• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: Argentina - South Africa (25/08/2012)

Darwin

AKA Dingo_Darwin
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
TRC.png

Estadio Mundialista Malvinas Argentinas, Mendoza (25-08-2012, 19:10 GMT)
Argentina.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
South%20Africa.png

Referee: Steve Walsh
30px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png

Assistants: Jérôme Garcès
30px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
& John Lacey
30px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png

Television match official: TBA
30px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

I suppose while Argentina will undoutably have a massive boost from their home crowd both teams have travelled this week and Argentina twice across the Southern Atlantic already in a small turn-around time! So dispite losing Bismarck we should still be up for a win.

Pumas side confirmed:

El XV Puma:
1- Rodrigo Roncero (50 partidos 25 puntos)
2- Eusebio Guiñazú (19 partidos 5 puntos)
3- Juan Figallo (10 partidos 5 puntos)
4- Manuel Carizza (24 partidos 5 puntos)
5- Patricio Albacete (47 partidos 5 puntos)
6- Julio Farías Cabello (11 partidos 5 puntos)
7- Ãlvaro Galindo (12 partidos 10 puntos)
8- Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe (c) (44 partidos 20 puntos)
9- Nicolás Vergallo (24 partidos)
10- Juan Martín Hernández (33 partidos 89 puntos)
11- Horacio Agulla (35 partidos 20 puntos)
12- Santiago Fernández (19 partidos 8 puntos)
13- Marcelo Bosch (11 partidos 11 puntos)
14- Gonzalo Camacho (12 partidos 20 puntos)
15- Martín Rodríguez (16 partidos 61 puntos)

Only change, Rodríguez Gurruchaga in for González Amorosino. A total disgrace, I think we will all agree with Psychic Duck's inevitable opinion.

Bench will be announced on Thursday. Juan Manuel Leguizamón is still unavailable, as is Agustín Creevy. Federico Todeschini (probably the last real goalkicker Argentina has had) was in Mendoza yesterday helping with the kicking training.

Last edited:
Pumas side confirmed:

El XV Puma:
1- Rodrigo Roncero (50 partidos 25 puntos)
2- Eusebio Guiñazú (19 partidos 5 puntos)
3- Juan Figallo (10 partidos 5 puntos)
4- Manuel Carizza (24 partidos 5 puntos)
5- Patricio Albacete (47 partidos 5 puntos)
6- Julio Farías Cabello (11 partidos 5 puntos)
7- Ãlvaro Galindo (12 partidos 10 puntos)
8- Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe (c) (44 partidos 20 puntos)
9- Nicolás Vergallo (24 partidos)
10- Juan Martín Hernández (33 partidos 89 puntos)
11- Horacio Agulla (35 partidos 20 puntos)
12- Santiago Fernández (19 partidos 8 puntos)
13- Marcelo Bosch (11 partidos 11 puntos)
14- Gonzalo Camacho (12 partidos 20 puntos)
15- Martín Rodríguez (16 partidos 61 puntos)

Only change, Rodríguez Gurruchaga in for González Amorosino. A total disgrace, I think we will all agree with Psychic Duck's inevitable opinion.

Bench will be announced on Thursday. Juan Manuel Leguizamón is still unavailable, as is Agustín Creevy. Federico Todeschini (probably the last real goalkicker Argentina has had) was in Mendoza yesterday helping with the kicking training.

Duck definitely won't be happy. There must be a conspiracy against Argentina.

9189283.jpg

I'd heard that the SA squad would be announced today. I guess they're working at Argentine time. I can't wait, damn it.

What the hell?
iz3h9t.gif
Well, since the reserves are going to be announced tomorrow, I hope we'll see a little surprise in there. (Praying for Imhoff) But I'm afraid we'll see the same bench as last weekend's, just with González Amorosino at 22.

What does Imhoff have to do to be included?

We don't know. The question is, how many kicks we have to fail to include a decent kicker and this not new.

Even though, I'm positive about this game in particular, I have the feeling atmosphere will balance the teams strength...

Juan Martín Hernández has been ruled out of Sturday's game: http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1593203&s=rug&type=story

I guess Fernández will move to 10, Rodríguez Gurruchaga to 12 and either González Amorosino, Imhoff or Bustos Moyano will enter the side. The other option is to play Nicolás Sánchez, but I don't see that happen. I suppose if the injury rules him out for more games, Contepomi would be called in.

It´s my first post (second really, i´hev just post my first post introducing my self)
I think it would be like this:
Vergallo
Fernandez
Agulla
Rodriguez Gurruchaga
Bosch
Camacho
Gonzalez Amorosino

but I would like t be
Landajo
Fernandez
Agulla
Rodriguez Gurruchaga
Camacho
Imhoff
Gonzalez amorosino

Boks squad:

The Springbok team to face Argentina in Mendoza is:
15. Zane Kirchner (Vodacom Blue Bulls) 16 caps
14. Bryan Habana (DHL Western Province) 78 caps
13. Jean de Villiers (captain, DHL Western Province) 76 caps
12. Frans Steyn (The Sharks) 50 caps
11. Lwazi Mvovo (The Sharks) 5 caps
10. Morné Steyn (Vodacom Blue Bulls) 38 caps
9. Francois Hougaard (Vodacom Blue Bulls) 19 caps
8. Willem Alberts (The Sharks) 12 caps
7. Jacques Potgieter (Vodacom Blue Bulls) 2 caps
6. Marcell Coetzee (The Sharks) 4 caps
5. Andries Bekker (DHL Western Province) 25 caps
4. Eben Etzebeth (DHL Western Province) 4 caps
3. Jannie du Plessis (The Sharks) 34 caps
2. Adriaan Strauss (vice-captain, Toyota FS Cheetahs) 13 caps
1. Tendai Mtawarira (The Sharks) 36 caps
Replacements
16. Tiaan Liebenberg (DHL Western Province) uncapped
17. Pat Cilliers (MTN Golden Lions) 1 cap
18. Flip van der Merwe (Vodacom Blue Bulls) 15 caps
19. Keegan Daniel (The Sharks) 4 caps
20. Ruan Pienaar (Ulster, N Ireland) 55 caps
21. Pat Lambie (The Sharks) 13 caps
22. JJ Engelbrecht (Vodacom Blue Bulls) 1 cap

I think that's a good call to drop Daniel. He was anonymous last week, although i'm not sure if Potgieter will be much different. He will certainly add some more ball carrying ability to the side, but do they really need that?

I think that's a good call to drop Daniel. He was anonymous last week, although i'm not sure if Potgieter will be much different. He will certainly add some more ball carrying ability to the side, but do they really need that?

I Agree with the dropping of Daniel. I guess we're going for the battering rams... last week was a tester to see what the Argies can do, so this week we're going all out. HM said he wants a four-try bonus point win.

Potgieter is more robust in his defense and ball carrying than Daniel who pulled a Spies last week and dissappeared. Still think we need either of Flouw or Brussow to bring some balance to the loose trio and play too the ball.

Personally I'm not convinced that dropping Daniel to the bench is the right decision. I'm certainly not the biggest fan of Daniel (I actually prefer Botes at the Sharks!), and I agree that Daniel disappeared somewhat last weekend, but I think the loose trio looks far more balanced with him included rather than Potgieter. I think the loose-trio will be fine this weekend against Argentina, but looking forwards to the tests against New Zealand and Australia I think a trio of Coetzee, Potgieter and Alberts will get hammered at the breakdown (especially when you consider they no longer have B du Plessis...). Ideally you would want Brussow or Louw instead, but of the players available I think Daniel is probably the next best alternative. I suppose time will tell!

No surprise to see Juan Martín Hernández out (it was more of a surprise to see him playing to be honset!), but it will be interesting to see what Argentina do here, and how it affects their style of play...

Personally I'm not convinced that dropping Daniel to the bench is the right decision. I'm certainly not the biggest fan of Daniel (I actually prefer Botes at the Sharks!), and I agree that Daniel disappeared somewhat last weekend, but I think the loose trio looks far more balanced with him included rather than Potgieter. I think the loose-trio will be fine this weekend against Argentina, but looking forwards to the tests against New Zealand and Australia I think a trio of Coetzee, Potgieter and Alberts will get hammered at the breakdown (especially when you consider they no longer have B du Plessis...). Ideally you would want Brussow or Louw instead, but of the players available I think Daniel is probably the next best alternative. I suppose time will tell!

No surprise to see Juan Martín Hernández out (it was more of a surprise to see him playing to be honset!), but it will be interesting to see what Argentina do here, and how it affects their style of play...
:)

Last edited:

Latest posts