• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

As a Welshman what I wouldnt give for a 2012-2014 Dan Lydiate!!! Game is made for him. Gutted his injuries have curtailed his career.

Read Sams autobiography. He says as much. He hit him so perfectly Clercs body overtook itself and on realising he would go right over on his head if he followed through he has released to prevent him going on his head forcefully. He just hit him so well as he read the play and the pace and forces meant only one thing was going to. As soon as he hit him it was going that way. He did what he could to mitigate it but Rolland wanted to make a point.

For some reason they seem to think it is a good idea to draw a line in the sand for the latest evolution of a rule at the RWC. Would make sense to go zero tolerance 12 months before on whatever is the latest no no rather than having players caught a little off guard during rwc and having cards/refs having to much influence over the result.

As a Welshman what I wouldnt give for a 2012-2014 Dan Lydiate!!! Game is made for him. Gutted his injuries have curtailed his career.
D'u know what... I thought he was completely past it too but then he played in a couple of last autumns November Internationals (loads of injuries at the time I think) and he shocked the **** outta me by looking great.

I don't necessarily disagree, I just think all the talk about NZ vs Eng being the real final and the winner is on that side of the draw is what is making the bok fans think they are being undervalued.

Which I agree is fair - South Africa vs England right now feels like a 50/50 match up, and perhaps the only reason we are being talked up more is we've been lucky enough not to have to face NZ yet!

Last edited:
Oh we'll never forgive Rolland... regardless of the fact that he in all 'probability' applied the correct punishment under what was the flavour-of-the-month back then (spear/dump tackle).

I look at the tackle now and still (maybe it's just my Welsh bias) but I personally would give Sam only a yellow (even if it happened with a Bok performing an identical tackle on a Taf in this upcoming semi) as I honestly feel that once he realised that Vincent Clerc was rotating over the horizontal, he released contact and didn't 'complete' the dump. As I said though, I'm more than prepared to admit that I could be seeing things purely through daff-tinted specs.
except letting go of a player once they've gone past the horizontal is extremely careless and really dangerous. I'd argue it's almost as bad as driving them in on their head/neck.

If you let go of a person once they are past the horizontal there's a 0% they won't land in a dangerous position. If you hold them up, you are likely to soften their impact with the ground or alter their position.

except letting go of a player once they've gone past the horizontal is extremely careless and really dangerous. I'd argue it's almost as bad as driving them in on their head/neck.

If you let go of a person once they are past the horizontal there's a 0% they won't land in a dangerous position. If you hold them up, you are likely to soften their impact with the ground or alter their position.
Regardless of whatever this logic-thing is you seem to be using :p, I shall never agree with that particular Red... it's just too painful to see the 'truth' :oops:.

Wales seem to have the most humble/approachable supporters of all the nations in the British Isles. Ireland was very cocky until they got kicked out again, Eng is still a mix of cocky and arrogant. Scotland were just raging everyyime I read something but were never cocky.

The above observations is probably why English supporters are claiming the other sf is the final. Maybe sometimes you need to make such claims if you fear your team is about to be knocked out of the world Cup.

Personally I am scared of this Wales match, not only our recent results against them but also the memories of that last world Cup where something amazing had to happen at the death to pull of the win. This could go either way and there won't be more than 5 points in it. I think and hope we will win, there is huge optimism but I would honestly be surprised if there is a runaway victory.

But like, have you ever met a Welsh person?

Gonna be an armwrestle just think we are better equipped to beat SA in that type of match.

Gonna be an armwrestle just think we are better equipped to beat SA in that type of match.

"If we try and beat South Africa at the scrum and lineouts, and try and arm-wrestle them, I think we will lose. - Jamie Roberts

Springboks – 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Subs: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Franco Mostert, 21 Francois Louw, 22 Herschel Jantjies, 23 Frans Steyn.

Let's hope Willie has head game-brain with him on Sunday. Kolbe will be sorely missed in this team. I still think Boks by 5-8 points.

Springboks – 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Subs: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Franco Mostert, 21 Francois Louw, 22 Herschel Jantjies, 23 Frans Steyn.

So just the one forced change with Nkosi coming in for Kolbe. Not surprized by this at all, just hope the guys improve on attack. We went with the 6/2 split again, makes me think that we will be playing exactly the same as we did against Japan...

Latest posts