• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs Ireland (12/02/22)

Damn I wanted a GS.

Potentially a blessing in disguise with a long term view. No excuses for Carbery, basically a full strength team, he's been with the squad and has had a few days warning. Similar for Carty.

For posterity here is the squad:

1644492654040.png

In all seriousness, I am not freaking out that much. Still a super squad and we will see what Carbery is made of. Should have an answer either way. I do think the way we play now puts moreof the decision making and playmaking responsibility in the hands of our centres. I am still cautiously optimistic.

I think this would be one of the greatest wins in Irish history of it's pulled off. I just don't see it though. Sexton is the best game manager of all time and an extremely vocal presence by all accounts, we lose so much purely from having him telling lads what to do, nevermind his passing and kicking being more accurate, decisive and faster than Joey.

We're moving away from the reliance on our 10 which has been a bit of a curse for Irish rugby but we're not there yet. At least this will be a massive learning opportunity at a valuable time.

Honestly Carberry could've been a top 10, if he hadn't dropped a level to get more game time
Big talk from a club that can't even hold on to George Ford, Europe's 34th best outhalf. Maybe you can steal another outhalf away from the Japanese second division to compete with the less athletic Burns brother!

Big talk from a club that can't even hold on to George Ford, Europe's 34th best outhalf. Maybe you can steal another outhalf away from the Japanese second division to compete with the less athletic Burns brother!
LeinstecestershireMan's taxi just arrived:

Coffin Dancing GIF

Carbery is an excellent player but you can't deny what a huge miss Sexton is for Ireland. I think Carbery will be able to execute the game-plan without any problems but it's the leadership that Sexton brings that will be badly missed. JS has delivered so often in clutch moments down the years and his communication and game-management is world-class. Carbery definitely has the talent but it's a tough gig when he hasn't started many times for Ireland recently. Will be a huge test for him.

I've been out of the loop a bit. Do Ireland once again have a hooker who is of a good ahtletic age AND can actually throw lineout ball with any degree of consistent accuracy?

Latest posts