• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Argentina (25/10/2015)

No, it won't grow it. Successful Argentine players will move to other countries, where the money is, most of their players already play elsewhere, a bit like the best Pacific Islanders, who would rather play for New Zealand or Australia. than Fiji or Samoa.

Maybe one of the Argentine posters can help, but I was under the impression that the Pumas won't be picking players that aren't either playing Super Rugby or domestic rugby in Argentina, in future; if this is the case, it should help o retain players

Well, this is a true Aussie who is supporting my idea

You have quoted my post about 4 times in less than 2 days. That suggests that you don't like to be known as the little brother of Australia, haha
In SPORT Conrad read his post properly SPORT. You are the one who went off into a rant about the economy of the two countries proving you have "NO IDEA".

Argentina is a country of over 40 million people... so not exactly analogous to a PI nation like Tonga with 100 thousand people. What's more is next year they'll have their first Super Rugby franchise, giving local players a high profile and elite professional pathway at home.

Again, I realise you're from the UK and that you lot have opposed literally every move to progress the game, but try to think a little bigger.

You really are very patronising! I have never opposed any move to "progress" the game. as you put it, but I do see that we are in a mess now, as far as the modern game is concerned. When I have time I will try to explain why, and perhaps you will widen your rather narrow view of things!

Maybe one of the Argentine posters can help, but I was under the impression that the Pumas won't be picking players that aren't either playing Super Rugby or domestic rugby in Argentina, in future; if this is the case, it should help o retain players
That is my understanding.

To be honest, i think you guys took CS's comment a tad too seriously. Maybe i'm misinterpreting his intention, but let's allow a bit of bantering without overreacting.

Fair comments @ABs2011. The Kangaroos and Wallabies are certainly easier sides to support than our cricketers... much better blokes in both teams.

Also, just on this semi, I think you may well get your wish: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/r...o-unlikely-for-semifinal-20151021-gkf8iq.html

I find it hard to see us beating Argentina without arguably 3 of our most important players.
**** me. So sorry to hear.
I don't mind the oposing team losing players to citations, but injuries is a completely different thing. Hope they get better.

In SPORT Conrad read his post properly SPORT. You are the one who went off into a rant about the economy of the two countries proving you have "NO IDEA".

And this is a Sport's forum and I'm talking about sports feeling, right? Or perhaps this is the Disney forum and I didn't realize?

You do realise you posted this yesterday.

Yeah, I mean: "Aussies don't care about NZ teams like Kiwis do it by Aussie teams". I'm talking about sport, of course. Just relax, mate.

You have quoted my post about 4 times in less than 2 days. That suggests that you don't like to be known as the little brother of Australia, haha

Haha, and the fact that you will not man up with any response other than another stupid remark speaks volumes!

So Conrad, I will try and be honest with you as subtle prompting seems to have gotter no-where.

I was hoping my post(s) might make you re-think things a bit because without doubt you are the poster that has biggest discrepency between what you think you know and what you actually know on this forum. I'm sorry to say my man that I am far from the only person that sees this. I'm sure you are a nice enough bloke, and at times you post some good info with some good links, and again to be fair on you compared to four years ago your rugby knowledge has definately improved.

That being said, it is not the posts about rugby where you let yourself down, it is this obsession you have with thinking you understand what Kiwis and Ozzies think, and your pathetic attempts to generalise each nation. Plain and simple you display true ignorance.

Perhaps it is a language barrier, but the prejudice BS u post has gone on for many years so I highliy doudt it.

So I urge you to step away Facebook, from fan pages, and from web forums and get out into the real world and have a beer, a coffee, or a cup of tea with a few Kiwis and develop some informed opinions based on the real world. In the mean time perhaps you could limit your posts to rugby?

Take care mate!

Yeah, I mean: "Aussies don't care about NZ teams like Kiwis do it by Aussie teams". I'm talking about sport, of course. Just relax, mate.

And that is no different to other countries in similar situations; Sco-Eng, Can-USA, Wal-Eng, etc, etc. Nothing new or remarkable here.

You really are very patronising! I have never opposed any move to "progress" the game. as you put it, but I do see that we are in a mess now, as far as the modern game is concerned. When I have time I will try to explain why, and perhaps you will widen your rather narrow view of things!

Settle down, just giving you a little cheek after you assumed Argentina would have the same issues as the PI Nations without taking their vastly different circumstances into account (indeed, to some your comment may even have sounded a little patronising too).

Also, I wasn't blaming you specifically, but its a matter of historical fact that the home unions have opposed almost every rule change proposal and expansion effort that has been proposed by those outside. Heck, the Rugby World Cup itself was an Aus-NZ initiative that your Rugby authorities opposed, along with opposing taking the game professional. Heck, according to journalist and rugby historian Spiro Zavos, the RFU in the UK even opposed making tries worth points in themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is no different to other countries in similar situations; Sco-Eng, Can-USA, Wal-Eng, etc, etc. Nothing new or remarkable here.
It's no where near as bad between Aus and NZ compared to the UK rivalries too in my view.

Yes, UAR's intentions are to contract only super rugby players and leave european contracts out of the team. This is an strategic decission that had to be made by Pichot and the others, but how good is it?

a) Argentina does not have money to pay this guys at the level european teams do. If you let players play un europe, no one would come back. Specially after this world cup, how much are pumas players going to improve their market value?

b) if you let the pumas become a franchise, if you get results, people is going to point out that you're a cheat or similar.

c) if you don't use the rule of non european team players, the SR team loses quality and therefore value and misses the point. Pumas do not improve and Jaguares become the black goat of the competition.

It's a canandrum you see.

Yes, UAR's intentions are o contract only super rugby players and leave european contracts out of the team. This is an strategic decission that had to be made by Pichot and the others, but how good is it?

This is a massive mistake if that's the direction they're going in. I can understand them going with a quota of sorts, but effectively making the Pumas a club side isn't a smart decision long term. What they ought to do is work toward having 3 Super Rugby sides established in the next 15 years, and give them all important regional identities. To build a strong national team it certainly helps to have a range of strong local identities, and relying on one side won't allow for that.

Haha, and the fact that you will not man up with any response other than another stupid remark speaks volumes!

So Conrad, I will try and be honest with you as subtle prompting seems to have gotter no-where.

I was hoping my post(s) might make you re-think things a bit because without doubt you are the poster that has biggest discrepency between what you think you know and what you actually know on this forum. I'm sorry to say my man that I am far from the only person that sees this. I'm sure you are a nice enough bloke, and at times you post some good info with some good links, and again to be fair on you compared to four years ago your rugby knowledge has definately improved.

That being said, it is not the posts about rugby where you let yourself down, it is this obsession you have with thinking you understand what Kiwis and Ozzies think, and your pathetic attempts to generalise each nation. Plain and simple you display true ignorance.

Perhaps it is a language barrier, but the prejudice BS u post has gone on for many years so I highliy doudt it.

So I urge you to step away Facebook, from fan pages, and from web forums and get out into the real world and have a beer, a coffee, or a cup of tea with a few Kiwis and develop some informed opinions based on the real world. In the mean time perhaps you could limit your posts to rugby?

Take care mate!

Just because I don't answer your messages (because I don't want to share my personal life with u) doesn't mean that I don't know people from other countries, so that all your words are nonsense.

Interestingly I have 2 friends who have lived in Wellington for a while. Once they were invited to attend a Canes game in the cake tin stadium:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

As they know that I'm a rugby supporter, they asked me what is the reason of poor crowds in the Canes games. Strange for them because rugby is the most popular code in NZ, Wellington is the capital of the country and the second most populous city. I gave them my opinion: Because the Hurricanes are losers and have never won a SR ***le, sorry for that.

Last edited:
We are forced to put the Best possible. If we fail they Will take the franchise. So we need to force players to go to the franchise. It Will Hurt us? Yes in short term we lose People like imhoff...but New blood from arg league Will rise into pladar...when i used to play...the Best was getting to the xv of your team. Now Young players May aspire to get paid and play against the Best.

If we manage to get 40/50 players then.....a monster is born hahaha

The part of "importal regional identities".

Just so you know, there are, there were and probably will be huge problems between Buenos Aires rugby and the rest of the country. This "union" in terms of the pumas being the team that makes most of people feel represented is quite new.

In fact Albacete was fired out of the team for pointing out differences between the conditions of guys from "interior" when going to Bs As and URBA people.

Haha, I wasnt quite expecting that as a response :) I'm not sure how to respond.... Nice photos maybe :huh:?? LOL

Look mate I'll leave you be. I didnt think I was asking anything too personal, I just wondered if you had actually been to the countries you so vocally and frequently generalise. And was suggesting that perhaps the impressions you have gotten from reading fan pages was steering you in an unfortunate direction.

It's good that you have a couple mates that have spent some time in NZ. It's just a shame they havent knocked any sense into you. Perhaps they didnt enjoy their time in NZ, but by the looks on their faces in the photos they are having a grand old time :)

Yes, UAR's intentions are to contract only super rugby players and leave european contracts out of the team. This is an strategic decission that had to be made by Pichot and the others, but how good is it?

a) Argentina does not have money to pay this guys at the level european teams do. If you let players play un europe, no one would come back. Specially after this world cup, how much are pumas players going to improve their market value?

b) if you let the pumas become a franchise, if you get results, people is going to point out that you're a cheat or similar.

c) if you don't use the rule of non european team players, the SR team loses quality and therefore value and misses the point. Pumas do not improve and Jaguares become the black goat of the competition.

It's a canandrum you see.
What about what the Australians do, make an exception for players with 60 caps+

What about what the Australians do, make an exception for players with 60 caps+

As a country with 5 Super Rugby franchises that's a little easier for us, but I'd argue a watered down version of that would make sense until they had couple more sides in Super Rugby

Latest posts