• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Scotland vs Italy (20/03/2021)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1615974188271.png

Based on their recent performances Scotland should win comfortably. Slightly concerned by our 10 situation, and you wouldn't back our 9 or 12 to help steer them through. I wonder if Italy will continue to benefit from the mercy rules refereeing - grounded or not, I don't think that Adams try gets disallowed vs any other team.

I'm afraid Italy have looked well off the pace this year so I can't see anything but a very comfortable win for Scotland. Scotland 35 Italy 14.

Based on their recent performances Scotland should win comfortably. Slightly concerned by our 10 situation, and you wouldn't back our 9 or 12 to help steer them through. I wonder if Italy will continue to benefit from the mercy rules refereeing - grounded or not, I don't think that Adams try gets disallowed vs any other team.
That Henderson non try is easily one of the worst decisions I have ever seen in a pro rugby game. Kind of got looked over due to the contentious Wales v England decision.
it shows you how bad Italy have been this 6 nations that even 40 point win doesn't really tell you anything. Only question is how many tries can Scotland rack up?

That Henderson non try is easily one of the worst decisions I have ever seen in a pro rugby game. Kind of got looked over due to the contentious Wales v England decision.
it shows you how bad Italy have been this 6 nations that even 40 point win doesn't really tell you anything. Only question is how many tries can Scotland rack up?
Genuinely couldnt believe my eyes, that the TMO actually looked at it. I mean if he hadnt it'd be easy to say ref missed it, but flip me, would love to know his reasoning in post match review

Hogg at 10! Steele finally gets a chance to play 9, and looks like Turner may be taking the blame for the lineout fiasco.

Scotland: Maitland; Graham; Jones, Johnson; Van der Merwe; Hogg, Steele; Sutherland, Cherry, Z Fagerson; Skinner, Gilchrist, Ritchie, Watson, M Fagerson.

Replacements: Turner, Bhatti, Berghan, Craig, Haining, Price, Van der Walt, Harris.

Hogg at 10! Steele finally gets a chance to play 9, and looks like Turner may be taking the blame for the lineout fiasco.

Scotland: Maitland; Graham; Jones, Johnson; Van der Merwe; Hogg, Steele; Sutherland, Cherry, Z Fagerson; Skinner, Gilchrist, Ritchie, Watson, M Fagerson.

Replacements: Turner, Bhatti, Berghan, Craig, Haining, Price, Van der Walt, Harris.
Hogg at 10 is interesting. I think it'll be the type of experience that makes him a better player, adding that playmaking role to his already admirable skillset

He does pop up at first receiver a lot, hence all the clamour for it, though I'm less convinced if he's the primary option. Will be an interesting test of how far Italy have sunk, they really should be able to keep this tight.

Hogg at 10? Very unconvinced thats a sensible choice. Can we have a rematch with that team?

He does pop up at first receiver a lot, hence all the clamour for it, though I'm less convinced if he's the primary option. Will be an interesting test of how far Italy have sunk, they really should be able to keep this tight.
He does play the second playmaker for Scotland quite a bit, using the second pod of forwards as a decoy when he's second receiver and taking the outside arc is when he's at his best, but running the show is a whole other ball game. He's no Finn Russell but he'll do okay, you're just missing out a little on what he can do on the outside. I do love watching Darcy Graham play mind, that will be fun, and Huw Jones, well his running ability is just great to see. Nice to se him back in a Scotland shirt

He does play the second playmaker for Scotland quite a bit, using the second pod of forwards as a decoy when he's second receiver and taking the outside arc is when he's at his best, but running the show is a whole other ball game. He's no Finn Russell but he'll do okay, you're just missing out a little on what he can do on the outside. I do love watching Darcy Graham play mind, that will be fun, and Huw Jones, well his running ability is just great to see. Nice to se him back in a Scotland shirt

Yep, not a team short of runners!

Supposedly he's been decent for Quins this season, but I've done a Sir Clive and barely watched him. Was with Irish for a while and looked pretty average. Shame George Horne is injured, he's fun to watch for Glasgow and would fit the vibe of this backline.

True that. Whats this new 9 like? I havent heard much about him?
Also Hogg> Biggar at fly half
Been very good for Quins - notably better than when at Irish. He's keeping an 84 cap international out of the 23 and Quins don't seem to drop when he comes on for Care (who is arguably the form 9 in the prem rn).

A very good player all in all

Been very good for Quins - notably better than when at Irish. He's keeping an 84 cap international out of the 23 and Quins don't seem to drop when he comes on for Care (who is arguably the form 9 in the prem rn).

A very good player all in all
What style of scrummie is he? A sniping guy, or more of a quick pass player? I'd doubt he'd fit the Laidlaw mould for this Scotland team

What style of scrummie is he? A sniping guy, or more of a quick pass player? I'd doubt he'd fit the Laidlaw mould for this Scotland team
Sniping but also capable of consistently quick ball - very much in that Care mould. Yeah nothing like Laidlaw at all.

The combination of him, price and Velacott could be a fantastic trio of scrum halves for scotland

Could just be my pessimism, but I don't think this will be a walkover

Latest posts