• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6N 2016 - General Chit Chat

Genuinely can't bring myself to read beyond the ***le.
Even if he didn't write it he'd have to read it and OK it to go on HIS OWN WEBSITE.
Jesus Christ.

Go on give it a quick read.

I read the ***le in a Simpson Bob Dole way it helps to make it more of a comedy.

Curry is popular some eat gravy all are weird.

Plenty on vinegar and salt is all you need.

- - - Updated - - -

And as noted previously everything north of Bristol is up north.

Fish and chips need vinegar and gravy, lots of gravy!

David Cameron comes from that great northern constituency of Witney and The north has one of the best and oldest Unis in the world, Oxford :D
I suppose there's a difference of northerners, there's, up north, way up north, you might as well be in Scotland and Scotland.

- - - Updated - - -

Your the sort of person who chooses ready Salted walkers crisps.
Personally I go Kettle or Sensations.

Anyway coming from Leicester I'd thought you'd be quite the crisps connoisseur.

- - - Updated - - -

On the more serious Hartley front...he's fine I'd rather have waited 2 weeks for a leader to emerge but look at this way he could of kept Brad Barritt and named him captain...

Is the state of education in this country that bad?
It says CHIT chat, not CHIP chat
:D

Should ban whoever made that thread ***le.

I was very hungry and the ***le seemed to be misleading me.

At least it wasn't S**t chat I guess. (That happens after the chips).

Curry is popular some eat gravy all are weird.

Plenty on vinegar and salt is all you need.

- - - Updated - - -

And as noted previously everything north of Bristol is up north.
Vinegar, salt, drowned in red and with scraps.

lrn2chippy Southerners.

I blame whoever closed the last England thread.

Haskell is not and never will be England captain material. I'm amazed he manages at Wasps tbh.

I'd guess he was near brain dead if he didn't manage to be such a tool.

Maybe a bit harsh...
I haven't been impressed by Itoje as captain the couple of times he's done it for Sarries, worryingly, though I'm sure it's very much a thing that improves with time.

Last edited:
He's reputedly a good club player.

But I'm struggling to think of a less impressive player to amass 60+ caps.

Maybe a bit harsh...
I haven't been impressed by Itoje as captain the couple of times he's done it for Sarries, worryingly, though I'm sure it's very much a thing that improves with time.
Definitely. A leader needs to know their trade inside out before they sort others out. It takes someone fairly exceptional to be a good leader at a young age.

Last edited:
Agreed, I don't get the massive chubby on for Itoje as captain.

The idea of resting hopes on someone who is still so young is absurd. Just let him progress naturally rather than heap a load of pressure on him so early in his career.

I can't get over how ridiculous this justification for picking Hartley as captain is: "The only risk is to not take a risk"

He's reputedly a good club player.

But I'm struggling to think of a less impressive player to amass 60+ caps.

Not sure about England, but there's dozens of distinctly mediocre players who amassed lots of caps for the Celtic nations who have little depth.

Not sure about England, but there's dozens of distinctly mediocre players who amassed lots of caps for the Celtic nations who have little depth.

Except Wales, they are full of world class players in every single position ;) Literally back in 2013 I met more than a few Welsh people who genuinely claimed over half the Welsh squad were world class with some even THE best in the world, not even joking either.

Ive got a strong feeling it will be LCD'S shirt in a years time and not Georges.

Do I detect a note of PZ&N bias? What areas of LCD's game do you think are better than George's (or will be in a year's time)?

George is way better than LCD.
I know I'm biased, but I'd have Taylor over LCD as well. Hooking, darts and jackling are better. LCD is the better carrier, but I'd rather the basics first.

Last edited:
RFUCoreValues.jpg

Could someone here, preferably an England supporter, explain to me how the selection of Dylan Hartley as captain of England fits in with the RFU's core values, particularly those I have underlined in red!!!

Right this whole Hartley thing seems to have gotten everyone's pants in a bunch. For one thing he's an aggressive horrible little man, which is exactly what you want a front row forward to be. Johnson was an aggressive horrible big man, and would often throw a sly dig, he was just better at getting away with it, something I hope Hartley can learn. In addition Macaw was a cheating git, but again he just managed to get away with it. Imagine if he had been properly penalised throughout his career, he never would have seen the pitch. And lastly there is no one else. Itoje to young an inexperienced
Luanch just isn't the man for the job
Robshaw would be untenable
B young a maybe at a real push
So Hartley is the clear, and only, option.

Sorry spartan but neither Johnson or McCaw ever lowered themselves to eye gouging, biting or headbutting. Hartley has been guilty of all three and in total has spent over a year of career banned from playing the sport.

The reality is there is a lack options and whilst I don't think Hartley is the right one I'm pretty unfussy by it. But to suggest those two player got away with having a disciplinary record like Hartleys is completely untrue.

BBC reported him as the saints captain. They don't even read up on anything or check.

Latest posts