• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 6: South Africa v New Zealand (06/10/2018)

Watch the first half of the last Argentina test and tell me what you think.

I CBF looking up stats but i'm 100% sure we missed the most tackles both in number and percentage during the RC by a long way.
Yeah well, we dropped off a few Pumas as well. I know the first half was horrific but its because it was unusual from the Wallabies. Key word and positive there is 'unusual'.

Speaking of stats - we won most of the the stats against the Boks in Wellington and lost. The Boks won most of the stats in Loftus and lost. Stats and scoreboards don't always connect.

Personally, I would support the Pumas. But ever since me and Cruzs lovely tea chat, I've never felt more strongly in my support of the Wallabies. I was watching that first half ****** off again. And I say again because I just finished watching us lose for 70 minutes. So you can imagine my delight after watching two come back games. I was wrapt and I couldn't wait to read what my tea party buddy had to say. How ironic it was about the ref...

Oh beautiful, just beautiful. Thank you Hooper and the Wallabies :)

Geez, bit rough considering you have Chris Rattue churning out articles for you.

You're not wrong!
Sorry I was just being snappy after a few beers. I don't contribute much to this forum but I find reading it frustrating when people generalise whole countries of people. It doesn't help when some of the kiwis on here are out of their minds!
BTW Chris Rattue doesn't represent anyone other than add revenue for the NZ Herald.

Im much more optimistic for the future now, yes the game on Saturday caused an early night as the planned party went out of the proverbial window but was still very proud of the Springboks against a great NZ side.
Was surprised to see how well NZ did with both Mounga and Barret.

Now for the NH tours i would like Rassie to start trying out some of the NH based players along with some young SA talent.
Guys i would like to see supplement our current on form team would be:
Cobus Reinach (Faf wil be unavailable)
Lambie (Still injured?)
Marcell Coetzee
Frans Steyn
Bismarck du Plessis
Jan Serfontein
Johan Goosen (If recovered in time)
Arno Botha
Jean-Luc and Dan du Preez
Thomas du Toit
Coenie Oosthuizen
Gelant

Yes i know most of these guys are Sharks or former Sharks but thats not why i picked them its because they have undoubted individual quality and for almost every case i can make a good argument why they have enough quality to at least be in the 23.

Number one! Number OONNEE!!! the truth is were number one.

Seriously? There is no need to be a prick about it. You have been number 1 for the past few years, it's not something new or oblivious to the planet earth. Way to stay humble...

Anyways, back to the game.

What a test match, and congrats AB's. I now know how you guys feel after that Pat Lambie penalty a few years ago...

Gutted that we lost, but as I said, this will be a very close game, and indeed it was.

I think we will be taking more out of this game than the AB's though. To go from where we were last year, to what we did this year, is one massive step up. Rassie also stated that it will take our guys about 8-10 matches to get used to the new structures in place, and we are now at test no. 9. And I can honestly say that the structures are certainly starting to show their effectiveness.

For once our subs let us down, and perhaps this was eventually what was going to happen. Poor old Faf De Klerk must be smashed right now. Prior to this game, he played every minute of every match in the RC this year, so I get why was subbed, not that Papier really had much to do. I don't understand why Etzebeth, Marx, and Kitshoff was subbed though. But then again our subs have been terrific when they came on all year.

Very sorry to hear about Sam Cane and his broken neck, hope his operation is a success and that he'll be back very soon!

I thought Angus Gardner had a good game, but I think he missed some things. I think for one, Scott Barritt should be very lucky he didn't get carded. But Mr. Gardner also became a bit more lenient towards him as the match progressed. One thing that is bothering me though is Aaron Smith's try and Cheslin Kolbe's try.

It seemed to me that Taylor's pass to Smith went forward, and in Kolbe's instance, I can't see the ball touching the line by any of the replays. But I guess, you could argue that they cancel each other out, even though we all know that its not the case at all.

I'm very interested to see what's going to happen for the EOYT with this bok team. This RC has been one of the better ones. Certainly from a South African perspective.

can we pick Matt Todd for the EotYT with Cane out with a neck fracture? i heard he will be available for the aussie game, but we will need him vs Ireland & Eng. or I guess Whitelock will be in? prefer Whitelock at 8 though

Seriously? There is no need to be a prick about it. You have been number 1 for the past few years, it's not something new or oblivious to the planet earth. Way to stay humble...

Anyways, back to the game.

What a test match, and congrats AB's. I now know how you guys feel after that Pat Lambie penalty a few years ago...

Gutted that we lost, but as I said, this will be a very close game, and indeed it was.

I think we will be taking more out of this game than the AB's though. To go from where we were last year, to what we did this year, is one massive step up. Rassie also stated that it will take our guys about 8-10 matches to get used to the new structures in place, and we are now at test no. 9. And I can honestly say that the structures are certainly starting to show their effectiveness.

For once our subs let us down, and perhaps this was eventually what was going to happen. Poor old Faf De Klerk must be smashed right now. Prior to this game, he played every minute of every match in the RC this year, so I get why was subbed, not that Papier really had much to do. I don't understand why Etzebeth, Marx, and Kitshoff was subbed though. But then again our subs have been terrific when they came on all year.

Very sorry to hear about Sam Cane and his broken neck, hope his operation is a success and that he'll be back very soon!

I thought Angus Gardner had a good game, but I think he missed some things. I think for one, Scott Barritt should be very lucky he didn't get carded. But Mr. Gardner also became a bit more lenient towards him as the match progressed. One thing that is bothering me though is Aaron Smith's try and Cheslin Kolbe's try.

It seemed to me that Taylor's pass to Smith went forward, and in Kolbe's instance, I can't see the ball touching the line by any of the replays. But I guess, you could argue that they cancel each other out, even though we all know that its not the case at all.

I'm very interested to see what's going to happen for the EOYT with this bok team. This RC has been one of the better ones. Certainly from a South African perspective.
Oh chill out. I forgot you could insult others. Im happy, youre unhappy, so youre the prick lol.

being humble and rational are important qualities, gloating isn't the way mate
Yeah fair enough. No gloating on the forum people but you can insult.

Yeah Gardner missed some stuff for us too so the Boks got away with some stuff to be fair. At least he wasnt as bad as Raynal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah fair enough. No gloating on the forum people but you can insult.

to be fair he didn't insult u directly, he just said the way you were gloating was being a prick about winning, i'd feel the same if someone was doing that to us, its not good behaviour after such a great hard fought test match played in good spirit

to be fair he didn't insult u directly, he just said the way you were gloating was being a prick about winning, i'd feel the same if someone was doing that to us, its not good behaviour after such a great hard fought test match played in good spirit
Yeah but I never posted that 'were number one' to him. That was to a fella kiwi. You have the right to gloat like Muhammad Ali. Its not insulting anyone.

Also if someome said the truth, Id just say 'yep true that, good on ya'. I wouldnt hate.

Last edited by a moderator:
upto you bro, but it always pays to be mindful of others
Yeah everyones different. If the Boks just won the world cup and they came on here to share their joy of the game and said 'were number one', I would reply 'good on...well done...yous played good' etc etc.

I just don't have the hate or anger when reading someones post. I guess that makes me a prick.

Oh chill out. I forgot you could insult others. Im happy, youre unhappy, so youre the prick lol.

Seems like you have a bit of an issue with regards to insults on this forum. My suggestion would be, don't say things that might make others want to say insulting things back at you. This is a give and take area, so if you say something disrespectful or insulting, expect some backlash, and if you can't take it, then don't say it. Everyone is entitled to say emotional things which could lead to insults. Just don't break forum rules when you do say it.

Also, and this counts for everyone, please stop double or triple posting in the threads, you will get warned and might lead to a temporary ban.

Seems like you have a bit of an issue with regards to insults on this forum. My suggestion would be, don't say things that might make others want to say insulting things back at you. This is a give and take area, so if you say something disrespectful or insulting, expect some backlash, and if you can't take it, then don't say it. Everyone is entitled to say emotional things which could lead to insults. Just don't break forum rules when you do say it.

Also, and this counts for everyone, please stop double or triple posting in the threads, you will get warned and might lead to a temporary ban.
Fair enough.

I don't use insults unless someone else draws first blood. I don't like doing it though because it kills communication.

the other thing about that sort of banter is it disintigrates the dialouge between fans into just nasty verbals, instead of quality analysis, it's good to keep it to a minimal imo, so good quality, informative posts & opinions can be heard

Based off what we've seen from the last 2 Bok and All Black games, the Boks should continue to go up in terms of improvement which is scary for everyone else. Both teams IMO should go through their EOYT undefeated. Easier said then done but if it happened, I wouldn't be surprised. I honestly would not experience any surprise.

can we pick Matt Todd for the EotYT with Cane out with a neck fracture? i heard he will be available for the aussie game, but we will need him vs Ireland & Eng. or I guess Whitelock will be in? prefer Whitelock at 8 though
He'll most likely get the nod because we've lost a ball winner in those rucks with Sam Cane. I don't think Todd is as physical as Cane but he's good in those rucks.

I don't like Whitelock. He's ok IMO but we have a lot of no.8s thats better than ok.

Interesting point by Mallet about ABs cleaning past the ball in the ruck to create quick ball for those last two tries, as opposed to SA who cleaned over the ball. A similar point made by 'Geech in the past about the ABs at ruck time.

England, Scotland, Wales for the Boks.

real tough call the England game - England won the last test match in SA, so i dunno if they are improving or not

they'll beat Wales im pretty sure

Scotland could win, they're dangerous at Murryfield, we nearly lost there last year

for me SA still seem kinda inconsistent, i think like most teams they raised their game us, they had some bad performances/results this season like the Aus match and the Argentina game, so i still think on their bad day they can lose to Scotland and to a lesser extent Wales aye

Latest posts