• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Argentina (25/10/2015)

So, rain predicted for Sunday as well. This could cancel out a wonderful contest of running rugby.

Los Pumas is the only team that has the talent and physicality to take on the All Blacks. The Bokke and the Wobblies were clearly in weaker pools and are underdone. They couldn't put their very weak QF opponents away with the ease they should have. It was clear after the first game in Pool C that the Pumas would give the All Blacks a run for their money in the final. Sorry Bokke friends but no cigar this version of the Lottery. Our Wobblies are a mirage and will not survive. Now the match officials, who were meant to get England across the line, then any other NH team, will go nuts. Who should they hate more? It's a case of Tango or Hash?

I agree, except the Pumas will;

A. Only be able to last up until the 60th minute against the Blacks

and

B. Would also suffer the same retarded decision making process that Scotland suffered under pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

So, rain predicted for Sunday as well. This could cancel out a wonderful contest of running rugby.

Heh, the All Blacks will run it alright. Question is; can RSA keep up with fast hands?

but Lobbe has the same range and is far more experienced and has won everything you can win in rugby.

Has Lobbe won ANYTHING at all???

- - - Updated - - -

Los Pumas is the only team that has the talent and physicality to take on the All Blacks. The Bokke and the Wobblies were clearly in weaker pools and are underdone. They couldn't put their very weak QF opponents away with the ease they should have. It was clear after the first game in Pool C that the Pumas would give the All Blacks a run for their money in the final. Sorry Bokke friends but no cigar this version of the Lottery. Our Wobblies are a mirage and will not survive. Now the match officials, who were meant to get England across the line, then any other NH team, will go nuts. Who should they hate more? It's a case of Tango or Hash?

Troll much???

Has Lobbe won ANYTHING at all???

From what I understand he won a couple of Heineken Cups and some Top 14 tournaments. Not bad for a player who grew up with a Pumas team that had no regular competition.

I then stand corrected.

Still can't call it everything you can win in rugby. GREAT player though, my favorite Argentinian by a long shot.

Last edited:
Hooper is by far the most complete back rower on the team. Because Pocock can jackle and park his arse at the back of a rolling maul you think he's better than hooper? Fan boys these days....

I can't tell if you're just trying to wind up the Aussies?
Pocock is easily/clearly better than Hooper.
I'd say he's the best flanker in the world right now, too.

I agree, except the Pumas will;

A. Only be able to last up until the 60th minute against the Blacks

and

B. Would also suffer the same retarded decision making process that Scotland suffered under pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh, the All Blacks will run it alright. Question is; can RSA keep up with fast hands?

Uhm... you're in the Aus vs Arg thread.

Lobbe was a part of the team that came 3rd in 2007; also won french league a couple of times and the heineken twice in a row. Apart from winning the WC and Rugby Championship that's how far you can get in rugby.

Conrad, those are individual skills that stand out better than their argentinian counterparts, but they don't make them better as players as a whole.

About Hooper, he's all over the place, making penalties, getting into fights, shouting air to his bangs so they don't get in the way... I get that he gives this impression of amazing energy and pace, but he's plenty of trouble sometimes.

edit: ok, we can't win against this guys. WE CAN'T:

wallagays.jpg

Last edited:
Hooper is by far the most complete back rower on the team. Because Pocock can jackle and park his arse at the back of a rolling maul you think he's better than hooper? Fan boys these days....

Because Hooper can run with the ball in hands and has a pretty nice haircut you think he's better than Pocock?? Fan boys these days...

Just look the Wallabies 2012-2013 with Hooper and without Pocock. Then look the Wallabies 2011 and 2015 with Pocock. And then look the Wallabies in Eden Park this year with Hooper and without Pocock and then look their last game vs Scotland with Hooper and without Pocock. And then you can see the game vs Wales with Pocock and without Hooper. Pocock is the most valuable Aussie player ATM by far

Lobbe was a part of the team that came 3rd in 2007; also won french league a couple of times and the heineken twice in a row. Apart from winning the WC and Rugby Championship that's how far you can get in rugby.

The Pumas 2007 were defeated by South Africa easily. This Aussie back row beat the ABs in Sydney and won the Rugby Championship this year. Something impossible for the Pumas in the next 5 or 10 years

Last edited:
Isa and Matera in the next years will be Key to the Pumas. Lobbe is great but he´s getting old and while he is superb, hes not getting faster. On a side note i always like more the raw power of Legui.

Isa and Matera in the next years will be Key to the Pumas. Lobbe is great but he´s getting old and while he is superb, hes not getting faster. On a side note i always like more the raw power of Legui.

You mean...

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
@Conrad Smith How long have you lived in Australia by the way?
Since 1968 when they became the economic powerhouse of Oceania

Haha, I think he's ignoring me.

The reason I ask Conrad was to try to find out where you are coming from. But comments such as these:

Aussies don't care much about u, I know it must be hard being the younger brother living in the shadow of the largest economy in Oceania, just relax.

It's very boring to read the resentful like u. All the time attacking Australia, as @sanzar; says: The Kiwis are too concerned about Australia. You can see this in All Aussie fan pages in facebook, tw or whatever. In an Aussie fan page you always can find a Kiwi talking about Australia but in a NZ fan page you never see an Aussie talking about NZ.

suggest to me that your so called grasp on the physches of both Kiwis and Ozzies does not come from actual experience in either country rather from time spent on Facebook, fan pages, and forums.... Has the penny dropped yet mate? I can spell it out to you if you want!

Latest posts