• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Australia vs Georgia (09/09/2023)

That's so frustrating there from Georgia, do everything well off the back of that in attack and get across the line for some basic finishing to cost you a try.

TBH, and as a SH, I hate what Nic White was doing.
IMO, once SH has lifted the ball, then ball is out, whether he puts it back down or not. I know that's not how it's ref.d, and I know why, but I wish it was.
It really annoys me cause a) a ruck happens over a ball on the ground and 2) a ball shouldn't handled in a ruck. It only makes sense that if both those things happen a ruck should be over.

Had White's mustache not been injured yet?

Now that was good by the young uncle Albert

youthful attack isn't looking to bad for Australia, but the ease at which this Georgian backline is slicing through them must be a major concern for when they end up being up against bigger teams (jumping in only for the last ten minutes of this one, so not sure what there general story has been)

It almost appears that the Georgians were all wearing blinkers, they never seen to look for it see support either side of them.

That should have been better

The handling errors and turnover stats are going to be terrible from both teams

youthful attack isn't looking to bad for Australia, but the ease at which this Georgian backline is slicing through them must be a major concern for when they end up being up against bigger teams (jumping in only for the last ten minutes of this one, so not sure what there general story has been)
Midfield defence without Ikitau was always going to be a nightmare for us.

Anyone else just pick up that stuff up on ITV where the name for George Gregan was written as Sean Gregan? Nailing it

Edit: Clearly based on the messages directly above Mine 😂

Really poor from Georgia. Tactics awful in the first, much improved in second half (who knew you can only get line breaks if you don't kick the ball away) but poor execution. 14 & 15 usually very consistent for them but both had poor games. And that was all with their set piece actually being fairly functional.

Aussies seemed to be struggling for motivation in the second half and probably thought the job was done. Scoreline was pretty much bang on with what I predicted but the nature of the game was much more disappointing.

Itv graphic Sean Gregan!!! Pretty sure it's George. Amateur hour.
Apparently they put up the wrong full time score in the France game yesterday.

At least they didn't do "Sean Gregan, has never won at Twickenham", so ITV are improving.

Watching that again red again as a neutral and listening to Lawrence speak… no. He didn't stand his ground, he is still specifically moving in closer to tackle him and he didn't drop his height at all to get a lower hit on the jumper. Unfortunately that's just a clear red in the current head clash laws. Pundits talking rubbish. Again, generic points here about what needs to be done to make sure this sport continues in the future and doesn't get sued into oblivion for not protecting their players.

Anyway, Ford is taking his teammates by the scruff of their necks and dragging them ahead single-handedly. English attack isn't looking great, but Argentina as a whole is just looking disheveled and a mess. Cheika needs to pull an Alex Ferguson, otherwise the momentum stays with England and Ford breaks Jannie de Beer's most drop goals in a World Cup game record.

Side note, are we going to have to put up with this terrible protect this house ad for seven weeks? I really don't think I can do it? Please bring back stories about wings being slow to turn.
Wrong match mate.