• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: Wales vs. France (26/02/2016)

If the one-eyed half-wit would care to observe the match again, you'd see he didn't give penalties to France on the two occasions their players cynically transgressed.

Which means he didn't see the misdemeanours.

Furthermore, you are using the argument that a professional referee never makes a mistake. I assume you are now happy that Alain Rolland was correct to send off Sam Warburton in the RWC2011 semi-final vs. France?

We must have been we watching 2 different matches then, I'm sure Barnes was giving penalties to France for that period in the 2nd half when they were camped in our 22.
Also yes referees do make mistakes but Barnes had seen the Welsh infringements and judged them not to be yellow card offences..

Yes I still believe it was a harsh red card back in 2011. There was a similar tackle yesterday that didn't even get a yellow.

We must have been we watching 2 different matches then, I'm sure Barnes was giving penalties to France for that period in the 2nd half when they were camped in our 22.
Also yes referees do make mistakes but Barnes had seen the Welsh infringements and judged them not to be yellow card offences..

Yes I still believe it was a harsh red card back in 2011. There was a similar tackle yesterday that didn't even get a yellow.

You are joking right? There wasn't a tip tackle in yesterday's game.

I agree and that tackle was picked over and dismissed! Had it been given we might as well give up rugby as a contact sport........

About 25 mins in there's a potential one on JD2. Not the worst I've seen, but looks like he's gone over the horizontal and looks like Davies lands on his neck / upper shoulder area. A yellow would've been very very harsh (seen them given though) but arguably a penalty.

What should have been a yellow though was the late tackle on Faletau around 18 or so mins in. It's a completely off the ball cheap shot with no attempt at all to use the arms, clearly should have at least been looked at by the TMO.

About 25 mins in there's a potential one on JD2. Not the worst I've seen, but looks like he's gone over the horizontal and looks like Davies lands on his neck / upper shoulder area. A yellow would've been very very harsh (seen them given though) but arguably a penalty.

What should have been a yellow though was the late tackle on Faletau around 18 or so mins in. It's a completely off the ball cheap shot with no attempt at all to use the arms, clearly should have at least been looked at by the TMO.

I think I was talking about a different penalty in the first half when the player landed on his back.

Totally agree with your second point. No idea how France have been getting away with these cheap shots.

I think I was talking about a different penalty in the first half when the player landed on his back.

Totally agree with your second point. No idea how France have been getting away with these cheap shots.

Have a feeling that maybe Barnes only half saw it, so gave the penalty, but didn't probably see it enough to think it warranted a look at upstairs.

Right so is Wayne Barnes not a professional referee ? Being English he cannot be bias towards Wales so you can't use that card .
So in his professional opinion he didn't think the small infringements Wales were making warranted a yellow card otherwise he would of shown the yellow therefore I'll take the opinion of a rugby professional referee above what some half wits think on here.

- - - Updated - - -

If you play like you did in the first 60 min against Italy the game will be over matey

- - - Updated - - -

Feeling nervous today are we??

Nah ;)

Nice match on Friday, sad we lost but Wales were superior without doubt. Barnes had a fair match overall.

The main difference between the 2 teams is that Wales has players that are playing already since long time together, mainly in the back and you feel that they are very well in place.

Very impressive defense from Wales all along the match.

Plisson had a very bad match for France sadly and it explains for a part the offensive inefficiency of France (very few kick for example). The third row of France is also a bit too light to fight with the like of Warburton, Tipuric.

On a positive note, I like the spirit of this french team, they fight until the end. They have a long way to go before they could match the collective consistency that Wales has shown since now several years but hopefully they are on the way.

On a separate note, it has been mentioned by the BBC, 23 of 31 of the french players played the weekend before this match. Only 2 of the welsh players did if I'm not wrong. As long as the TOP14 won't renew itself, we will be at disadvantage with the likes of Wales or Ireland.

Latest posts