• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Six Nations start ever?

Patchey

First XV
Country Flag
England
The BBC commentators called this weekend the 'best opening weekend in Six nations history' about a million times earlier. Thoughts?

my thoughts on this ? oh why uhmmmmmm....

FUKKKKK NOOOOOOOOOO ?!!!

I cant recall there being any better ones in recent memory. We may have lost but there were 3 great games.

I agree, and not just because England won.

All three games have been good to watch, and would be great for a neutral.
Last 6N was pretty poor imo, this one looks to be making up for it!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

idd, very good weekend of rugby. Looking forward to next weekend.

yeh uhhh...sorry guys, reaaaaaaaaaaaally hard to agree !!...
but of course globally I see what you mean. The quality of the tries hasn't been fantastic though, the only nice one so far is France's second against Italy, concluded by Fall...

What about the Maitland try yesterday? Or Hogg's one for that matter, both examples of break away, running rugby (with some luck thrown in when Hoggs shinned the ball over the line)

The quality of the tries hasn't been fantastic though, the only nice one so far is France's second against Italy, concluded by Fall...

You gotta love patriotic irony.........................!!!

Certainly one of the best weekends of rugby. All the matches had some good tries from both teams, played good rugby, and we had a surprise result on Sunday.

Compare that to last year's opening where France easily beat Italy, England and Scotland played a boring game with the only try a charge down, and Wales beat Ireland thanks to a dubious "tip tackle".

As a non 6 nations watcher, i have actually enjoyed the highlights and plan on watching the games next weekend.

16 tries in the first 3 matches - What more needs to be said.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching all three matches in a 6N weekend so much. Usually at least 1 is a bummer to be honest :lol:

Also all 6 teams looked competitive, great for the tournament.

What about O'Driscoll's masterclass in setting up Zebo. Best piece of skill of the weekend in my opinion.

my bad, my bad. I remember it (well it's right there in your sig lol but anyways). The pass was EXCELLENT, love BOD.
But as far as a whole, collective try; the Fall one is the only one that got my rugby sense pumping inside. But I'd trade it easily a million times for a victory in Rome, my God it's got me so bad, can't smile since the match !...:(

I enjoyed them all to be honest. Often I stay up till 6am in the morning to watch them - and I go to bed wishing I hadn't. I didn't have that feelling this time. Three good matches with all teams endevouring to play some positive rugby.

Without a shadow of a doubt. We've seen opening weekends with drama and tense finishes - that is what the Six Nations is notorious for. You don't know who is going to beat who.

However, this weekend had the above and beautiful running rugby from all 6 teams. Even as I watched Wales crumble to Ireland in the first half, I couldn't help but marvel at the skill of guile of O'Driscoll or Zebo. England v Scotland was probably the most exciting encounter and spectacle I've seen between those two (compare to last year's dire match) and Italy's win against France was the best rugby performance I've ever seen from the Azzuri. I was so pumped watching it, it is up there with one of the best Six Nations matches I've ever seen (France v Wales in 05 takes that cake however). I can't wait for next weekend! Ireland v England is going to be a belter, France v Wales has the makings of an awesome spectacle of running rugby and for once, Scotland v Italy has real potential to put on a great show. Bring it on I say!

I'd have to agree all 3 games were worth watching not something that often happens in the 6N tbh.

Let's hope it just gets better from here... Go Italy :lol: