• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

Not sure what just happened in the gymnastics, commentary were saying a routine was basically nailed on for gold and it got 6th!

Marked him down on difficulty and execution. Difficulty being the big one.

But even with full difficulty he'd have got 4th. Not sure what he did wrong in execution compared to Jarman who looked less assured.

But then I watch gymnastics once every 4 years.

Road Cycling race is so narrow and windy I'm surprised we're not seeing more riders down

Graphics in the cycling are just terrible - who's in the peloton? Who's in the breakout?
Give me stats ffs

Edit: think I saw Pidcock in the peloton so 2m30ish behind the leaders - no chance, realistically

Graphics in the cycling are just terrible - who's in the peloton? Who's in the breakout?
Give me stats ffs
IOC in house production is terrible. The company that does the production for classics and grand tours is so much better. You know how many are in each group and you get a scrolling list of the big names in each group. It took me a while to realize that Remco and MVDP weren't in the same group.

Crazy ride from Evenepoel
Looked at the Frenchman, saw he couldn't take turns drafting with him anymore, and put the hammer down and put 20s on him in a few minutes

Pulling for Healy to get the bronze, no idea if he has a good sprint or anything but he's in the mix in that chase group

Edit: quick Google shows Healy is from Birmingham!
Hon the lads!

Now rowings finished TeamGB had a record collection as below, taken from the BBC

Britain's rowing medallists at Paris 2024

Britain finished the Paris Olympics with eight medals to beat their previous best at an overseas Games.
Here are the medal winners:
Gold
  • Men's eight - Sholto Carnegie, Rory Gibbs, Morgan Bolding, Jacob Dawson, Charlie Elwes, Tom Digby, James Rudkin, Tom Ford and cox Harry Brightmore
  • Women's lightweight double sculls - Emily Craig and Imogen Grant
  • Women's quadruple sculls - Lauren Henry, Lola Anderson, Hannah Scott and Georgina Brayshaw
Silver
  • Men's pair - Oliver Wynne-Griffith and Tom George
  • Women's four - Helen Glover, Esme Booth, Sam Redgrave and Rebecca Shorten
Bronze
  • Women's eight - Heidi Long, Rowan McKellar, Holly Dunford, Emily Ford, Lauren Irwin, Eve Stewart, Harriet Taylor, Annie Campbell-Orde and cox Henry Fieldman
  • Men's four - Oli Wilkes, David Ambler, Matt Aldridge and Freddie Davidson
  • Women's double sculls - Mathilda Hodgkins-Byrne and Becky Wilde

Latest posts