• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

I still think Edwards would take it if offered after the RWC even though he signed an extension for France (especially if they win the whole thing) - he seems to genuinely want it, despite them not wanting him
Maybe if Sweeney gets the boot that opens the dialogue

France would bleed us dry though (unless he managed to work in a small print saying he can leave for a tier 1 HC role post rwc...which feels optimistic), and we can't afford any more payouts

I still think Edwards would take it if offered after the RWC even though he signed an extension for France (especially if they win the whole thing) - he seems to genuinely want it, despite them not wanting him
Maybe if Sweeney gets the boot that opens the dialogue

France would bleed us dry though (unless he managed to work in a small print saying he can leave for a tier 1 HC role post rwc...which feels optimistic), and we can't afford any more payouts
Edwards would come post WC, he is a proud Englishman. He would also relish the challenge, not are England poor technically at the minute but I would question the rugby fundamentals such as fitness, aggression and desire.

England don't seem particularly "revved" up for games anymore. Edwards would correct all of those instantly

Yeah but we're stuck with Borthwick because it'd cost multiple millions in severance pay to get rid of the new staff, so gotta think long term I guess

Edwards would come post WC, he is a proud Englishman. He would also relish the challenge, not are England poor technically at the minute but I would question the rugby fundamentals such as fitness, aggression and desire.

England don't seem particularly "revved" up for games anymore. Edwards would correct all of those instantly
Its the power and dynamism at the moment that concerns me.

We have players with pace...but where are our physical powerhouses. We aren't producing them...

Its the power and dynamism at the moment that concerns me.

We have players with pace...but where are our physical powerhouses. We aren't producing them...
I'm dubious about the pace bit too. We have pace however they are on the bench not in the 23 or not in the squad

However for me if your not as fit as other T1 teams and are not as motivated. Pace and power becomes irrelevant

Yeah but we're stuck with Borthwick because it'd cost multiple millions in severance pay to get rid of the new staff, so gotta think long term I guess
He might surprise yet....

I've said before i expected nothing thIs WC...'ll judge him next year after the new squad is announced etc. Maybe that's the Falcon in me used to giving the benefit of the doubt following poor performances.

If he looks to bring some the new talent in...fair dos....if not then I'll be concerned...

He might surprise yet....

I've said before i expected nothing thIs WC...'ll judge him next year after the new squad is announced etc. Maybe that's the Falcon in me used to giving the benefit of the doubt following poor performances.

If he looks to bring some the new talent in...fair dos....if not then I'll be concerned...
But Sb has continued to do stupid things like select BV over our best performing back row and pick the Ford Farrell combo when it was never going to work.

Both things fans knew were wrong but the genius SB didn't.

Billy proved again he's useless and Ford Farrell was binned off after half time as it wasn't working.

Right now I really think SB thinks he knows better but he doesn't. I really wonder what goes on with some coaches as they made decisions that real fans know won't work.

I'm dubious about the pace bit too. We have pace however they are on the bench not in the 23 or not in the squad

However for me if your not as fit as other T1 teams and are not as motivated. Pace and power becomes irrelevant
I think we have pace but many of the young players in the prem weren't quite ready for this.
I'm hoping this season they are ready.

I think half the problem for the pre tournament games is that we weren't fit enough for SBs standards.... this leads to the debate if the prem is a good enough league these days...intense enough. He might have just been blowing smoke up SBs a$$ but even Ben Earl has said he wasnt fit enough to play his game at this level for 80 mins...which is what is needed.

this leads to the debate if the prem is a good enough league these days
I've said it before but I don't think there's any debate to be had tbh, it felt like a poor excuse from SB for our poor performances in the 6N and it looks increasingly poor as the tournament progresses

Theo MacFarland got MOTM today and he plays in the Prem

I think we have pace but many of the young players in the prem weren't quite ready for this.
I'm hoping this season they are ready.

I think half the problem for the pre tournament games is that we weren't fit enough for SBs standards.... this leads to the debate if the prem is a good enough league these days...intense enough. He might have just been blowing smoke up SBs a$$ but even Ben Earl has said he wasnt fit enough to play his game at this level for 80 mins...which is what is needed.
I call BS when he selects Billy and cole.

He's obviously not bothered about fitness.

There are also loads of wingers in the prem tearing up trees and he spends his time on coka who we knew would be sh!te and then the old man may, slow as a snail malins.

Watson and arundell are pure talent but both injury prone. If SB knew what he was doing he'd have had Murley or freeman or any of the other better wings in the squad but he doesn't know what he's doing.

I've said it before but I don't think there's any debate to be had tbh, it felt like a poor excuse from SB for our poor performances in the 6N and it looks increasingly poor as the tournament progresses

Theo MacFarland got MOTM today and he plays in the Prem
And he stands out for Saracens against the England clubs so not really a surprise there is it?

Yeah but by your metrics he should be fat, lazy and not used to physicality because he plays in the Prem

I call BS when he selects Billy and cole.

He's obviously not bothered about fitness.

There are also loads of wingers in the prem tearing up trees and he spends his time on coka who we knew would be sh!te and then the old man may, slow as a snail malins.

Watson and arundell are pure talent but both injury prone. If SB knew what he was doing he'd have had Murley or freeman or any of the other better wings in the squad but he doesn't know what he's doing.
So which tight heads are better than the aging cole? Honestly...

Billy V I cant defend I wouldn't have picked. But Willis isn't ready and Mercer the only other...probably should have been picked but there must have been a reason he wasnt....

I mean I feel like
1. Genge
2. Dan
3. IDK Sinckler
4. Martin
5. Chessum
6. Pearson
7. Curry
8. T.Willis
9. Warr
10. Ford
11. OHC
12. Kelly
13. Lawrence
14. Murley
15. Steward

16. George
17. Rodd
18. Heyes
19. Isiekwe
20. Ludlam
21. Quirke (Whoever)
22. Smith
23. Arundell

Has like an actual good mix of power, pace and skill set to build on.

When he was used correctly by England and Leicester, Steward is an actual hard runner

v NZ at the end

He's an actual decent crash ball option.

My feeling with him is the 21/22 season ****** him and then this season on top has push him over
Pre RWC he was on
32 games (31 starts) 2513 minutes
25 games (24 starts) 1890 minutes
57 games 4403 minutes

Comparison

Ramos
28 games (23 starts) 1845 minutes
28 games (26 starts) 2107 minutes
56 games 3952 minutes

Keenan
24 games (24 starts) 1883 minutes
19 games (19 starts) 1482 minutes
45 games 3365 minutes

Barrett
22 games (17 starts) 1337 minutes
18 games (18 starts) 1335 minutes
40 games 2672 minutes

Considering as well Steward is 22 years old, Keenan 27, Ramos 28, Barrett 32.
He's been criminally mismanaged by England and Leicester IMO (all Borthwick basically)

Also something people need to think of when talking about how Steward isn't international class

So which tight heads are better than the aging cole? Honestly...

Billy V I cant defend I wouldn't have picked. But Willis isn't ready and Mercer the only other...probably should have been picked but there must have been a reason he wasnt....
I'd have played with 14 players before I picked cole.

If fitness was the real issue as SB said, then surely any of the other prem tight heads could have started. The story just doesn't stack up, just more BS and excuses for a man that can't coach and can't select a decent 23. He's way out his depth.

Fair enough..ssck Borthwick now bring in a losd of Foreigners like Scotland and Ireland and all is good....

Latest posts