TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Canada vs Scotland
22:00 (BST), 06/07/2024
TD Place Stadium, Ottawa​

Looks like co captaincy is an approach they're sticking with regardless of who is playing. I thought it was just a Russell/Darge thing.

Hope the new caps go well.

1720269961309.png
Canada's team. Really disappointing to see how far they have fallen. I know we've got a lot of young and inexperienced players, but anything resembling a close victory will be bitterly disappointing tonight.

I like the two separate camera angles we've got.

Considering who everyone is playing Scotland fans must be frustrated. Not sure how much you guys will get out of this.

Considering who everyone is playing Scotland fans must be frustrated. Not sure how much you guys will get out of this.
It is frustrating considering our progression over the past few years and I do feel as though we deserve an opportunity for a multi-game tour to one of the big three southern hemisphere sides rather than the infrequent one-off games away to South Africa and Australia we've had in the past. I don't think it's a coincidence that we very rarely have these tours and in the big matches we've had in the World Cup over the past few editions (Ireland 2019 and 2023, South Africa 2023), we have not been competitive. Had we gained invaluable experience playing big sides in hostile atmospheres, I feel as though we could have done better.
However, we have to accept that we will never be as big a financial pull as England, France, Ireland or Wales. There are simply not enough southern hemisphere sides to go around and we will never be the top pick for these tours. I also feel for Italy as they are in the same position as us and the lack of experience playing away to the top sides will undoubtedly stunt development. I do like the fact we consistently play away to Tier 2 opposition and wish more Tier 1 sides would play away in the Pacific or North America as the benefits for the host nation are enormous and, especially in the case of North America, will help to tap in to a market of enormous potential and it is an area World Rugby should be looking more closely at developing rather than short-term gratification from the Middle East.
Aside from that, this has given us an important opportunity to rest key players after a long season and ahead of the 2025 Lions tour and I do like seeing young fringe players being given exposure to the national team as I think, in Scotland's case especially, we have quite shallow depth and one or two injuries in key positions will leave us struggling.

Latest posts