• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 4: Australia v Argentina (16/09/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
140916065417362597.png

140916065414622115.png
140916065416590853.png
140916065412996251.png

Venue: GIO Stadium
Time: 12:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

I suspect the other Wallabies team will show up for this game, which is bad news for the Pumas. I might be wrong and the Wobblies end up having two crap games in a row, but typically they bounce back after their rubbish games - they are consistent in their inconsistency!!

Given their failure to put the Boks away, the Wallabies probably have to win every game from here on in order to have a chance of finishing 2nd in the RC.

If Aus starts well and does not give us any weird ideas then this should be a Aussie game by 10/15. If my any chance we score early and Aus is a bit sleep then we gonna win this.

The Aussies have shipped a lot of points this year compared to the quality of their opponents and are fragile against running rugby. Even South Africa showed that in the last 20 when they kept ball in hand.

But they've looked decent going forward and the Pumas defence is even weaker. I expect a highly entertaining contest and I think if Sanchez starts at fly half, then Argentina can compete.

Wallabies have to be clear favourites given Cheika's ability to frequently extract the maximum from them.

EDIT: I forgot that Tuculet has gone home hasn't he? That is a massive loss to my mind.

Hoping to see the Wallabies clock up their first RC win. Would have been interesting with a win against NZ and SA, but alas not the case

What time is this? Same as NZ one? i wont get up 4am to see this if thats the case.

Random predictions for Argentina:

- ahead by more than a score at 65 minutes
- but lose
- miss a shedload of tackles
- Sanchez to cost a try by whining to the ref instead of defending
- Creevy to be the best player on the park

Pumas:
15-Emiliano Boffelli, 14-Matias Moroni, 13-Matias Orlando, 12-Jeronimo de la Fuente, 11-Ramiro Moyano, 10-Nicolas Sanchez, 9-Martin Landajo, 8-Tomas Lezana, 7-Javier Ortega Desio, 6-Pablo Matera, 5-Matias Alemanno, 4-Guido Petti, 3-Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2-Agustin Creevy (captain), 1-Lucas Noguera.

Replacements: 16-Julian Montoya, 17-Santiago Garcia Botta, 18-Enrique Pieretto, 19-Marcos Kremer, 20-Juan Manuel Leguizamon, 21-Tomas Cubelli, 22-Santiago

That would be my personal first choice 9-15 for the Pumas if Tuculet had been fit. They should cause this Aussie defence a lot of problems despite that if Bofelli does okay at fullback. I think they have a real chance here if they can compete up front and keep their discipline.

But without Tuculet I think the back three will be even more vulnerable defensively, otherwise I'd have picked the upset.

Wallabies by 8.

Last edited:
Cheika sticks with a light on back row. I think it would have been interesting with McMahon Hooper and Timani starting from the get go

also looking forward to seeing Koroibete debut, I hope he gets some ball in space!

Still persisting with Simmons and McMahon I see, not sure why Koroibete was picked ahead of Rona? Or maybe the question is why not Rona & Koroibete given Speight's games this season.

Should be a win for the Wobblies, but if they play like last week they may well be on the wrong end of the scorecard. They have to get back on track with the sort of rugby they played against the AB's for a game and a half.

The lack of consistency really worries me, a game that could go either way IMO.

Watching Ulster and wondering why Leili 'ifano has been brought into the Wallabies 23 to keep Foley honest. He has had an excellent start to the season.

Latest posts