• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Endangers a person's life, other than that of the person committing the action,

Creates a serious risk to the health or safety of the public or a section of the public.
The blocking of the motorway could arguably fall into this tbf, which is why they got such a harsh judgement

Just watched some of the footage of the rioters outside the hotel. I noticed quite a few younger ones were actually laughing as they were breaking into the hotel as if it's all a joke FFS. It's the older ones that seem to be the angry ones. Also half of them seemed to be recording it all on their phones as if they were at a sports event. It's absolutely mental.

I know the police have had a bad press in recent times but it very rarely gets mentioned how brave they have been in trying to deal with this. The vast majority are probably decent people who are civilians themselves when they're off duty and will most likely have families. Quite a few of them have ended up in hospital from trying to keep the public safe. I hope they emerge from all this with a lot of credit and appreciation - just like NHS workers did during COVID.

Notwithstanding the (deserved) bad press, the vast majority of cops still do their best under very trying circumstances. But good news stories or quiet competence don't make headlines.

There are nearly 150,000 officers. Misbehaviour from just a fraction of a % of those is enough to keep the sensationalist headline writers in clover. But if you find yourself in a nasty scrape, you'll be thankful for the guys who will wade in to protect your family without a second thought.

All kicked off in Birmingham last night,
If they don't get a handle on this quickly it's just going to get worse and worse

All kicked off in Birmingham last night,
If they don't get a handle on this quickly it's just going to get worse and worse
How do they a get a handle on it? My understanding is the only way for that to really happen is for the riots to die down.

Notwithstanding the (deserved) bad press, the vast majority of cops still do their best under very trying circumstances.
It should be noted the deserved bad press wasn't just bad press but systemic failures and poor judgement. The met in particular deserve their pretty shocking rep right now.

I agree though most police forces usually do a pretty good job.

How do they a get a handle on it? My understanding is the only way for that to really happen is for the riots to die down.
God only knows, hopefully these mass arrests help
Birmingham last night was barely policed at all (think Sky News said there was one police van and the officers didn't leave it), people were getting pulled out of cars, attacked in pubs etc.

Social Media has just ****** everything, really - the chaos in Birmingham only happened because of fake screen shots about EDL rallies. Whoever circulated those images will have seen how successful it was and will continue to do it

Realistically we need a few days of bad weather and everyone will lose interest like the 2011 riots

Musk responded to starmer saying he would hit tolerate attacks on mosques and Muslim communities by saying "shouldn't you be concerned about attacks on all communities?" What a ****.

He controls one of the largest social media organisations and uses his position to fan the flames.

Musk responded to starmer saying he would hit tolerate attacks on mosques and Muslim communities by saying "shouldn't you be concerned about attacks on all communities?" What a ****.

He controls one of the largest social media organisations and uses his position to fan the flames.
He's forever saying that civil war here is inevitable.
And it feels like he's trying to make a reality, presumably so that he can then say "told ya so" - because he's a child

He's forever saying that civil war here is inevitable.
And it feels like he's trying to make a reality, presumably so that he can then say "told ya so" - because he's a child
He's worse than a child, he goes out of his way to troll and stir **** up. He's a fundamentally unhinged individual.

People often forget he decided to call a brave driver a pedo simply because he didn't use musks stupid offer of trying to use a rocket as a sub to navigate through some narrow underwater caves and pander to musks desire to be worshipped as a hero.

Like trump, he has a constant need to be told how great he is

Like trump, he has a constant need to be told how great he is

The similarities are clear. Both surround themselves with yes people who are too scared challenge them and whenever they come up against an authority with rules or decisions they don't like they throw their toys out of the pram. They are both anti establishment and anti regulation.

It wouldn't surprise me if Musk is preparing the ground for a run at the Presidency after Trump is out of the picture. The Republican party is the obvious route for people like them. He already has a large following of space and Tesla nerds and if he can add Trumpazees to that then he's going to be in a strong position to lead a new cult. The fact he owns X also gives him a considerable advantage.

I think this is part of the wider social media debate / free speech

Not only is he constantly stirring the pot, he actually owns the bloody platform responsible for some of this mess.

I agree Labour need to look at social media but it's not going to be easy when it's a global company owned by citizen of another country who is also a half-wit.

I think this is part of the wider social media debate / free speech

Not only is he constantly stirring the pot, he actually owns the bloody platform responsible for some of this mess.

I agree Labour need to look at social media but it's not going to be easy when it's a global company owned by citizen of another country who is also a half-wit.
Honestly, I have no idea now if what I'm reading is true. Makes me more reliant on the media, though they get it wrong or are biased. Even then the media has reported fake news as true. Literally anyone can make anything up and if it goes viral then people will believe it.

Latest posts