• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

In some countries he got much more hate, I'd say...and people couldn't understand how someone can give him a chance to participate in Olympics. Seems like only in Western countries media no one did really pay attention to him.
He got a reasonable amount of attention in the Western Media, once the beach Volleyball started (and some beforehand, but in the back oages, not front).

They may have been more willing to accept the reasoning though.

If you mean places like this, rather than the media, then it's more than his case has been though the courts, and all the I formation is out there, unchallenged in the public domain - there's not much discussion to be had.
Whereas for Khalif, it's all pretty new, with no real information that's hard to find, but plenty of ingrained kneejerk the moment anyone gender is questioned.

There's no argument about whether or not child-rape is bad. Arguments about "what is a woman" are very much live, and current. As is the immediate release of misinformation.

Last edited:
How the hell is that legal?

I thought that getting a draft from a car after your chat was cheating. I utterly fail to see how freewheeling whilst actively holding onto a car is classed as "cycling".

Either allow them to be told what to do, and give them radios, or so t allow them to chat with non-riders.
Either way, don't allow them to be driven.

I think its fair to say Beach Volleyball authorities should of issued a lifetime ban and not be associated with the guy.

There's no argument about whether or not child-rape is bad
Of course there's no argument about it. But I don't see a lot of arguments whether such a person can actually participate in big events like Olympics...for me it was a shock to be honest. When the Olympics just started, I read an article in my native language about it (and there were tons of comments from shocked and irritated people under this article), but first of all I thought that media strongly exaggerated everything to show "a bad Western world" (and I was very sarcastic about it). Then I found an info in other sources and understood that the media were rather soft and didn't give all the details (like about his prison sentence for such a crime,how many time did he actually spent in a prison,also he admitted he did it three times and not only once etc). And I was looking also at Western media: they were surprisingly pretty quiet for such a shocking story. That also seems weird for me..

I think its fair to say Beach Volleyball authorities should of issued a lifetime ban and not be associated with the guy.
I think that was pretty much the universal opinion within about 5 minutes* of anyone learning about it.
But there would need to be provision already in place in the rules and reg.s for volleyball.

* with most of that time taken by learning the difference between Dutch and UK law - though that was generally dealt with in the first article found, regardless of location

How the hell is that legal?

I thought that getting a draft from a car after your chat was cheating. I utterly fail to see how freewheeling whilst actively holding onto a car is classed as "cycling".

Either allow them to be told what to do, and give them radios, or so t allow them to chat with non-riders.
Either way, don't allow them to be driven.
When they are 200+k from the finish and on flat ground no one cares if they get a bit of a free ride. The Italian was a bit excessive though.

Nice, rounded look to GB's medal tally.

Damn those Aussies are efficient in the red zone.

This new windsurfing style is crazy, with the boards about a foot above the water

Latest posts