• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Fiji 26th August 23

Really struggling to see this side beating argentina. Japan and samoa reall who knows.

Truly would be for the worse of england rugby long term health if they scrap a quarter final and we carry on this path.

Fiji looked great tbf,
Really liked the young 10, can't remember his name but he had a good game especially from the tee
13 and 14 electric, just unplayable when they turned it on
Backrow good and that was without Botia,
Chuck Tuisova into the mix too

This could be a really good RWC for them

A 2007 player revolt is needed but England haven't even nearly got the calibre of men in that squad. I remember the outlook being similarly dire back then and we had men like wilko, Robinson, dallaglio, Shaw and on and on… I see a fearful team with a complete lack of leaders.

Fiji looked great tbf,
Really liked the young 10, can't remember his name but he had a good game especially from the tee

Caleb Muntz

Fiji looked great tbf,

Group C is going to be wild. Portugal will get battered though.

Congratulations Fiji, historic result well done.

I was travelling and trying to listen via radio/Amazon prime but lost signal for most of the second half. From what I could gather England played into Fiji's hands a lot of the game, didn't get the ascendancy in the set peice and didn't have any other ideas.

Historically poor England sides have managed to win these sorts of games but after watching Fiji play France last week I wasn't confident.

Dark day for English rugby.

Borthwicks record would be fine if it was obvious there was a plan for fast, dynamic, effective, World leading rugby in the future, whereby you accept you lose some exciting games on the way and lick your wounds.

This is the absolute polar opposite.

How dare anyone of that leadership group stand there in the camp tonight and pretend things are fine.

Time for loud voices - as SCW said people need to speak up in the war room for honest truths on the premise you leave United when you leave the room.

Staggering new lows for this ponderous bunch of pretenders.

I've been (half) joking about this being as bad as it's ever been for England over the last few weeks but now I'm convinced it's true. Entire game is in disarray and with the likes of Bill Sweeney running the show it ain't getting better any time soon.

I still think we have enough to beat those two - both are far off their best
Though Samoa with Leiliiafano at 10 is a concerning prospect
at this point the embarrassment of a pool exit possibly preferable to a cricket score in knock outs.

Lawes interview incoming 😬
He just sounds depressed,
Defence not good enough, attack not good enough, essentially we're ****
"we are where we are"

I hope there's some anger bubbling under the surface - the squad look apathetic, we need MANIC AGGRESSION

Latest posts