• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Argentina (25/10/2015)

Haha, I think he's ignoring me.

The reason I ask Conrad was to try to find out where you are coming from. But comments such as these:

suggest to me that your so called grasp on the physches of both Kiwis and Ozzies does not come from actual experience in either country rather from time spent on Facebook, fan pages, and forums.... Has the penny dropped yet mate? I can spell it out to you if you want!

Yea he seems pretty clueless on the relationship between the Two ANZAC nations. I mean Wallabies vs ABs, Roos vs Kiwis sport in General is one thing, but I don't think many people outside our two countries can grasp the bond shared between our two nations especially some rugby fan from Argentina.

Yea he seems pretty clueless on the relationship between the Two ANZAC nations. I mean Wallabies vs ABs, Roos vs Kiwis sport in General is one thing, but I don't think many people outside our two countries can grasp the bond shared between our two nations especially some rugby fan from Argentina.

in argentina is normal to have opinions on things you are clueless..is some kind of sport

in argentina is normal to have opinions on things you are clueless..is some kind of sport

lol, and here I was thinking that was more a North America thing :p .

With regard to the ANZAC relationship, as a general rule I think Kiwis are more likely to hate our guts in sport than the reverse... in fact for a lot of Aussies we'll switch to supporting the All Blacks if Australia is out. I said that to a Kiwi bloke I used to work with and he bluntly replied that while he's heard that from a lot of Aussies he finds it extremely difficult to find situations where he's backing an Aussie side unless we're playing England.

Yeah, CS's comment was a bit baity, but man @Kiwi_ you really did bite pretty hard.

For what it's worth, if the Pumas beat us I'll be supporting them in the final purely because I think it would be good for the game

You will be supporting the Pumas against NZ for "the good of the game"? Do you know, I really did laugh out loud! However, giving you the benefit of the doubt, how would it be good for the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Haha - I didnt know that!! To be fair though my post had nothing to do with the fact that Conrad is Argentinian, simply that, in his own words, his understanding of both Kiwis and Ozzies comes from face book and fan pages!!

I was hoping it might prompt him to reconsider the certainty with which he feels he understands the psyches of the people from each country based on perhaps the worst information possible.

You will be supporting the Pumas against NZ for "the good of the game"? Do you know, I really did laugh out loud! However, giving you the benefit of the doubt, how would it be good for the game?

Do you really need to ask? I'd have thought it was pretty obvious: to GROW it. Argentina remain an up and coming power, and a world cup win would do incredible things for the profile of the game not just in Argentina but in South America in general. The All Blacks meanwhile, don't really need a PR boost for Union...

With regard to the ANZAC relationship, as a general rule I think Kiwis are more likely to hate our guts in sport than the reverse... in fact for a lot of Aussies we'll switch to supporting the All Blacks if Australia is out. I said that to a Kiwi bloke I used to work with and he bluntly replied that while he's heard that from a lot of Aussies he finds it extremely difficult to find situations where he's backing an Aussie side unless we're playing England.

I think at the end of the day you probably get a tosser in one out of every 10 so called "sports fans" but the reality is most reasonable people dont have any hate mate! No doubt you may well perceive this, but again, I'd think you will find it generally comes from heat of the moment stuff and/or Conrad's favourite source of info: FB and fan pages. You have to admit both sources are unlikely to be indicative of populations as a whole.

If I'm being honest, I dont have much time for some OZ cricketers, both past and present. But I think if you ask a lot of Ozzies, despite supprting their team unconditionally, many actually feel the same way about the way some individuals conduct themselves. When it comes to Rugby, League, and most other sports OZ and compete strongly at I think Ozzies are great! This OZ rugby team for example is very impressive!

That being said, I'm with @Kiwi_, when it comes to OZ v Arg I'll be supporting Arg all the way - I would take that as a compliment though!!

Bingo.

I think at the end of the day you probably get a tosser in one out of every 10 so called "sports fans" but the reality is most reasonable people dont have any hate mate! No doubt you may well perceive this, but again, I'd think you will find it generally comes from heat of the moment stuff and/or Conrad's favourite source of info: FB and fan pages. You have to admit both sources are unlikely to be indicative of populations as a whole.

If I'm being honest, I dont have much time for some OZ cricketers, both past and present. But I think if you ask a lot of Ozzies, despite supprting their team unconditionally, many actually feel the same way about the way some individuals conduct themselves. When it comes to Rugby, League, and most other sports OZ and compete strongly at I think Ozzies are great! This OZ rugby team for example is very impressive!

That being said, I'm with @Kiwi_, when it comes to OZ v Arg I'll be supporting Arg all the way - I would take that as a compliment though!!

I wouldn't say 1 out if 10, kiwis over here in Aus are far worse then the ones back home!!!! Mind you when we lose we have to live and work with these Aussies and they sure know how to rub our faces in it lol.

Do you really need to ask? I'd have thought it was pretty obvious: to GROW it. Argentina remain an up and coming power, and a world cup win would do incredible things for the profile of the game not just in Argentina but in South America in general. The All Blacks meanwhile, don't really need a PR boost for Union...

I didn't realise that you were so altruistic, you should change your name to st sanzar. Surely you really would like to see the mighty All Blacks brought down, if the Wallabies don't make it......just a little bit? Go on, admit it!

Probably the whole "underarm" thing aye :) ... actually, I've given up the whole, "i'll support this team if my team doesn't make it" thing, as it makes the games much more entertaining to watch, and I can watch it more objectively.

I'm not entirely convinced that the majority of Aussies feel the way that you do either when it comes to supporting us ... I was in Sydney for seven years (including the 2003 and 2007 RWCs). I remember thinking that work wouldn't be so bad in 2007, after the ABs got knocked out of the cup, because the Wallabies had been knocked out the game immediately before us. My work mates didn't care that the Wallabies had been knocked out, it was open season on me come Monday! :)

I agree. Like you in this forum, right? 121 messages and I've never seen a smart post about the game from you. Have you ever played rugby?

I didn't realise that you were so altruistic, you should change your name to st sanzar. Surely you really would like to see the mighty All Blacks brought down, if the Wallabies don't make it......just a little bit? Go on, admit it!

Well, perhaps it's simply a difference in attitude toward the game. Us fans from the Southern Hemisphere generally are trying to make the game as a whole progress you see, which is apparently quite different to the approach of the Northern unions, which have had to be dragged kicking and screaming through every move of progress :p .

This article today sheds a bit of light on the different attitudes: http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/10/2...hern-hemisphere-problem-with-a-global-season/

No, it won't grow it. Successful Argentine players will move to other countries, where the money is, most of their players already play elsewhere, a bit like the best Pacific Islanders, who would rather play for New Zealand or Australia. than Fiji or Samoa.

No, it won't grow it. Successful Argentine players will move to other countries, where the money is, most of their players already play elsewhere, a bit like the best Pacific Islanders, who would rather play for New Zealand or Australia. than Fiji or Samoa.

Argentina is a country of over 40 million people... so not exactly analogous to a PI nation like Tonga with 100 thousand people. What's more is next year they'll have their first Super Rugby franchise, giving local players a high profile and elite professional pathway at home.

Again, I realise you're from the UK and that you lot have opposed literally every move to progress the game, but try to think a little bigger.

Fair comments @ABs2011. The Kangaroos and Wallabies are certainly easier sides to support than our cricketers... much better blokes in both teams.

Also, just on this semi, I think you may well get your wish: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/r...o-unlikely-for-semifinal-20151021-gkf8iq.html

I find it hard to see us beating Argentina without arguably 3 of our most important players.

Oh WOW, and Corad assured us that 100% Pocock and Folau would be back ;)

In all seriousness, that is a massive blow for Australia. I've said my piece on how and why Pocock is so integral to the OZ team. IMO his absence almost cost them the QF against, with no disrespect, a Scotland team that should never really have been able to push OZ so close. Against Argentina, OZ will have to playout of their skin if they go in without Pocock and Folau. IMO Cheika will need to alter his game plan which is tough to do with limited prep. Stopping that Argentinian forward pack will be a mamoth effort. The ABs struggled with their A team for about 50 minutes, so I fear OZ will have to do something pretty special to win this one.

Well, this is a true Aussie who is supporting my idea

You have quoted my post about 4 times in less than 2 days. That suggests that you don't like to be known as the little brother of Australia, haha

Well, perhaps it's simply a difference in attitude toward the game. Us fans from the Southern Hemisphere generally are trying to make the game as a whole progress you see, which is apparently quite different to the approach of the Northern unions, which have had to be dragged kicking and screaming through every move of progress :p .

This article today sheds a bit of light on the different attitudes: http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/10/2...hern-hemisphere-problem-with-a-global-season/

It's too late to argue now. I do think you are right about different attitudes, just not right about the way the game has developed, as many of the problems associated with the modern game come from SH so-called " modernising".

Oh WOW, and Corad assured us that 100% Pocock and Folau would be back ;)

In all seriousness, that is a massive blow for Australia. I've said my piece on how and why Pocock is so integral to the OZ team. IMO his absence almost cost them the QF against, with no disrespect, a Scotland team that should never really have been able to push OZ so close. Against Argentina, OZ will have to playout of their skin if they go in without Pocock and Folau. IMO Cheika will need to alter his game plan which is tough to do with limited prep. Stopping that Argentinian forward pack will be a mamoth effort. The ABs struggled with their A team for about 50 minutes, so I fear OZ will have to do something pretty special to win this one.
Massive blow to the wobs. McMahon has to start along with hooper ( who me and Conrad agree us the best backrower on the team).

Latest posts