• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

I don't see SA doing the kicking game. I would love us to keep the ball in the forwards. I see Schalk Britz being our secret weapon at fullback, check him being a forced replacement for the bench before Sunday. No jokes, I could even see him being our starting 9, with us not kicking a single ball out of hand in the game.....

I don't see SA doing the kicking game. I would love us to keep the ball in the forwards. I see Schalk Britz being our secret weapon at fullback, check him being a forced replacement for the bench before Sunday. No jokes, I could even see him being our starting 9, with us not kicking a single ball out of hand in the game.....
I can't see Schalk featuring from here-on in, unfortunately. I'd love to see the big man with the big smile play though, mind!

You never know with Rassie......why do you think Schalk played loosie in one game? :)

Kolbe out is not that much of a step back! both wingers are flyers and speed wise could embarrass North.

The main issue for Wales is simply players aren't fit enough to compete for 80 mins. Fox might be back but wont be at 100%, North looks slow, Parks is just a body not offering much. Maybe time to make some changes for fresher legs to begin the game? Halfpenny, Lane to start?

I think Kolbe is being rested for a possible final. I'm scared to play Wales. Your forwards won't take a step back, and that is the ONLY way SA could win, possibly the final too. That is how the AB's beat us. Up front.

We can front up against SA at full strength but as the game goes on we will get tired quicker and it will show I think. I hope I am wrong. SA will start to get penalties at the scrum, and breakdown and chip away at scoreboard. SA defense has been solid for a while now and Wales aren't scoring enough. Hope it all changes but for me I see SA winning 25-15

Mbonambi has really taken over Marx. Credit to him he has been playing out his skin and on form.

I think Wales will score once, maybe from a mistake or intercept like last week. I think a couple of penalties, maybe 3 which takes the total to 16 at most. I feel that if SA go over that mark we won't win. Especially if we are chasing that score. It is a slender points tally to keep them under. Obviously this is entirely based on figures pulled out my arse but I think that is the kind of task that Wales face. "I" think being the key...

I don't think the welsh pack will last too long vs the SA pack we will wear them down in the first half and run riot in the second.

Mbonambi has really taken over Marx. Credit to him he has been playing out his skin and on form.

I don't think he has overtaken Marx, I think they are equally good at the moment. Marx was just out of form for the most part this season. He did however had a great game when he came on in the 30th minute against Japan.

One thing Wales do very well is staying within touching distance even when behind. What this means is that at 60 minutes the pressure is on the team winning rather than them as it feels like they are protecting a lead rather winning a game. Wales are then expects at capitalising on one mistake and winning the game. S.A really need to have a good lead going into the last 20.

One thing Wales do very well is staying within touching distance even when behind. What this means is that at 60 minutes the pressure is on the team winning rather than them as it feels like they are protecting a lead rather winning a game. Wales are then expects at capitalising on one mistake and winning the game. S.A really need to have a good lead going into the last 20.

True. But it seemed like Wales are a bit out of puff after 60minutes, and that's where SA got the upper hand against Japan. We basically have 2 packs that don't run out of puff for the full 80.

For some reason I am quite relaxed about this game, had way more nerves last week this time.
No disrespect to Wales and Welsh fans, Boks to me is a much stronger side, fitter and injury free (Nkosi is a plus when it comes to an aerial game)

My mind is gearing up for the final against the All Blacks already

For some reason I am quite relaxed about this game, had way more nerves last week this time.
No disrespect to Wales and Welsh fans, Boks to me is a much stronger side, fitter and injury free (Nkosi is a plus when it comes to an aerial game)

My mind is gearing up for the final against the All Blacks already

I felt the same way in 2015, and then we nearly lost the damn game against the Welsh. Plus we lost the last 2 games against them. I'm not sitting comfortably at all about this game.

BBC sport confirming Williams is out and also unlikely to make next week. Halfpenny not a bad replacement.

Was about to post that. That's a big loss to Wales but not as much of a miss than a few others I suppose.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50171499

Now confirmed gone. That's a massive loss for Wales. much I admire the hobbit that is 1/2p he offers next to nothing in attack and is nowhere near as abrasive as Liam Williams. I honestly don't think Wales have much running threat left. If JD2 is knackered then they have virtually nothing.......

Bringing Halfpenny into a side struggling to attack is definitely a nail in the coffin.

That said, he's good defensively, still got a decent boot on him, and isn't likely to have a moment of madness and lose the game through idiocy.

That said * 2: Sanjay and JD2 are Wales two best/most important backs. Losing one is bad, losing both would be rreeall bad.

Halfpenny will be 15 so does that mean the bench option will be Lane? Probably will be a centre though as all of them seem to be carrying an injury.

Latest posts