• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Tonga (06/11)

Interesting choice of official vice captains / leadership group of Curry, Genge and Lawes.

We will probably get away with Furbank at 10 against Tonga. No disrespect to them but I'd be sweating a bit if we were playing Australia or SA tomorrow.

I've had a nagging worry something like this was going to happen leading into the AI's. I was in Cardiff last week for the Wales vs NZ game and you wouldn't think there was a pandemic raging the way people were behaving. When it came to checking the covid passes the staff weren't particularly strict either, it'd have been very easy to get in with a fake one.

We will probably get away with Furbank at 10 against Tonga. No disrespect to them but I'd be sweating a bit if we were playing Australia or SA tomorrow.

i agree, i guess Smith is not fit for a full 80 mins.

Clearly Jones rates Furbank as a playmaker....and its purely for one game and it "shouldnt" be an issue v Tonga.

It will also give us a chance to see just how good his playmaking skills are potentially for the 15 spot.

I know … Dombrandt played 10 when he was younger. Why don't we play him there?

I know its not ideal but surely you pick someone who can 100% play 10,15 or 12/13. So instead of Atkinson, you use Freeman to cover 15/wing or bring Ford/Umaga in who have been with England before surely?

Lo

No idea why you wouldn't have Marchant..,
Well, if Slade has to sit it out as an unvaccinated contact... surely Marchant would be starting.

I suspect Smith might like the idea of having Tuilagi and Marchant standing outside him...
Ford, on the other hand, might be as jealous as my dog gets when I cuddle my wife

How many lads are unvaccinated? I reckon most Exeter lads will be.

This is the big issue, we have no idea who is in what situation. Hell there could be more positive tests to come before the match.

Well, if Slade has to sit it out as an unvaccinated contact... surely Marchant would be starting.

I suspect Smith might like the idea of having Tuilagi and Marchant standing outside him...
Ford, on the other hand, might be as jealous as my dog gets when I cuddle my wife
So its all dogs! My incredibly large Great Dane hates it....

Why oh why wouldn't we bring Ford back in for one game.

And what happens if Furbank goes down in the first 5 minutes, smith would need to play a full 70 then.

If they arnt fit enough for the bench they arnt fit enough at international level.

Our 12 year old Jack Russell just goes and sh*gs her pillow o_O
Guinness used to lie on top of us, and wriggle until she managed to fall between us.
Talisker looks at us with a look that very clearly lets us know that she feels we've betraitored her.
At 9 months old, Beli Mawr is still working out his reaction, but is extremey jealous, and bounces all over us.

Why oh why wouldn't we bring Ford back in for one game.
I don't think they can bring someone from outside the EPS in on such short notice,
Not sure if it would be against the EPS rules, but it would certainly be against international testing rules etc.

Latest posts