English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 10.26.48.png

My guess is Coles, Isiekwe has missed out on multiple weeks of training, and Coles had a big season so deserves it anyway

Be interesting to see if there are any/many changes from the Japan game
Marler to start?
Will CCS keep the 6 shirt or will he drop to the bench with a kamikaze twin reunion starting?
Roebuck vs Sleightholme (vs Steward?) for the 23 shirt
Spencer vs Randall for the 21

Be interesting to see if there are any/many changes from the Japan game

Minimal I'd have thought otherwise what was the point of Japan?

Cole and Marler didn't start together in the 6N. Might be a good opportunity for Rodd.

Would like to see CCS start. Curry, Underhill and Earl are individually excellent but slightly samey as a group.

I thought Rodd came under some pressure on what was a rubbish Japanese pack so really don't think he deserves a start vs New Zealand, but then I get them not wanting to start Marler and Cole together. Should never have took Cole on tour though.

Either way I'm not going to watch this game, don't want to spend £15 on a day pass nor £34 for the month. It's also too early to go to the pub (without grief from the wife).

Hopefully there are some good highlights on the bbc or itv but I'm guessing there won't be.

I'll be getting up early to watch. Looking forward to it although not sure what to expect. I don't recognise a lot of the New Zealand team which is a first.

I thought Rodd came under some pressure on what was a rubbish Japanese pack so really don't think he deserves a start vs New Zealand
He won 3 scrum penalties and gave away 1 (and a freekick), but agree he didn't look comfortable or as dominant as you'd want - gave away two stupid penalties away from the scrum early on as well

I'd still have Baxter ahead of him, was a missed opportunity to not blood him vs Japan after the season he's had
Maybe they wanted Rodd's carrying and breakdown work in what was expected to be a fast/open game 🤷‍♂️ guessing he's the Genge backup and Baxter is the Marler

I'll be watching from the comfort of my bed 😂
Not sure what to expect from either team. It'll be interesting.

The Japan game it was Rodd and Cole who started, with Marler and Stuart coming off the bench, correct? Would it make sense to start Marler and Stuart with Rodd and Cole coming off the bench? Same combos just a different order?

Sotutu has just been named super rugby player of the year.....more pressure on razor to show he made the right choice

interesting video, got me hopeful again

The Japan game it was Rodd and Cole who started, with Marler and Stuart coming off the bench, correct? Would it make sense to start Marler and Stuart with Rodd and Cole coming off the bench? Same combos just a different order?
I dunno, same difference really? Maybe Rodd would benefit from seeing how the ref and oppo are scrumming before coming on, if memory serves his earlier scrums weren't great but he figured it out

Dont think the AB's are being named until thursday our time

1719889089212.png

why are teams named in the that order rather than just 1-23 or even 15-1 16-23 again?

why are teams named in the that order rather than just 1-23 or even 15-1 16-23 again?
I'm not sure that anyone actually knows. At a guess it may be because the backs are seen as more glamorous, more exciting, the stars of the team.
I always change it to 1-23 when I'm posting one, and have time to re-write them rather than just copy/paste.

comments on the NZ rugby forum im on are this looks like a good England team and could be a challenge

Happy with that team.

Hold up, it's only Tuesday. What is this trickery?
we've also had some discussion about why so early, especially when the AB's have said they wont be doing theres until thursday, i guess is stops any speculation

Latest posts