• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

Gold in the lightweight double sculls for O'Donovan and McCarthy again, with absolute ease here. Two absolute legends!

Shame for us this isn't going to be in LA.

So close in the rowing (can't remember the name of the discipline) - oar clipped the water with about 30-40m to go and very possibly cost them the gold, lost by 0.5s. Were definitely getting chased down, but might have been able to hold out without that (commentary seemed to think so, so I'll bow to their knowledge)

So close in the rowing (can't remember the name of the discipline) - oar clipped the water with about 30-40m to go and very possibly cost them the gold, lost by 0.5s. Were definitely getting chased down, but might have been able to hold out without that (commentary seemed to think so, so I'll now to their knowledge)
That was a great race, GB blinked first v Croatia. Ireland's best finish in that race by two Fermanagh men (a very small county having a great olympics)

It was the men's coxless pair. Quite the sacrifice to row a boat if you ask me.

I think the real question is does she really have a unfair advantage
In my personal opinion she does but just because of her height, punching force and arm span. Of course that's not me who determine boxing categories but as I mentioned previously existing categories should be expanded and should be based not only on a weight. I look at Khelif and I understand that I would like to see her not banned but just in another category:
1722594941759.png

Maybe if someone's punching force is equal to an average punching force of another weight category - than the weight should be ignored/less considered and this person has to change the boxing category? Hmm🤔

Last edited:
In my personal opinion she does but just because of her height, punching force and arm span. Of course that's not me who determine boxing categories but as I mentioned previously existing categories should be expanded and should be based not only on a weight. I look at Khelif and I understand that I would like to see her not banned but just in another category:

Maybe if someone's punching force is equal to an average punching force of another weight category - than the weight should be ignored/less considered and this person has to change the boxing category? Hmm🤔
I mean that an entirely diffrent debate of if weight is the correct defining factor factor in boxing. none of which she exhibits there is a direct consequence of DSD or more precisely something someone without is unable possess.

Remember though taller and longer arms means they have will have less muscle and theres definitely going to be some power to weight ratio in a graph somewhere for boxers that a sports scientists has come up with .

If you believe all the bullshit, then Khelif must be the greatest female boxer to have ever boxed (hint, she isn't, remotely)
If you believe all the bullshit, then the only reason Carini lost is because despite being one of the best female boxers in the world (hint, she isn't) she just couldn't take a hit by a man.

Worth noting, Khelif has a reasonable record, but not great, has been beaten by plenty of female boxers who hit harder. Carini is a pretty poor boxer for this level, if she's never been hit that hard before, it's far more likely that it's because she's not in the same class.

As for the unreferenced "someone who statistically can hit 168% harder than her" - citation is needed, but - I can easily believe that a good boxer can hit much harder than a fairly poor boxer - how much so, I wouldn't have a clue.

This whole discussion has gotten utterly gross, stupidly quickly, with plenty of statements but virtually nothing in terms of evidence or references.
You are correct. There is a lot of bullshit regards this and I have lost the wood for the trees a bit. She did actually loose in 2020 but no one said anything then.

Bizarre to see the left using the "gender assigned at birth" argument with the right arguing that we have science to prove she's a man.
I guess its the wrong lens to use argument on this or a trans debate. Its not about "science" for either group.

Extreme Social Conservatives have very rigid views on what it means to be a man or a woman. Both in appearance and behaviors and how one should conform.
Extreme Social Liberals believe those definitions to be way more fluid or if they even exist at all.

For social conservatives its not about whether someone is biologically a woman or not its about if they fit within their box of what a woman is.
For soail liberals they don't care if they fit within the box or not its at most about unfair advantage and potential safety risks (in and out of sport).

Second gold for TeamGB today in trampolining

Last edited:
Gold number 3 for today, showjumping

Last edited:
Gold in the showjumping team event!
Final rider ranked 58th in the world, two poles down would be no medal, 1 down would be silver, 0 would be gold and he did it!

Gold in the showjumping team event!
Final rider ranked 58th in the world, two poles down would be no medal, 1 down would be silver, 0 would be gold and he did it!
Must be nice.

Our last guy (previously doped his horse) needed a clear round to medal and knocked two and put us out the medals.

ALL GB riders had cracking rounds, no fences dropped.

Think we've got 6 more medals we're in contention for today: Women's windsurfing and we have 5 swimmers spread between 3 swimming finals later on

This sailing is quite frantic very tactical

Seems very haphazard to follow but the AR being used for the TV to keep track is very impressive

First time I've seen a decent use of AR

Latest posts