• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] SF2: Lions vs. Hurricanes (29/07/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

Lions.png
yVAZL2m.jpg

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 14:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Last year I'd have picked the Lions. This years I'm going for the Canes.

Strangely, I'd pick the Lions to lose to the Chiefs but nullify the Crusaders pack (a la the BILs) and squeeze past them.

Traveling now becomes an issue...

1st Canberra now SA...

I don't know if the boys will have gas in the tank, but i still need to back them...

if they do they will have a home final against the Chiefs atleast :) by that time they might be running on empty already... the sharks had the same amount of travel time when they faced the chiefs in the final in 2012 i think and the chiefs ran all over then in that final...

I don't know if the boys will have gas in the tank, but i still need to back them...
real hard road for the canes, but then so it should be. getting a 2peat shouldnt be easy.
if canes take this then they will have thoroughly deserved it.
i feel we have the talent and cajones to do it. just have to see whether we have big enough engines and who can dig deepest into those dark primal places to draw energy of stubborn refusal to lay down.
one game at a time boys. lions are a massive mountain to climb

Barrett and co should do it. Will take a massive Lions effort to stop the Cane train.

Peyper is reffing... the fix is in

#saffagate #pleasethesaffas #dontleave

real hard road for the canes, but then so it should be. getting a 2peat shouldnt be easy.
if canes take this then they will have thoroughly deserved it.
i feel we have the talent and cajones to do it. just have to see whether we have big enough engines and who can dig deepest into those dark primal places to draw energy of stubborn refusal to lay down.
one game at a time boys. lions are a massive mountain to climb

It's probably fair they have a hard draw for the 2peat given how easy a draw they had for their first success.

It's probably fair they have a hard draw for the 2peat given how easy a draw they had for their first success.
agree but i dont care. we (wellingtononians) had been waiting 20 years + for canes to win a finals.

Peyper is reffing... the fix is in

#saffagate #pleasethesaffas #dontleave

4 Saffa officials and Peyper at the helm... I fear the worst lol

You all should really stop with this nonsense. All these officials have been officiating all season in Super Rugby, yet their credibility wasn't put into question then. Only because it's now a playoff game do you want to start the conspiracy theories???

Peyper is one of the best referees in the world! And one of the few on the Elite Panel. I think it's a reward for him to referee a playoff game because of his neutrality in performances during the regular season. And Marius Jonker is a much better TMO than Shaun Veldsman.

Peyper just let the Stormers be eliminated. If I was a Canes fan I'd much rather have Peyper than any other SH ref. He appears to favour an interpretation of the rules that allows quick ball, which should marginally favour the Canes.

You all should really stop with this nonsense. All these officials have been officiating all season in Super Rugby, yet their credibility wasn't put into question then. Only because it's now a playoff game do you want to start the conspiracy theories???

Peyper is one of the best referees in the world! And one of the few on the Elite Panel. I think it's a reward for him to referee a playoff game because of his neutrality in performances during the regular season. And Marius Jonker is a much better TMO than Shaun Veldsman.
Lol I was mocking the kiwis from an earlier thread... get over yourself dude

Teams named... Aso back for the Canes, the Bus dropped to the bench... Colesy back to start and captain.
DFvHX0MUAAAyHJK.jpg:large

Lions unchanged...
15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Ruan Combrinck, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Ross Cronje, 8 Ruan Ackermann, 7 Kwagga Smith, 6 Jaco Kriel (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Andries Ferreira, 3 Ruan Dreyer, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Jacques van Rooyen

Substitutes: 16 Akker vd Merwe, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Lourens Erasmus, 20 Cyle Brink, 21 Faf de Klerk, 22 Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 23 Sylvian Mahuza

Lions seem to really miss Whiteley and I'd have hoped RJvR would have been fit to start by now.

Julien benched! What a show of confidence in Goosen if Savea is fit.

Fancy the Canes by 14 here and the Lions held to under 25 points.

Easy game for the Lions. Will play the Saders in the final, and win.

Of course that's impossible, the almighty All Blacks are in the same comp so they would HAVE to win....please.

Hurricanes should be too strong despite the home ground advantage. I thought the Lions were peaking nicely but the loss of Whiteley has hurt them (as much as it pains me to say it).

That Canes team is unbelievable, the only way in will be if the forwards can get massive ascendancy (which I don't think has happened this year agaisnt the Canes).

I'd like an SA team to take it and will support the Lions but this Canes team is one of the best super rugby teams I've seen in quite some time.

Latest posts