• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] SF2: Lions vs. Hurricanes (29/07/2017)

Dogshit competition. Feels cheap and tacky these days. It's turning our national teams into softies. Aussie are beyond lost now and S.A. need to cheat and rig the competition to get results.

These are facts. I hope more fans protest the **** they are expecting us to watch.

Wow. Just wow.

I tend to keep my opinions fairly neutral, despite my love of rugby and recognition that we're all emotional creatures, but I'll offer one here.

I was as surprised as most were when the Lions mounted that comeback and yes, some of the calls were questionable, but your accusation of cheating and a "stitch up" smacks of being a poor loser. I backed the Hurricanes to win the game based upon what I'd seen throughout the tournament: an agile pack, quick ball from TJ and an awesome back line. But they didn't turn up, pure and simple. Whether they were tired/jet-lagged is irrelevant; the Lions outplayed them and we shouldn't be debating a couple of questionable refereeing calls. They should have put the game to bed in the first half by not squandering numerous opportunities.

I'm not trolling. Your officials are a bunch of bias cheats. But corruption and crap quality is rampant and rife in your awful mess of a country and society anyway. So it's to be expected.

You really are a nasty piece of work. You've gone from debating the fairness of refereeing decisions to slandering the moral and ethical balance of the entire South African nation. I'm offended by that and am saddened by your narrow, blinkered view.

NZ teams have been guilty of doing this (throwing the ball around like 10 year olds) because of the crap quality of opposition we have been facing. We are losing the ability to execute clinically because of it too. We have seen it's now affecting the All Blacks.

It's definitely a concern.
Or is the opposition getting more canny? Improving? Is it possible that in our lifetime we will see another nation dominate world rugby? Is that where we are heading?

Though not the better of the two teams perhaps, the recent BI Lions tour showed just how much the game has improved in Britain over previous lions tour washouts against the blacks. Think it surprised many that the ABS most comfortable win was in the first test. That the lions were able to pick up their game and - regardless of result, and refereeing errors - have two very tight games in the last 2 tests. It was a great tour, and provided some of the most intense rugby I have seen for a while.

Going to be interesting to see which of the British nations turn up at the next World Cup, and test both ABs and boks.

Last edited:
I'm not trolling. Your officials are a bunch of bias cheats. But corruption and crap quality is rampant and rife in your awful mess of a country and society anyway. So it's to be expected.
GWW - I enjoyed reading your posts in the recent BI Lions tour, but you need to reign this sort of thing in mate. Think we can agree there is a problem with the super rugby format. Peyper was poor for both sides was my lasting opinion. Check out the canes 3rd try. Hoping you are just still smarting from the defeat, which is understandable, but also that you are better than this sort of comment.

Looking at the Hurricanes third try I think Peyper was right again. The Lion in possession hadn't gone to ground and released the ball backwards. So to my limited understanding there was no ruck formed and therefore no possibility of offside.

He also starts to say "play on" just before Cronje has the ball stripped from him.

crazy game, the lions were better than I expected them to be. Well done.

The yellow card was ridiculous and did have a huge impact on the game.

But IMO the biggest thing is home advantage, travel and altitude are massive. in particular for semi finals and finals where for the canes you also have to travel the week before for the quarter final.

Looking at the Hurricanes third try I think Peyper was right again. The Lion in possession hadn't gone to ground and released the ball backwards. So to my limited understanding there was no ruck formed and therefore no possibility of offside.

He also starts to say "play on" just before Cronje has the ball stripped from him.
I see it differently; there was a tackle and the Lions player hits the deck with a Lions player in support forming a ruck. His whole body needn't be prone. At that stage 5 yellow needs to retreat to behind the ruck. The issue is (and I have respect fr refs here) near instantaneously the ball comes out to behind Ackermann's feet which means it is out and all on side Hurricanes players can have a go which IMO (as we are just speculating here) is why Peyper calls "play on" (the timing on the call is also a better fit) BUT Peyper neglects to note that yellow 5 never retreated. Like I said, just speculation.

GWW - I enjoyed reading your posts in the recent BI Lions tour, but you need to reign this sort of thing in mate. Think we can agree there is a problem with the super rugby format. Peyper was poor for both sides was my lasting opinion. Check out the canes 3rd try. Hoping you are just still smarting from the defeat, which is understandable, but also that you are better than this sort of comment.

Just telling it how it is mate. Speaking my mind truthfully unlike a lot of folk here.

The officiating in S.A. is bias and crap. But that's run of the mill in their country.

crazy game, the lions were better than I expected them to be. Well done.

The yellow card was ridiculous and did have a huge impact on the game.

But IMO the biggest thing is home advantage, travel and altitude are massive. in particular for semi finals and finals where for the canes you also have to travel the week before for the quarter final.
No denying the last comment. Canes were sucking big air on 20 minutes. Comprehensively beaten all the same.

Dogshit competition. Feels cheap and tacky these days. It's turning our national teams into softies. Aussie are beyond lost now and S.A. need to cheat and rig the competition to get results.

These are facts. I hope more fans protest the **** they are expecting us to watch.

? How did they cheat? I'm confused.

Latest posts