• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Scotland vs Wales (Round 2)

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you aren't English, we Celts should stick together.
As for the forward pass you didn't see try specsavers.

Ha, Celtic solidarity, a product of 21st century revisionism. Chances are you have a similar genetic makeup to someone in England.

I take it that's a post meant for me? If so then I'll comment and say that I'm not really interested in liking/disliking any particular team based on the country or any perceived links but more by the actions & attitudes of the players/coaches/fans.

And in no way did the ball go forward off of Hidalgo-Clyne's hand. It's a non-argument.

Shaun Edwards everybody: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31497131

He added: "I was very impressed with our post-tackle work. I think we turned them over six or seven times on the floor and it's something that we excel at."

"I think we are the most proficient side in the world at turning teams over on the floor and I don't think we were rewarded for that against England, there was a clear holding-on penalty in the build-up to their second try.

"We had a lot more attacks against Scotland and went back to our Plan A, which we are very good at.

"When we play to our Plan A we are a very, very good attacking team. When we fluctuate away from it we are not as good.

"We didn't get any set piece to play off against England and we got more phase-play rugby going against Scotland."

What's Plan B Shaun? The rest of the rugby world would like to know...

What holding on? Seriously we've spoken at great length about legitimately of tries in that game and nobody and I mean nobody has questioned Joseph's try. Webb's try on the other hand.....those in glass houses and all.

Sometimes I wish I lived on planet Warren. God I hate the Welsh management who aren't Welsh....

---Updated---

Ugh I just watched Joseph's try again and there legitimate grounds for holding on phase 14...god I hated admitting that. Honestly though it's a bit marginal not entirely sure there was time to let go of the ball before the Welsh players yelled for the call, I've seen them given, I've seen them not.

Last edited:
Jbobo

Watch it in real time (the first few seconds) several times.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31494355

Russell is already in the position he more or less ends up before biggar is even in the air (who is running full pelt but he's still on the ground just as he enters frame), he then jumps to grab the ball from above Russell and lands on top of him just to the pace he's moving at. Russell also clearly has his eyes on the ball and doesn't see Biggar coming.

He does attempt to duck slightly but to get out of the way is almost impossible.

He's not really guilty of anything as he is there to catch the high ball, clumsy to not see the welsh player and compete for it better but I wouldn't call it intentional in the slightest. Honestly I'd question a yellow card.

Completely agree with this !

Ha, Celtic solidarity, a product of 21st century revisionism. Chances are you have a similar genetic makeup to someone in England.

Pipe down ya Sais :p we're having a moment here!

While Russell's tackle is definitely the worse of the two, neither him nor Davies should've been carded. Penalty for both, nothing more. Daft that hes been cited.

Regarding the non-try. Still not convinced that it didn't go forward. Plus Cuthbert gets pulled back by a supporting Scottish player - lose a little bit of sympathy there...

Also Scotland were just as "dirty" as Wales. Grow up if you think otherwise...

While Russell's tackle is definitely the worse of the two, neither him nor Davies should've been carded. Penalty for both, nothing more. Daft that hes been cited.

Regarding the non-try. Still not convinced that it didn't go forward. Plus Cuthbert gets pulled back by a supporting Scottish player - lose a little bit of sympathy there...

I agree on all points really. I still can't really see what Russell could have done differently. By the time he saw biggar, there was absolutely nothing he could do to get out of the way Imo. Turning his back made it look a little worse, but that was just instinct to protect himself. Just one of those things that happen Imo.

On the non-try. Web should have been yellow carded, probably saved by the fact that cline ducked and webbs arm glanced off the top of his head instead of catching him around the neck. I still think the ball went forward.

Wow, so if anyone ever has an opinion that differs from yours then they are clearly just wrong & require to 'grow up'. That's helpful.

I guess there's no real point to having a forum then for people to share their opinions & debate the issues. We should really just have a group email where you can inform us of what our opinions should be and be done with it.

Wow, so if anyone ever has an opinion that differs from yours then they are clearly just wrong & require to 'grow up'. That's helpful.

I guess there's no real point to having a forum then for people to share their opinions & debate the issues. We should really just have a group email where you can inform us of what our opinions should be and be done with it.

To be fair, calling a team dirty is more than just stating an opinion, it's also an accusation, and tbf an incorrect one at that. You could call this welsh team streetwise, or at least more streetwise than previous welsh sides, but I can't really see where they are dirty.

You could accuse Liam Williams of being dirty on occasion, less so this season though. Mike Phillips is a pain in the ass, but he's rarely crossed the line to dirty (Ireland 2008 possibly). Bradley Davies has had his silly moments (Ireland 2012 I think). Otherwise, the rest of the squad are pretty honest players, and certainly not dirty.

We don't employ dirty tactics either. Physical, sure, or try to be at least.

I'd be interested to hear your reasons as to why you believe otherwise. It would be quite easy for Welsh fans to label Scotland as dirty considering what's happened over the last few years with players being taken out in the air on numerous occasions, and Hogg's shoulder to the face last year, but I think we all realise they where lapses of judgement/concentration, and nothing to do with malicious intent.

Last edited:

See dullonien's post. Sums it up.

Opinions are all well and good, but straight up accusing us of being dirty, likely because you're still frustrated by the result... You're gonna get a response.

My point being, if you see Wales as dirty, then Scotland are too as they were doing the exact same stuff.

See dullonien's post. Sums it up.

Opinions are all well and good, but straight up accusing us of being dirty, likely because you're still frustrated by the result... You're gonna get a response.

My point being, if you see Wales as dirty, then Scotland are too as they were doing the exact same stuff.

Never let the truth get in the way of Newtons 4th law - "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, plus a social media overreaction"

I agree on all points really. I still can't really see what Russell could have done differently. By the time he saw biggar, there was absolutely nothing he could do to get out of the way Imo. Turning his back made it look a little worse, but that was just instinct to protect himself. Just one of those things that happen Imo.

On the non-try. Web should have been yellow carded, probably saved by the fact that cline ducked and webbs arm glanced off the top of his head instead of catching him around the neck. I still think the ball went forward.

Watch the footage again, the ball definitely does not go forward. Jackson should have gone to the TMO in any case, it was a poor shout from him.

Re: Wales being dirty. I think maybe Gatland rubs everyone up the wrong way and that affects perceptions of the team? I do think of Wales as slightly unlikable as a team, but none of the players really are. Every team has the odd one or two, and players who commit out of character fouls.

Watch the footage again, the ball definitely does not go forward. Jackson should have gone to the TMO in any case, it was a poor shout from him.

I would argue it does go forward. He should have possibly gone upstairs, could have been brought back therefore for the holding back of Cuthbert. It swings in roundabouts this.

Finn Russell's decision is in ...

&@#!$

So essentially a 1 match ban as it is unlikely he would play this weekend. Utterly disagree with their assessment a) it should of been a red card, b) what he did was reckless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts