• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Ireland - 09/03/24

See I don't agree with that, I didn't see any improvement outside of one or two set plays (which we'd shown we always were capable of) - but probably a discussion for a different thread/day
Fair enough, can agree to disagree and discuss another time. I just think the rush defense has gotten better and the increased freedom on attack is enough to be hopefull over.

Ireland not at their best today plus hampered by injuries during the match plus perhaps a bit of over-confidence going into the fixture? England at the best they've played in ages (might need to talk about Ford later) and barely scraped by at home with a last second score... wouldn't get carried away by this win.

Still, an obvious improvement should be praised so well done but will this be backed up from hereon? Time will tell. England still not great for generating points from pressure/zone entries, with Smith and Smith at 10 (plus the addition of a suitable backup for Mitchell) things might improve there.

Earl is huge. Very similar to Ardie Savea in terms of explosive carries and power at the breakdown for me and NZ base their attack off him a lot. Rest of the pack stepped up today though as well, won the gainline and breakdown against one of the best back rows in the world.
I haven't been this excited in ages! Earl was brilliant AF

Ireland not at their best today plus hampered by injuries during the match plus perhaps a bit of over-confidence going into the fixture? England at the best they've played in ages (might need to talk about Ford later) and barely scraped by at home with a last second score... wouldn't get carried away by this win.

Still, an obvious improvement should be praised so well done but will this be backed up from hereon? Time will tell. England still not great for generating points from pressure/zone entries, with Smith and Smith at 10 (plus the addition of a suitable backup for Mitchell) things might improve there.
A building team needs one like this. We beat you in 2021 after a shocking 2 years. This should be a launch pad for a route to the top table in the next 12-18 months.

It is just one game, but the team is being built and you can see what they are going for. Just need some consistency with selection and the players getting to know each other better with game time. Hopefully we will start seeing less handling errors.

Hopefully we can build on this victory with a win against France.

Ireland still looking for a quality fly half, points left on the field - there is a definite lack of quality at number 10 throughout the country

Not perfect. But England silences all the naysayers today