• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: Argentina - South Africa (25/08/2012)

I think Argentina deserved to win, I am very sad. I reckon for this way is possible that Los Pumas improve a lot. We have more point than Australia. Who it knew before this match .

South Africa were very, very lucky to come away with a draw.

They created nothing and were rewarded with a flukish try.

I said Argentina would be difficult to beat at home, especially in "El Interior"

Peanuts hou op moan. move on.org

We really, really need to sort out our breakdown issues. I think that's our main problem, then we need to start worry about creating some try-scoring chances. Like Cooky said we didn't do anything this time, except at the death there. Even in previous games when we had front-foot ball we struggled to create anything.

Yep. he let the Argentina* come side entry in to tackles, rucks and mauls for the whole 80 minutes.
Fixed.

what you say is not fair.
South African rugby is very, very big to put a referee as an excuse.

So over all you're quite happy with the match and how it went, no complaints? Great.

You've pretty much nailed it mate. Ignore Walsh, the Springboks were still dire.
Honestly. Argentina will probably gutted about the result, they were incredibly close to a deserved win.

South Africa were very, very lucky to come away with a draw.

They created nothing and were rewarded with a flukish try.

I said Argentina would be difficult to beat at home, especially in "El Interior"

Totally agree.............Argentine defence was magnificent, the try they scored one of the best team scores for some time and they showed tremendous effort. SA were never in a position to pose a scoring threat, other than through penalties, until dear old Bosch does what he does quite often with Biarritz and loses concentration and gives that **** F Steyn a simple and totally undeserved try.

Special word for Walsh who was again consistent, fair and let the game flow as best he could.

Second best team in the world......................um will reserve judgement as they have not looked like it this last week!

Well to be fair they can easily be the second best, perhaps even the best in a few years (Goosen :p ) but not with that line-up and with that gameplan.

Well, I don't find words, in english, to express how I fell... so, me quiero cortar la chota... go to google to translator...

Anyway, beeing honest, I think both teams, let's say nations aren't happy with the result... Maybe a draw before the game was a good result, then so close to victory defenitly wasn't at all, then the blooper but then SA could win it at the end... actually, me quiero cortar la chota....

P.d: We'll beat the aussies at home, remember this post.

Boks were ruffed up and it is a good thing.
Stupid stupid game-plan is going to backfire soon if Heyneke and co don't wake the F*** up

Watch and learn...

1st segment:

Green 7 comes in from the side, ahead of the hindmost part of the ruck. A clear penalty offence. The irony is that he then penalises Argentina for side-entry (so he didn't allow THEM to get away with it as you implied).

2nd segment: starting at 0:23

Green 16 side-entry, and from an offside position to boot. He has to move along behind the offside line and come in from directly behind the ruck, not at the 45° angle. Not so clear this one, but a penalty offence nonetheless.

Walsh missed both of these when they happened right in front of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pathetic display by Argentina. They should have won this at home but failed to close the match. Massive choke job. South Africa played very well. Both sides have terrible kicking.
WTF...How can it be a choke job by Argentina when SA are ranked 3rd in the world and Argentina 8th?........Last wek they were smacked 27 - 6 and this week you are saying they choked?

Your assessment is a tad overzealous and a whole lot ignorant. The Argies played extremely well but if there was a choke it should be the Boks rather than the Argies who should have that put around their necks

Last edited:
The Boks would definately be a better team if they had Hulk Burger, J Fourie (is he coming back to SA), JP Pieterson, Bismaark Du Plesis, Duanne Vermuelen, Pierre Spies, Juan Smith and add in the likes of Goosn to take over Morne Steyn and Jorddan into the midfieldd with Lambie into the Fullback role and all of a sudden they start looking scaringly strong again.

However at the moment the Boks are looking so beatable andd it was proven tooday with th Argies result. However I am sure the AB's wont take them lightly afterall when has there ever been a soft game between these two super powers of world rugby

WTF...How can it be a choke job by Argentina when SA are ranked 3rd in the world and Argentina 8th?........Last wek they were smacked 27 - 6 and this week you are saying they choked?

Your assessment is a tad overzealous and a whole lot ignorant. The Argies played extremely well but if there was a choke it should be the Boks rather than the Argies who should have that put around their necks

tiny_3574.png
This! In spades
tiny_3574.png

PS: You are being generous using the term "a tad"

Well, this will show us if Meyer is willing to adapt and change his team, and if he'll try to fix what needs fixing or if he's going to stick with what he has.

Totally agree.............Argentine defence was magnificent, the try they scored one of the best team scores for some time and they showed tremendous effort. SA were never in a position to pose a scoring threat, other than through penalties, until dear old Bosch does what he does quite often with Biarritz and loses concentration and gives that **** F Steyn a simple and totally undeserved try.

Special word for Walsh who was again consistent, fair and let the game flow as best he could.

Second best team in the world......................um will reserve judgement as they have not looked like it this last week!

Is it just me or is Walsh becoming a really good official, his communication with the players has really improved and I like how he tells teams what he's getting frustrated about without immediately reaching into his pocket for a yellow card.

As for the result, those of us who want Argentina to do well shouldn't be dissapointed, this was a great effort, I really think the Wallabies could be in trouble when they travel to Argentina.

Edit: Also fantastic to see a lot of Argentine members posting about the game welcome to the forum everyone.

Last edited:
I agree with you LG, he is becoming a really good referee, much better than he was when he was a winking twat.

Latest posts