• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Fiji 26th August 23

I don't think a Jones led team would have lost that. This is absolutely shocking.

Pleased for Fiji, pleased for Sam Matavesi.

As for the RFU, they might not have the money. Yet given the low turn out, poor handling of the community tackle changes. Players either quitting or clubs failing to get new players. It's going to financially hurt them even more if things don't change.

I still think we have enough to beat those two - both are far off their best
Though Samoa with Leiliiafano at 10 is a concerning prospect
I would normally think so as well, especially japan since they dont really have the beef for this turgid game plan.

Samoa on the other hand, they have some serious beef, and their forwards are far more well drilled that in previous years, their scrum and rolling maul looked better than fijis so that is a toss up for me, should win, could be embarrased again.

Dont see us stopping the points, ever, and dont see us scoring with stewart at FB and no other playmaker. Attack actually did something when smith came on, not a lot but something.

You can't keep SB after a loss to Fiji at a half full Twickers.

The long run is worse than the compensation.

Borthwicks record would be fine if it was obvious there was a plan for fast, dynamic, effective, World leading rugby in the future, whereby you accept you lose some exciting games on the way and lick your wounds.
TBH his record isn't "fine" even if everything but the scoreline was looking rosey.
Played 9, won 3 isn't it?

I'm going to be wary of calling for his head, because I always thought he was the wrong man at the wrong time, so it feels like confirmation bias.
Besides, it's too late now, were committed.
If we continue like this trohugh the RwC though...

Who'd be involved in that if I had to pick potential candidates I could only think Ford, Smith & Care, has to be pretty backs influenced.

Hartley said on the bbc live blog an observation I shared. The players are playing hard they just look like they have no purpose or direction. Only when they get scared of getting embarrassed do they look to play with purpose. But by then it's too late.

If the RFU didn't have a break clause for poor performance in Borthwicks contact, everyone involved in writing that contract should be fired.

They probably should anyway tbh but especially in that case.

Latest posts