• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 6: South Africa v New Zealand (06/10/2018)

I don't get this cruden love. He was never that good and always behind carter in every aspect of the game.
Carter had better longer kicks, was more creative, better kicking percentage and controlled and read the game way better. And finally and ultimately carter could tackle.

Watch the game again and Barrett played well. Found some awesome touch finders that got us out of gaol. Plus Barrett's d was 100% as well as his kicks at goal.
Barrett wasn't the problem out there.
Mounga is an awesome player and will one day be one of the greats. Beauden is great now.

A lot our issues in this game wasn't ABs playing bad it was because the boks were awesome. Show some respect to the boks as they forced us into errors and didn't let us have our way. We need to lose our arrogance that we should win everything at a trot.

Aye? course Crudes was behind Carter mate, but Cruden could control a game and his decision make was immpecable, he was iffy from the tee occastionally, but could handle pressure and when space was tight, set the attack and defence very well, intelligent player

im talking about missing him post-Carter

One thing about the Boks is that a lot of their players are young and will still be around in 2023. Not only will they be contenders for 2019 they may be even better in 2023.

their talent pool was always too good to really fade into obsecurity and the interest in the game there isn't waning like in aussie, was only a matter of time before they start to find their feet again

No disrespect to cruden. He was a soldier who loyally gave his all for the ABs and always delivered when we needed him.

I don't get this cruden love. He was never that good and always behind carter in every aspect of the game.
Carter had better longer kicks, was more creative, better kicking percentage and controlled and read the game way better. And finally and ultimately carter could tackle.

I thought Cruden really stepped up and covered for Carter between 2011 RWC and RWC 2015, when Carter was either injured himself or on sabbatical, especially in that unbeaten year in 2013. I think I read a stat that the ABs never lost when he started a game at fly half. He was unlucky to get injured in that RWC final in 2011 and getting injured and not making the 2015 winning squad.

Must say I was really impressed with how much South African ABs supporters were in the crowd. When the final kick went over and the crowd cheered it was deafening.

Just like when ABs play in Soweto

Not being as good as Carter - the best fly half ever - hardly makes you a bad player. All those criticisms of Cruden count for Barrett as well. Barrett still looks like he would make a better fullback than 10, IMO.

Oh, and Cruden never had the off days that Barrett has. Perhaps he never had the extra special days either, but he was more consistent.

Holy Snappin' Duckshit

Two matches, 66 points each, both margins only 2 points.

Both games down to the wire, both could have gone either way in the last seconds - could have been 2-0 or 0-2

Jeez, rugby can be a great game sometimes!
Number one! Number OONNEE!!! the truth is were number one.

Not being as good as Carter - the best fly half ever - hardly makes you a bad player. All those criticisms of Cruden count for Barrett as well. Barrett still looks like he would make a better fullback than 10, IMO.

Oh, and Cruden never had the off days that Barrett has. Perhaps he never had the extra special days either, but he was more consistent.
The extra special days have really only come against the Wallabies, which frankly should count for very little since the Wallabies currently have the tackling ability of intoxicated toddlers.

The extra special days have really only come against the Wallabies, which frankly should count for very little since the Wallabies currently have the tackling ability of intoxicated toddlers.
Love the analogy but lets not exaggerate here. The Wallabies losing to us doesn't mean that can't tackle, it just means we're too good (I'm seriously not trying to be cocky right now). You don't make the last world cup final because you can't tackle.

Actually Australians are very well known for being cocky. So many cricketing nations would agree that you guys are the worst. Anyway, love beating you guys :)
I was specifically referring to you and your trolling, not Kiwis in general.

Kiwis are pretty alright, heading over to Wellington next week, in fact.

Love the analogy but lets not exaggerate here. The Wallabies losing to us doesn't mean that can't tackle, it just means we're too good (I'm seriously not trying to be cocky right now). You don't make the last world cup final because you can't tackle.
Watch the first half of the last Argentina test and tell me what you think.

I CBF looking up stats but i'm 100% sure we missed the most tackles both in number and percentage during the RC by a long way.

Kiwis are pretty alright, heading over to Wellington next week, in fact.

Wow what an honor for the people of Wellington! I hope no one shatters your perception of all New Zealanders being "pretty alright".
I remember going to Australia and finding the average Aussie to be good banter despite your sportsmen and media being the biggest shower of pr!cks on earth. Funny old world we live in, safe travels mate.

Wow what an honor for the people of Wellington! I hope no one shatters your perception of all New Zealanders being "pretty alright".
I remember going to Australia and finding the average Aussie to be good banter despite your sportsmen and media being the biggest shower of pr!cks on earth. Funny old world we live in, safe travels mate.
Geez, bit rough considering you have Chris Rattue churning out articles for you.

Latest posts