• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v South Africa

From what I have seen, if they want to fit in Pollard and Am, the logical steps would be to drop one of Williams/Reinach (for Pollard) and Mapimpi (for Am)
From local news, the team is now locked in as is. So no De Jager, Pollard or Am.

Pollard though is apparently on stand-by but can only get in if there is injury. Supposedly Am and De Jager are out for good.

So who's arm will be "accidentally" broken in training to make space for Pollard?
Last World Cup we lost Jesse Kriel and Trevor Nyakane to injuries. In 2015 we lost Jean De Villiers early on. In 2011 it was Francois Steyn. In 2007 it was Jean De Villiers again and BJ Botha.

There's not really a conspiracy of someone feigning injury for the purpose of Pollard coming in. This is the World Cup. If you make it to the quarters that's 4 games back to back. Unfortunately someone WILL get injured (history clearly shows that for SA) and the first person to be injured will be replaced by Pollard.

So who's arm will be "accidentally" broken in training to make space for Pollard?
Last World Cup we lost Jesse Kriel and Trevor Nyakane to injuries. In 2015 we lost Jean De Villiers early on. In 2011 it was Francois Steyn. In 2007 it was Jean De Villiers again and BJ Botha.

There's not really a conspiracy of someone feigning injury for the purpose of Pollard coming in. This is the World Cup. If you make it to the quarters that's 4 games back to back. Unfortunately someone WILL get injured (history clearly shows that for SA) and the first person to be injured will be replaced by Pollard.
Ja, between NZ, Scotland, Romania, Ireland and Tonga.. that's 5 games. I can't think that we go through 5 games without at least 1 injury. Unfortunately!

Ja, between NZ, Scotland, Romania, Ireland and Tonga.. that's 5 games. I can't think that we go through 5 games without at least 1 injury. Unfortunately!
Following that logic, Kitshoff or M Marx gets injured and they call in Pollard? I know coaches seem to be a little "fluid" on positions but surely it'll have to be a halfback at least? What happens if they fail to get injured?

Yeah if it's a prop, hooker or Fourie that gets injured then I'm fairly certain that the rules of the comp will mean that an appropriate front row replacement will have to be called in.

Yeah if it's a prop, hooker or Fourie that gets injured then I'm fairly certain that the rules of the comp will mean that an appropriate front row replacement will have to be called in.
Nienaber is on record that if a forward get injured then a forward will be called in not Pollard.

I still cant understand How Pollard was not part of the squad any case.