• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 4: Australia v Argentina (16/09/2017)

it was a decent first half for Los pumas . two missed penaltis that gonna be costly!

**** start for the Wallabies, very disappointing, many of the same problems as last week, no committment to support players in attack, no patience with the ball in hand, silly errors in judgement, and even worse - back to problems with the defensive line, Speight having a shocking either running up out of the line or coming in off his wing. I really dont know why he keeps getting a start.

Cheika better tear them a new one over oranges and get them back on track or this could turn to crap real quick.

Two crystal clear knock ons from aus not called. How did the ref missed that

Pumas not as sharp as they were against the ABs last week. Creevy not as obvious. If Oz score again, I fear it is over at 24-13 right now.......

Really think the ref getting some of those collapsed scrum calls wrong. The Oz players taking the knee first, but Pumas perhaps hinging. Now he has issue a warning? Lets see this one

Wrong wrong wrong. OZ loose head collapsed...... Effectively ends game on the yellow card. Thanks ref. Pillock!

Watched the replay again. Pumas scrum was dominant. Ref is out to lunch. The OZ loose head was frigging crawling - totally out scrummed.

Oz commentators not even commenting. Ref is crap. Penalized the only guy left on his feet.

Last edited:
Oz #8 McMahon (sp?) has had a great tournament. The ref has seen off the contest IMHO. Made it easy for the wallabies against 14 men. Score line will now flatter them.

yes another embarrassing performance. the second half was.just dreadfull. dam reff. that knock on by aus n6. and the yellow was bulls hit to. and that folau interception was an intentional knock on in a clear try chance

Wallabies offside all day. He called it earlier against pumas. At least be consistent. I am not even a Pumas fan. :)

Well Cheika must have heard me! Wobblies came out with a new sense of urgency and lifted the tempo significantly, fixed up a lot of what was wrong in the 1st half. Owned the Pumas in the scrum, but as we have seen the Puma scrum is woeful these days so not surprising.

Not sure about Koroibete, time will tell I guess, like Speight he gets caught out of position a bit.

Hooper, Foley, Genia and Beale were good, once again Uelese looked solid. Coleman & Hodge were excellent, Kuridrani had a good game too. We still look a bit light on with Hooper, McMahon and Hanigan all on the field at the same time.

The challenge is there now, they will need to play with that sort of urgency for 80 minutes to get up against the Boks at home, hopefully the best is still to come.

dam reff.

You cant say too much about the ref, the first Puma try was very dubious, Wobblies had a try disallowed where it wasnt checked but there was clear grounding. Izzy's knock on was 50/50 - i wouldnt have been too upset if it was a penalty, but he propelled it up, not down, so probably a fair call. The Pumas were very lucky not to get a penalty try against them, just a YC was lucky.

There were some arguable decisions, but overall I dont think the reffing had any significant influence on the outcome of the game.

Latest posts