• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 19/20 - Round 1

qwjhOoV.png

IDK about that chief.

Us locals are restless. For a derby game atmosphere is flat, weird. I need more cider

They should be allowed to check tries after the conversion if they rush it cause that's definitely forward

Edit: I see Nathan Hughes is still an absolute ****

Last edited:
So I heard Ioan Lloyd made a bit of an impression, between him and Sam Costelow Wales seem pretty set for 10's for the foreseeable future.

Deary me. Not good enough. Will this be branded as another season of so called 'promising training' but woeful performances?

Deary me. Not good enough. Will this be branded as another season of so called 'promising training' but woeful performances?

Bath are similar to Leicester. A lot of talk about history and attitude etc..., but I've never liked the idea of just promoting from within and Hooper getting the job almost straight after retiring personally never looked good. The implication that the likes of Hooper or Murphy have sat there and had no influence because the guy at the top stopped them is ridiculous. Even if they are able to change some aspects they are still part of the old setup that failed. I don't have much hope for Leicester either, but we'll see.

Hooper out.

Harsh after only one game and a whole bus load of internationals away but us bath fans have been worried since Hooper was made DOR. We deserve a quality qualified world class coach. Otherwise Bruce might as well hire a fan from a stand for every game, could we play any worse?

Sale 16 - 18 Gloucester
Nice to see the second half brain fade is still alive and well at Sale,
Pretty dominant first half but Gloucester's defence in their 22 was brilliant and kept us to 10 - 0, 2nd half we switch off and Gloucester come alive and give us a bit of a kicking
Kick to win the game at the death hits the post - brutal.

Chiefs held on luckily didnt see the game just seen the updates on prem app. But why is Hendrickson in that team i dont rate him at all i would definatly have had Hill start. Also anyone know where Devoto is? Im guessing injured?

Backs played like poop.
Forwards improved.

Sums up Tigers.

Now will that change with the International backs coming in who knows.
But Murphy paid the price for picking a backline that has hardly played with each other

Backs played like poop.
Forwards improved.

Sums up Tigers.

Now will that change with the International backs coming in who knows.
But Murphy paid the price for picking a backline that has hardly played with each other
But you had Noel Reid? Isnt he GOAT? :D:p

Top 3 as Bristol Worcester LIrish after round 1,

Bristol had the likes of leiua and vui on the bench as theyve been away so a young 15 beating bath badly.
LIrish just promoted and put wasps away who had their AB signing unlike LIrish
And Wuss, genuinly thought they were heading for the drop this season, still do but ideal start for them. Bad for Leicester as they lose internationals again in Feb.

Top 4 prediction.

Chiefs
Sarries
Saints
Bristol

Sale
Gloucester making champions cup next season.

LTTP as I haven't caught up with all the games yet; to anyone who's seen the Bristol vs Barf match what did you make of Barf's yellow card for a high tackle on Hurrell? Personally I thought it was a straight red under the new framework as no mitigation and high degree of force/danger straight to head with no late dip or similar. It sits in stark contrast to how we've seen the RWC officiated. Would be curious to know your opinions.

Oh there was also a pretty cheeky/dirty shoulder to Morahan's head by Brew which went unpunished but was picked up on TV coverage. Red but with mitigating (maybe) as he was tackled by someone else before Brew flew in. The latter one was right in front of me and didn't look good, Morahan clearly felt it too.

Latest posts