Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
57.gif
Worcester Warriors 18-23 Northampton Saints
9.gif
[/b]

Woot.

About time too.

Looking forward to the Saracens match, purely because I haven't been able to go to a home fixture in what seems like ages.

Was anyone at Sixways last night?

I was and all through the second half, the poor cavery van in the corer of the stadium just behind the Saint's tryline kept on getting hammered by Rugby balls XD

Steve "big stevie" Thompson was pointing at the Carvery as if to shout "NOOO! THINK OF THE PORK AND CHICKEN!!!!"

It was funny how in the 2nd half, the Saints fans were cheering and celebrating as if they had already won, then Worcester scored to make it 18 - 18 and all the Saints fans went "oo-er." and were quiet until Big Stevie scored his try, at which point, festivities resumed.

I am looking forward to the Sarries match too, hopefully my lovely lads will turn on the magic and dazzle the tigers!

---

25.gif
Bristol Rugby 15-9 Sale Sharks
12.gif

Bristol_Sale_Report(1).jpg

Match Details
Half-Time: 6-6
Att: 10,753
Referee: Davey Sean
Venue: Memorial Stadium
Date: Fri 10 Nov 06

Quick Stats
Tries: 0
Conversion: 0
Penalties: 7
Drop Goals: 1
yellowcard.gif
redcard.gif

Previous Meeting
Bristol 15-9 Sharks
Sharks 31-29 Bristol
Bristol 22-14 Sharks
Shoguns 18-6 Sharks
Sharks 28-14 Shoguns

Bristol have Hill to thank against Sale New Zealand international David Hill kicked five penalties on his home debut for Bristol as the west country side bounced back from defeat at Newcastle with a home win over Sale in the GUINNESS PREMIERSHIP. All the points in the game came from the boot as the Premiership champions slipped to their second league defeat in their last 11 outings, leaving them without a win at the Memorial Stadium since September 2001. Bristol made three changes with David Hill moving to fly-half, Sam Cox returning at inside centre and Joe El Abd at openside flanker, while former Otago Highlander Neil Brew started his first game from the bench.

Sale made seven changes with Chris Bell at centre, Steve Hanley on left wing and Sililo Martens at scrum-half. In the pack Sean Cox and Dean Schofield were in the second row with Nathan Evans and Chris Jones the flankers.

Bristol applied the early pressure but the Sharks defended their line well before giving away what looked a simple penalty in front of the posts after nine minutes. But Hill totally miscued his kick with the ball staying low and going left of the upright.

The Sharks took the lead six minutes later when Martens fed the quick ball from a ruck to his half-back partner Daniel Larrechea who slotted home a 22 metre drop goal but was wide with a second attempt a couple of minutes later.

With the light drizzle continuing to swirl around the ground the visitors increased their lead as Larrechea kicked a 30-metre penalty from the Sale left only for Hill to find his target from 25 metres out.

Bristol wing David Lemi charged down a clearance kick from Sharks skipper Jason Robinson but was held back by the former England international when following up.

After playing advantage Robinson received a lengthy lecture from referee Sean Davey when play was called back and Bristol were awarded a penalty for Hill to level the scores on the half hour.

The visitors were reduced to 14 men when England international Chris Jones, playing at openside flanker, was yellow carded for pulling down a rolling maul 10 metres from his own line. Sharks number eight Sebastien Chabal was lucky not to follow Jones to the sinbin when he kicked the ball away after his side were penalised for standing up in the scrum. From the penalty, on the Sharks 10 metre line, Hill put Bristol into the lead.

Bristol kept battering away at the Sale line but they seemed content to concede penalties with Hill increasing the Bristol advantage from 15 metres out with Larrechea slicing his 40-metre penalty attempt on the hour.

The home supporters continued to show their displeasure at Robinson's earlier misdemeanour every time he had the ball but the booing seemed to have little effect. Hill added a fifth penalty as the game went into the final 10 minutes.

Larrechea sliced a second 40-metre penalty attempt before finding his mark five minutes later.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
The match Saturday should be great, i hope saints are gonna improve drastically over the next few weeks, and we will be in with a good chance of doing very well.

I hate this period more than the six nations, we are going to struggle until we get a few players back. I still think larrachea is a full back and not a no.10. Why do insist on chucking players like courrent when we still don't have an apt no.10 replacement.

BM

What can I say? WE LOVE YER GAFFNEY! WE DO! OOOOHHH GAFFNEY WE LOVE YOU!

An excellent performance by Sarries and away from home too! A definite comeback from the unlikely lads of north london! Really chuffed that Farrell got a try too, he was always menacing against Leicester last week and shook off two tackles this week to nail down a try.

With Richard Hill coming in either next week or just before Christmas, things can only get better. I predict a Heineken Cup place for Sarries! :D

No penetration from Saints out wide, not suprising when a team is missing their 5 key strike runners.

Sarries look a solid outfit, top 6 should be the target.

However, the referee was appalling, hadn't a clue about the most basic laws such as double movements and offside. Where the hell do the RFU get some of these guys from?

I think Saints re gonna be in trouble if they don't sort themselves out.
You're right, referee was terrible. I think i'm gonna get a job as one, i don't have a clue, but then a couldn't do a worse job than soem of them! At least i would actually WATCH the game, which is probably more than can be said for yesterday's ref, who missed evrything!

Im in dream land with Bristol at the moment,it all seems 2 be goin right for Bristol at last.i was at the glos game what a game.Ward Smith for England!!!

Not for the first time, Roy Maybank will not be receiving an Xmas card from me.

Watched him destroy any chance we had against Irish first hand today.

We were poor, but he basically gifted Irish the match from the outset with his incompetence. Both he and his blind touch judge managed to miss Magne stamping on Dylan Hartley's face from all of two yards away.

Interesting how this isn't commented on in any of the match reports.

The man really is an absolute joke.

Finally a win for Bath, good result to have against Newcastle, we played well last week and were unlucky to get some kind of result against Bristol, but well done to Bristol they are living the dream and been playing some fantastic rugby, they also havent really been too badly affected with the Internationals which is always handy... they do deserve to be up there tho...

Why aint magne playing for france?

BM
[/b]

Because he stamps on peoples' heads.

And he's not quite good enough anymore, lost a fair bit of pace.

Has anyone else thourght Irish have been dull this year!?? last season we where the kings of attack in the GP
(not to mention having the best names! topsy ojo!! genius)

we've been poor, despite riki flutey remaining awesome

he'll b able to play 4 england in 2 yrs...watch that space

Round 1

1/2/3 Sep TBC Gloucester Rugby v Bath Rugby Kingsholm

1/2/3 Sep TBC Leicester Tigers v Sale Sharks Welford Road

1/2/3 Sep TBC Northampton Saints v Newcastle Falcons Franklin's Gardens

Sat 2nd Sep 06 14:00 London Irish v NEC Harlequins Twickenham

Sat 2nd Sep 06 15:00 Worcester Warriors v Bristol Rugby Sixways

Sat 2nd Sep 06 16:20 Saracens v London Wasps Twickenham

TiGers Win :)

Round 1

1/2/3 Sep TBC Gloucester Rugby v Bath Rugby Kingsholm

1/2/3 Sep TBC Leicester Tigers v Sale Sharks Welford Road

1/2/3 Sep TBC Northampton Saints v Newcastle Falcons Franklin's Gardens

Sat 2nd Sep 06 14:00 London Irish v NEC Harlequins Twickenham

Sat 2nd Sep 06 15:00 Worcester Warriors v Bristol Rugby Sixways

Sat 2nd Sep 06 16:20 Saracens v London Wasps Twickenham

TiGers Win :)
[/b]

What does this post have to do with anything? You're about 5 months too late.

Saw in person the Worcester vs Wasps game last night. Excellent encounter, Phil Larder really is making an impression on Worcester as they really did neuter Wasps of any attacking prowess. Apart from three breaks, Wasps couldn't really do much with the ball and they really were a bit scared to run at the Worcester defence.

However, the ref really was awful at times, letting the Wasps lineout throw boomerang balls and the Wasps scrum half more do put ins at the scrum so bent that Dale Winton would be interested. Dayglo quite happily chatted to the ref all night too which was annoying. The East Stand at Sixways was quite miffed by the end of the night as we should have been at least 12-3 u by the end of the match if we had taken our penalties properly.

The Warriors were a little timid in attack too, Drahm and the wings really should be shot for not bothering to chase down kicks, didn't matter though in the end as Van Gisbergen's clearance kicks were awful enough to warrant Worcester line outs in Wasps half for most of the game ^^

All in all an excellent game to watch, a game Worcester really should have won.