• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs Ireland (12/02/22)

Such a shame. We were pulling defences left, right and all over the place with our patterns in attack. I didn't see the French doing much better than Wales and New Zealand tbh. Different game with Carberry. 10-15 point swing in my book.

Woke up slightly hungover and wanting Johnny so bad.

Missing the GOAT for our biggest clash of ***ans since NZ in 2018 hurts.

I think we'll frustrate France and keep them to a try but just don't see us scoring much. Ringer, Hansen, Doris or Henshaw off the bench will need an iconic moment for us to win this game, we've needed them in the past against worst teams in Saint Denis.

True I hope so also.
When was the last time Ireland won the six Nations? Oh yeh 2018 18 months before the RWC, and oh wait when is this six nations 18 months before the RWC.

cough PEAKED cough
Coming from a lad who's teams can only consistently get a semi at best and never the full ...................................... in a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME.

Please .....................

Man I love this IRN BRU.

Such a shame. We were pulling defences left, right and all over the place with our patterns in attack. I didn't see the French doing much better than Wales and New Zealand tbh. Different game with Carberry. 10-15 point swing in my book.
To be honest I'd disagree.
Yes Sexton is a loss but this game is actually the best type for Joey to come in to and is the best chance to produce.
Sexton adapts to many many styles he comes up against.

Joey would struggle against a Welsh or English team but actually would not surprise me if he is very good against French team.

Yes Sexton is a loss but this game is actually the best type for Joey to come in to and is the best chance to produce.

Joey would struggle against a Welsh or English team but actually would not surprise me if he is very good against French team.
Oooof I think that's a big shout. JC can win and play well tomorrow but we've lost the 2nd or 3rd best outhalf of the pro era (he's the second best Wilko was great and all but Sexilicious wouldn't have needed ET to win that world cup) in a career Renaissance. If Joey's execution is as good as Sexmachine's tomorrow he'll have had a very good game but he is quite literally not capable of the level of decision making Sexgod brings.

We've lost at least 7 points with Sexicon out, I actually don't think it's debatable.

Not a criticism on JC at all, at his best he can be in the top half of 6n 10s which is no small feat right now.

Oooof I think that's a big shout. JC can win and play well tomorrow but we've lost the 2nd or 3rd best outhalf of the pro era (he's the second best Wilko was great and all but Sexilicious wouldn't have needed ET to win that world cup) in a career Renaissance. If Joey's execution is as good as Sexmachine's tomorrow he'll have had a very good game but he is quite literally not capable of the level of decision making Sexgod brings.

We've lost at least 7 points with Sexicon out, I actually don't think it's debatable.

Not a criticism on JC at all, at his best he can be in the top half of 6n 10s which is no small feat right now.
Think you misunderstood me. Yes JS is a loss. No doubt.
Think Joey has enough in his style to get result vs French.
Noone is saying he the new JS or closing in on him etc.

What in the French style do you think suits Carbery?

For me the French are going to have manic speed off the line tomorrow. They are looking to make a statement against us and the way you make a statement against Ireland is you smash them in the collisions. The English have shown the world how it's done in the last few years and be sure Edwards was paying attention.

Carbery doesn't excel when he's faced with that. Sure he looked hurried and flustered against a relatively passive Welsh defence. He crabbed across field and we lost all shape in attack because of him. Now i'm sure he's drilling like crazy this week to prepare but...

Woke up slightly hungover and wanting Johnny so bad.

Missing the GOAT for our biggest clash of ***ans since NZ in 2018 hurts.

I think we'll frustrate France and keep them to a try but just don't see us scoring much. Ringer, Hansen, Doris or Henshaw off the bench will need an iconic moment for us to win this game, we've needed them in the past against worst teams in Saint Denis.
Your first line made a very disturbing mental image

What in the French style do you think suits Carbery?

For me the French are going to have manic speed off the line tomorrow. They are looking to make a statement against us and the way you make a statement against Ireland is you smash them in the collisions. The English have shown the world how it's done in the last few years and be sure Edwards was paying attention.

Carbery doesn't excel when he's faced with that. Sure he looked hurried and flustered against a relatively passive Welsh defence. He crabbed across field and we lost all shape in attack because of him. Now i'm sure he's drilling like crazy this week to prepare but...
Quite the opposite. Not sure if you pay attention to Munster games but Carbery stats against lines that step up is excellent. He is very good at stepping and keeping ball alive in them situations. Yes it a step up doing it at international but he's proven he can do it against blitz style.
Alot seem to base views on 1 game when the game was over and all changes were always going to mean it is messy.
Watching French last week then I stick by Joey style can do job tomorrow

Should be game of the tournament given their current standings.
Hard to call, but the loss of JS and home advantage just shades it for France for me.

Going to be watching Carbery's detail on the loops with interest. It's a bit of a meme but it's something Sexton is so good at. He hides on the inside shoulder of the ball carrier and stays square meaning there's always doubt in the defender's mind and that they'll only see him late. With or pack now all being a threat to carry or pass (which is made more difficult when the first receiver starts inside you) you can see why it's become an even more potent weapon for us.

Joey meanwhile just telegraphs it a bit more. He tries to get outside early and tends to crap a bit. Presumably it's because he wants to get on the outside shoulder and use his running threat more. Kind of like you would expect from a 15...but when a defender sees him doing that they can shoot early, which is why he often seems to have so little time on the ball. He has gotten a bit better at hiding on the inside hip recently but doesn't do it with enough consistency for me. Ironically if he does it more he mind find himself with more room to run, as we've seen with Sexton making a load of half breaks recently and it will also create more space out wide putting less playmaking responsibility directly on him.

I know this seems like a really small think and easily coachable. But from experience it does make a difference and it is quite difficult to ingrain in a player for a few different reasons. I also know from being coached by Sexton's brother that it is a detail they consider massively important for successfully running a system around the loop and having all those options.

Works fine for me...except asking to pair my TV again this week.
I'm watching on laptop, via VPN from Kuwait. However, out of every streaming service I use, ITV is easily the worst.

So i maybe behind others but Bigger just went for the drop goal infront of the posts with a man advantage and pen advantage in the centre of the field. Anyone else think it was a stupid option given guarenteed 3 was available if he chanced say a crossfield wide then kicked the pen if not...

Latest posts