• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: Wales vs. France (26/02/2016)

People seem to constantly contradict themselves with regards to France's attack play.
They complain that they aren't creative and they play very conservatively. Yet on the other hand they whinge that they aren't trucking it up and getting more go forward.

Case in point the commentary in this game, who seem to have no clue about modern professional rugby.

The French backs are getting no direction from their 10 on shaping their attacks.

The Forwards are doing some reasonable pick and goes* and generating a bit of go-forward, but without Plisson letting Machenaud know when the backs want/need it (and Machenaud recognising when it has to go out the back) they are shapeless and directionless.

Plisson is (on tonight) not close to international standard - not for what he did with the ball (which was bad enough) - but for what he didn't do off the ball.

I don't know why Trinh-Duc hasn't been the no.1 French 10 for the past 6 years or so.

*They also had their fair share of isolated players doing their own thing. A lack of direction from 9, a lack of gameplan from the coach or players being stupid. Who knows.

I don't care where the ref is from, its got nothing to do with being anti English, he could be from another bloody planet, fact is he was ****e again last night and needs to step down as an International ref, give him a season reffing in the Championship.
Barnes messed up and spoilt the game as a spectacle, he has a responsibility to the paying public as well as the TV audience. Its comments like yours that turn non English fans against England, what makes you so touchy ?
If you sent every referee failing to control the scrum to the Championship for a season, we wouldn't have any referees left on the international stage.

Failure of the scrum is endemic to modern professional rugby. Being so overtly against one referee for their failure to control it, when no one can... there's obviously something personal going on.

I don't care where the ref is from, its got nothing to do with being anti English, he could be from another bloody planet, fact is he was ****e again last night and needs to step down as an International ref, give him a season reffing in the Championship.
Barnes messed up and spoilt the game as a spectacle, he has a responsibility to the paying public as well as the TV audience. Its comments like yours that turn non English fans against England, what makes you so touchy ?

You realise with a competent ref, the French would probably have mauled you into defeat?

The Welsh were due 2+ yellows last night for maul infringements, at least one of which should have been a penalty try.

I guess the commandos in the valleys only get binoculars with 1 eye hole though? :D [which I shall decree is to be called a spyglass]

Wales conceded tonight as well...

true France breached their line 3 times. First try was rightly denied (Guirado didn't touch down). 2nd time it was held up (correct decision again). 3rd time try.

Also we opted to kick for touch twice instead of taking the 3 pts.

Here - question.

Are you still only allowed a minute to take a penalty after making the decision? [and 1m 30sec for conversion?]

Just thinking that the Biggar shuffle goes on a mighty long time....

God some of you lot are miserable gits...
Yes the 1st half was a bit scrappy but the 2nd half we saw some decent attack from BOTH sides and BOTH sides show great scrambled defence too..
Barnes was fair imo he penalised both sides fairly and you lot who moan about. "oh they should of had a yellow blah blah - When the infringements are minimal it doesn't always warrant a yellow . You should go watch a game called football if you want that.
Fact is Wales won comfortably and controlled the game , I never felt that we could lose this match so we must be doing something right.

If Wales play like that vs England in 2 weeks, England should win. They won't though, as everyone ups their game vs England .

"oh they should of had a yellow blah blah - When the infringements are minimal it doesn't always warrant a yellow.

Bull.

Repeat cynical infringments 2 metres from your own line are not minimal.

Right so is Wayne Barnes not a professional referee ? Being English he cannot be bias towards Wales so you can't use that card .
So in his professional opinion he didn't think the small infringements Wales were making warranted a yellow card otherwise he would of shown the yellow therefore I'll take the opinion of a rugby professional referee above what some half wits think on here.

- - - Updated - - -

If you play like you did in the first 60 min against Italy the game will be over matey

- - - Updated - - -

If Wales play like that vs England in 2 weeks, England should win. They won't though, as everyone ups their game vs England .

Feeling nervous today are we??

Right so is Wayne Barnes not a professional referee ? Being English he cannot be bias towards Wales so you can't use that card .
So in his professional opinion he didn't think the small infringements Wales were making warranted a yellow card otherwise he would of shown the yellow therefore I'll take the opinion of a rugby professional referee above what some half wits think on here.

touchy.

If you didn't see the clear infringements at the maul then you should find another sport. I can remember twice where one of your players ran around the maul to take it down. Firstly by Lydiate, secondly from Faletau when he basically stopped a try.

Why bring up Barnes being English? Amiga is Irish....

touchy.

If you didn't see the clear infringements at the maul then you should find another sport. I can remember twice where one of your players ran around the maul to take it down. Firstly by Lydiate, secondly from Faletau when he basically stopped a try.

Why bring up Barnes being English? Amiga is Irish....

Im clearly stating a FACT Barnes saw the infringements and decided it DID NOT warrant a yellow it's quite simple real at the end of the day he is the official and it doesn't matter what you armchair referees think

Barnes did not referee the set scrums very well.
One assumes that he would have explained to the captains/coaches before the game what he expected at scrum time, and as both front rows didn't appear to make sufficient effort to bind and scrum correctly, then warnings should have been issued swiftly followed by yellow cards. That would have put an end to the shenanigans.
Let's hope that Roman Poite will have watched yesterday's game and will referee the England/Ireland game accordingly.

Oh and I brought up he's English because clearly Amiga is questioning Barnes refereeing decisions and possibly getting at that he was on the Welsh side which clearly wasn't the case . I know Amiga is Irish there is a flag on his profile that indicates that.

If the one-eyed half-wit would care to observe the match again, you'd see he didn't give penalties to France on two key occasions their players cynically transgressed.

Which means he didn't see the misdemeanours.

Furthermore, you are using the argument that a professional referee never makes a mistake. I assume you are now happy that Alain Rolland was correct to send off Sam Warburton in the RWC2011 semi-final vs. France?

Last edited:
Im clearly stating a FACT Barnes saw the infringements and decided it DID NOT warrant a yellow it's quite simple real at the end of the day he is the official and it doesn't matter what you armchair referees think

Are you Barnes? How do you know for a FACT that he saw the infringements? They were that blatant that I'm surprised he missed them. 8 times out of 10, Faletau would have found himself sitting on the bench for 10mins for his role in bringing down a try scoring opportunity.

You're also an arm chair ref... just for the other side.

Barnes did not referee the set scrums very well.
One assumes that he would have explained to the captains/coaches before the game what he expected at scrum time, and as both front rows didn't appear to make sufficient effort to bind and scrum correctly, then warnings should have been issued swiftly followed by yellow cards. That would have put an end to the shenanigans.
Let's hope that Roman Poite will have watched yesterday's game and will referee the England/Ireland game accordingly.

Your the type that loves to see yellow cards for anything don't you , both sides were infringing at the scrum and dishing out yellow cards for small infringements like that is not good for the game and spoils the match , there are other ways to correct issues at scrum time and I thought Barnes did a good job in telling them exactly what he wanted, that better refereeing to me than dishing out cards willy nilly.

Your the type that loves to see yellow cards for anything don't you , both sides were infringing at the scrum and dishing out yellow cards for small infringements like that is not good for the game and spoils the match , there are other ways to correct issues at scrum time and I thought Barnes did a good job in telling them exactly what he wanted, that better refereeing to me than dishing out cards willy nilly.

Certainly not!! I want to see a referee being firm with scrummaging with view to reducing the inordinate amount of time spent resetting the scrum only for the more of the same to take place - and that is what spoils the enjoyment of the spectators - clearly with the exception of you!

Latest posts