• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs Wales (06/07/2024)

Is this Griffin's first top level start? Think he's only started in the Prem Cup so far?

Hathaway will be....interesting. He was gopping on defence this season

Is Cory Hill the first player playing semi-pro rugby to play for a tier 1 nation like this millennium?
He's been playing league 4 rugby in Japan

Is Cory Hill the first player playing semi-pro rugby to play for a tier 1 nation like this millennium?
He's been playing league 4 rugby in Japan
**** knows. I would've had Carter on the bench before him. And Screech to be fair. I'd probably have screech from saved by the bell in there before him as well.

Shame as he was a good option for us before he left.

Australia are massive odds on favourites here and while I can understand given we've lost 7 on the bounce, are playing away and haven't won in Australia in donkeys but I fancy us to win this one.

Dont get me wrong, I won't be in the least bit surprise if we lose by 20 points or so but it's an inexperienced team. Gatland is lucky expectations are so low. He says we're just concentrating on performances not results and he expects 2 fiercely competitive games but what happens if we lose relatively comfortably. He can't say oh well, we're in transition etc etc as Oz are in a worth place than us in that regards with 7 debutants and their over sea players missing. Think the pressure will start to build on Gatland if we lose both these game. As I say, though, I think we might win this. Might put some money on it to.

I have no idea what to expect from Aus, especially as I don't watch SR to know how good these youngsters are. 7 debutants is a big ask though, so you'd expect Wales to be in with a shot.

Bench could cost us though, especially tight five replacements!

The Hill selection is a disgrace though. I was concerned a fortnight ago with the Carter/Screech combo, but both put in good shifts I thought. What's their reward, dropped for a player playing 4th devision in Japan who left Wales under a cloud after being linked to smashing up a woman's house! Shows that there's one rule for some with Gats and different for others!

Apparently, to be fair to Gats, he confirmed that Carter was going to at least be on the bench but he picked up a knock. He still should've gone for Screech though so I agree that the Hill selection is a joke.

Wales 5/1. I'm quite surprised how high those odds are.

I've put a fiver on Wales, NZ, SA and France to win and it return £126. Not bad at all.

Watch all those teams lose now.

Wales 5/1. I'm quite surprised how high those odds are.

I've put a fiver on Wales, NZ, SA and France to win and it return £126. Not bad at all.

Watch all those teams lose now.
I think three of those are spot on. The dodgy one to call is Wales vs Aus. I'd be pretty happy with Wales, England and Ireland wins.

I like the set up of this team...

Thomas and Lake will be solid, who knows how Griffin will go, but he is being asked a lot of for a first ever hit out hahahah

The row is mobile as F@@@! Is there enough grunt to make the scrum not get demolished?!

I slaughtered the selection of Screech, but he gave a good account of himself last time out, and I wanted to see that again. Carters taken a knock in training apparently.

Refell needs a big game, as does Plumtree. Wainright will Wainright!

This is a huge opportunity for Thomas, at 10, no expectation, not a goal kicker, but what he can do is get to the line and distribute.

Costelow deserved dropping, and Winnet isnt ready at this level.

Gatland talks about performance and not results but this looks like a team set out to win.

The Aus side is a mixed bag, I worry for our tight 5, back row are going to need to be on point and the Aus back row are their strength. Odd to see Wright as captain.

There are some weapons in that backline, but some of them flawed. Exciting ball in hand not so in defence.

I expect this to be low quality game, lots of mistakes from both sides with the winners 5-10 semi comfortable run outs.

The key battle is up front, if Wales can get parity they can score against a newly assembled defence, is the Aus tight 5 get dominance they will win at a canter. Should be entertaining game, I suspect Aus will win by maybe 10 points, but hope I'm wrong.

Not feeling as confident as I was yesterday, as I said quality but flawed and inexperienced backline for Aus. Is Aus forwards get dominance though that inexperience will serve them well, and they could run riot.

Latest posts