• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

Absolutely fantastic rally in the badminton

The male Chinese badminton player in particular is an absolutely boss. He's pulling out some incredible shots.

That's the right pair of bruisers in the Judo

Done a little digging, and it's worth noting that the IBA appear to be too corrupt, even for the IOC, and that the IBA president appears to be friendly with Putin, beholden to Gazprom, and all the homophobia etc that implied with that.

Anyway, on this issue in particular: even their own minutes where they 'clarify' their decision make it pretty clear that the process was a joke. Like, by their own account it went like this: supposedly, both athletes failed a test at the previous year's world championships, in Turkey in '22. The IBA didn't bother disqualifying them then or telling anyone though (that's really not how the testing process works. Even if the fight or competition is over, if a test is failed, results are struck). Upon arrival, and this bit is pretty glaring, both passed all the required tests to enter an IBA tournament, and only after that did the President demand they both take new, unspecified tests that they 'failed'.

Even the 'failed for having xy chromosones' is unclear, because that was an as far as I can tell unofficial statement by the (dodgy as hell) IBA chief. It certainly isn't in the official justification of the decision linked above, nor does it appear in their official statement this week. 'Did not meet the eligibility criteria to compete in female categories' is an incredibly vague statement.

The IOC statement adds another tidbit: the regulations used under which Khelif is eligible were put in place while the IBA was still organising the competition. And even past that, both fighters boxed in IBA-sanctioned tournaments for years.

ETA: Also, this, which google wasn't showing me when I was doing my digging:

TLDR:
This is not a trans discussion
This is not a testosterone discussion
This is not a really gross "external genitalia" discussion
This a chromosome discussion, with a test that only seems to have been seen by the IBA president, not the IBA itself, or the IOC itself, or, as far as I can tell, anyone at all with any credibility. Even the IBA chief exec. seem to suggest that the chromosome test was inconclusive.

Last edited:
Judo's a weird one, for not knowledgeable spectators

Nothing happens nothing happens nothing happens and then suddenly it's over

Good to see the Frenchman go out with a gold at home, spectacular throw on the world number 1 - he couldn't ask for more

Done a little digging, and it's worth noting that the IBA appear to be too corrupt, even for the IOC, and that the IBA president appears to be friendly with Putin, beholden to Gazprom, and all the homophobia etc that implied with that.

Anyway, on this issue in particular: even their own minutes where they 'clarify' their decision make it pretty clear that the process was a joke. Like, by their own account it went like this: supposedly, both athletes failed a test at the previous year's world championships, in Turkey in '22. The IBA didn't bother disqualifying them then or telling anyone though (that's really not how the testing process works. Even if the fight or competition is over, if a test is failed, results are struck). Upon arrival, and this bit is pretty glaring, both passed all the required tests to enter an IBA tournament, and only after that did the President demand they both take new, unspecified tests that they 'failed'.

Even the 'failed for having xy chromosones' is unclear, because that was an as far as I can tell unofficial statement by the (dodgy as hell) IBA chief. It certainly isn't in the official justification of the decision linked above, nor does it appear in their official statement this week. 'Did not meet the eligibility criteria to compete in female categories' is an incredibly vague statement.

The IOC statement adds another tidbit: the regulations used under which Khelif is eligible were put in place while the IBA was still organising the competition. And even past that, both fighters boxed in IBA-sanctioned tournaments for years.

ETA: Also, this, which google wasn't showing me when I was doing my digging:

TLDR:
This is not a trans discussion
This is not a testosterone discussion
This is not a really gross "external genitalia" discussion
This a chromosome discussion, with a test that only seems to have been seen by the IBA president, not the IBA itself, or the IOC itself, or, as far as I can tell, anyone at all with any credibility. Even the IBA chief exec. seem to suggest that the chromosome test was inconclusive.
Those minutes didn't specify anything about those supposed tests, what they were or what they measured.

Also interesting to note in this same minutes we're the IBAs determination to hide any and all information from the IOC about their activities with demands for NDAs from the auditors.

This is an interesting statement from the IOC about threats from the IBAs

Personally I'm coming around to the way of thinking that maybe the IBA wanted to create a situation and confrontation such as this by their actions against the two boxers to deliberately put the IOC in the spotlight as the "bad guy" as retaliation for essentially retribution for being sacked.

Update: just found out that the man solely responsible for the banning of the two, George A. Yerolimpos, has in fact been sacked from the IBA.

Last edited:
50m freestyle silver!
First ever in this race, I think they said
Yeah Foster failed often at the distance at Olympic level although it's a tough race if your slightly off.

Hopefully Marchand will pull Scott along with him, give him a good yardstick

Marchand's turns are just taking the ****, he gains so much distance on everyone else on them

Latest posts