• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Ireland vs Scotland (19/03/22)

Good to see Jonny Gray back. Hamish has assumed the mantle of chief tacklebot in Gray's absence and so hopefully this will take a bit of pressure off and give him more time at the breakdown - he and Darge will have their work cut out.

Not sure what Vellacott did wrong last week. He was brought on way too late but looked really sharp when he came on. Toonie tombola strikes again. Pleasantly surprised that Finn hasn't flown back to Paris in the huff after being dropped. Maybe the prospect of a post match St Paddy's sesh in Dublin was too hard to resist.

Yo be honest we should be winning this comfortably.
No real qualms with the selection.
Healy could've been dropped but has proven in past he can play.
Conan for POM is no real big thong. Think POM was better to start as Conan gives impact.
Hansen has been superb and Conway out so no real issues and Henshaw will offer impact.

Yo be honest we should be winning this comfortably.
No real qualms with the selection.
Healy could've been dropped but has proven in past he can play.
Conan for POM is no real big thong. Think POM was better to start as Conan gives impact.
Hansen has been superb and Conway out so no real issues and Henshaw will offer impact.
I reckon losing Ryan is definitely not helping POM, otherwise it's his type of game. Always feel our offensive rucking and general quality of ball goes down about with POM in and Ryan out

Again no logic from Townsend. The game for Kinghorn at 10 was surely Italy? It could set back his development at 10 making his debut in the position here with uninspiring centres outside him in a team with nothing to play for.

Ireland 33 - 9 Scotland

Again no logic from Townsend. The game for Kinghorn at 10 was surely Italy? It could set back his development at 10 making his debut in the position here with uninspiring centres outside him in a team with nothing to play for.

Ireland 33 - 9 Scotland

Kinghorn is unvaccinated and couldn't enter Italy last weekend otherwise he would have played apparently. Perhaps he's a Novak Djokovic fanboy. I agree with the illogical selection otherwise though. Kinghorn isn't known for his kicking and so Toonie has paired a running 10 with a conservative and defensive orientated centre pairing. It's not as if Sam Johnson is a crash ball 12 either. It's also odd that Vellacott gets dropped for not doing a lot wrong. I'll be hiding behind the sofa if Scotland get any kicks at goal.

Kinghorn is unvaccinated and couldn't enter Italy last weekend otherwise he would have played apparently. Perhaps he's a Novak Djokovic fanboy. I agree with the illogical selection otherwise though. Kinghorn isn't known for his kicking and so Toonie has paired a running 10 with a conservative and defensive orientated centre pairing. It's not as if Sam Johnson is a crash ball 12 either. It's also odd that Vellacott gets dropped for not doing a lot wrong. I'll be hiding behind the sofa if Scotland get any kicks at goal.
Ah, that makes a lot more sense if it is Covid related, thanks.

I reckon losing Ryan is definitely not helping POM, otherwise it's his type of game. Always feel our offensive rucking and general quality of ball goes down about with POM in and Ryan out
To be honest think the mentality is Sexton will come off around 65mins and POM will be on there for leadership then to close out.
Leaders like Healy, Henderson, Sexton will all be gone for end you'd imagine

I would guess Hogg may kick from the tee, he takes the restarts after Finn couldn't be trusted to not balls it up.

The 10/12/13 strategy with Scotland has been odd, I think the original plan was to get into a position for a set piece move like Harris against Italy and the rest has been heads up rugby usually led by Price.

The remainder used to lean on a decent defensive set led by Harris but there certainly isn't attacking flair.

Russell and Bennet off the bench might liven things up (for better or for worse)

Behind the sofa as soon as the anthems are over, never mind the kicks at goal.

"The ref says we're good, honest"
1bde8ce533a33fe5.large.png

Leinster/Ireland forwards coaches after getting battered by two props who can't scrummage

'The ref said a few decisions went against us when they shouldn't have' https://the42.ie/5714350

A bit of confirmation that we don't need to suddenly be ******** ourselves about the scrum.

I think the early red card would have been in the ref's mind when he made some of those scrum calls. Maybe it was his way of evening things up a bit so that people didn't accuse him of ruining the game. Ireland came away with the win and England came away with a lot of credit so not too much damage done.

Seems things aren't all good in the Scotland camp.............

That is so dumb given the crazy Covid infection rates up here just now. Given the tournament is over for Scotland I'd have released them all for this final game.