• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

I reckon he'll stay abroad and declare for Samoa next year (year after?) tbh - he'll walk into that side for the next rwc
Did we ever cap him, or was he one of Eddie's apprentice backs that got a sniff and then got chucked in the bin because he couldn't make a turnover when Cunderhill were defending a ruck in training?

Did we ever cap him, or was he one of Eddie's apprentice backs that got a sniff and then got chucked in the bin because he couldn't make a turnover when Cunderhill were defending a ruck in training?
1 cap off the bench vs USA

The tactics ultimately don't win us anything though. The first big team we faced and they beat us. You can't just kick the ball over and over and not expect it to eventually come back with interest.

On another day , those same tactics could see us loosing by 20 points but they will never have us winning by that because you can't win without the ball. The second half was just a matter of time before the springboks scored and if they had started pollard the score wouldn't have been that close.

For me, if you had a monster set of defenders and a brilliant set piece then you can play that style of rugby as long as you are lethal and accurate in their 22 but we don't and we arn't. So trying to be 'that team' just won't work. If SB continues with this style of rugby we'll be 5 in the 6 nations again as you need balance in the tactics which we haven't shown yet.
This style was perfect for the weather and the fact we were ubderdogs, so not expected to play 'to win'.
Rassie worked it out after 30 mins but was already up against it and it took them the rest of the game to claw it back.

Change the weather to bright sunshine and say playing Wales or Scotland, we would be beaten comfortably still.

SB tactics are not to lose, hopefully he has got that bit right and we can then begin to add an attack plan.

To be honest, that is how SCW got us to world champion.
Tough to beat, scoreboard ticking over, then he added to attack.

I reckon he'll stay abroad and declare for Samoa next year (year after?) tbh - he'll walk into that side for the next rwc

He would prob suit Samoa given his position is one they really lack.

I think he could prob be a decent international, but defence he would need hiding.

Sopoanga is old af
He's only 32 tbf, unless we are talking next WC cycle then yeah i get that.

Samoa are gonna look completely different by the next world cup as this was probably their big shot.

Ala'alatoa will be 36, Faumuina will be 40, Mcfarland 32, Vui 34, Luatua 36, Fritz Lee 39, Lam 36, Sopogaga 36, Leali'ifano 40 and Tuafua 36.

Also who knew McFarland was 28?? thought he was like 23-24 haha

Well you don't get much more experience...welcome on board.

The whole set up will be interesting. I thought he was coming as attack coach but who knows. Clearly he does everything.

I wonder if Gustard is coming as D coach...Wigglesworth as kicking coach and Jones roving alrounder...