International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140803015909572071.jpg

Who the hell are "Libre"?

If Tuculet wants to play top level rugby again we'll happily have him back at Sale!

Who the hell are "Libre"?

If Tuculet wants to play top level rugby again we'll happily have him back at Sale!

Free player who currently doesn't contract with some professional team.

regretting Juan Figallo's absence dearly. Everybody knows what the scrum means to the Pumas, and how they destroyed NZ in the scrum last year...love watching a tighthead dominate, and unfortunately that's not what Herrera's going to do. I've seen him play those last few games for Castres, and he wasn't impressive. We'll see here though...now he's a big guy, and can only add power to the Pumas' pack, but still a little young for a TH (25yo).

If 'Libre' means unattached than - Sanchez, Hernandez, Tuculet and Amorosino are all available on a free. Some talent there for lots of teams, Saints could do with a quality 10.

If 'Libre' means unattached than - Sanchez, Hernandez, Tuculet and Amorosino are all available on a free. Some talent there for lots of teams, Saints could do with a quality 10.

GET your dirty hands off them you capitalist pig !!.....if Argentina has any free players, they'll come to France...:rolleyes:

Why have Argentina only chosen 26 players, whereas Australia and NZ have picked 31 and The Boks 30? Is the Pumas' strength in depth really that bad?

so conrad are you happy about your selection ? ;)

Yeah, it's the best we have right now. The only player missing is Patricio Albacete, and he isn't for political reasons that I said at the time. With any team we will finish last in this competition. In 2012 we had a great team with Rodrigo Roncero on the front row, Albacete on the second row and our defense was very very strong. So strong that Graham Henry said the Pumas' defense was the second best defense in the world, and yet we couldn't get a win, even though we were close to beating Aussies in Gold Coast.

Right now, with a weaker team than the Pumas 2012, with Wallabies are almost at the same level than ABs, with several Waratahs players on high level, I don't expect any victory this year.

I think SA is the weakest team of Tri Nations, at the moment. However they are a very strong team and can destroy any European team as they did against Wales in the first test and like the test versus Scotland in June.

Last edited:
I agree the Pumas were terrific on defense during that 2012 campaign. But something happened, probably fatigue, after their Wales game. They were still good in Paris, but France were on fire that period, but then completely dominated in Dublin. Not to take away from the Irish, but the Pumas just seemed to not have it in them, one game too many after a long year, nothing like the all-conquering squad we'd seen ease through their Cardiff stop. And in 2013, just a disaster of inconsistency, and shipping 70+pts in Johannesburg was just strange.

Hopefully this year is a good one again, but Rugby fans and world community will have to be very vigilant and intelligent with their interpretation of Arg's results: all three of NZ, AUS and SA are red hot, if not on fire atm. Argentina happens to play the 3 ***ans of world Rugby and don't get a game against Italy or Scotland (sorry fans of those !...), it's all 100% Rugby Hell, the highest possible level. Out of the 6 matches they play, at least one big pounding is heftily due.

Juan Imhoff is ruled out by an injury, Jeronimo De la Fuente is the replacement.

oooh...bad. Was counting on Imhoff's speed to add just that little extra to the Pumas..

Latest posts