• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 2: New Zealand vs. France (17/10/2015)

Can McCaw really call himself a forward if that punch was enough to keep him on the floor for ages afterwards?

Edit: They're not going to look at the brawl after? Retallick did the exact same but with the elbow.

far out mate, I relise you obviously don't like New Zealand but don't be such a prick about it. Every damn post ive seen from you on this topic is you bagging New Zealand to some degree. They were wonderful today and yet you make out like they are playing terrible mid game when they were up by 16 points......

Can McCaw really call himself a forward if that punch was enough to keep him on the floor for ages afterwards?
On that - I thought at the time he totally milked it but go back and have a look closely at what happens after the "fist to face". McCaw gets knocked about a bit more and then takes a knee to the face from Picamoles while pinned on his back. That is definitely why he needed the medic - not the fist.

Yep it was totally the knee that did the damage. Id like to see more of the Kaino head stamping. It looked semi accidental but with the French involved I highly doubt it was an accident.

Barely anyone expects France to win. Every iota of pressure in this match up is on the shoulders of the ABs. France are expected to get blown out. How will the AB's react to true Rugby World Cup pressure? In 1999, 2007 and 2011 they wilted against the French. It's time for another slice of Gallic humble pie my Kiwi friend!!!!

Always rubbish coming from your mouth mate, the AB's could win the final 100-0 and you'd still be slating them.

- - - Updated - - -

" Originally Posted by TRF_Olyy View Post

Edit: They're not going to look at the brawl after? Retallick did the exact same but with the elbow."

Are you for real?

I think the problem for other sides in this RWC, isn't just that the All Blacks are rather good - it's that they're rather good and are used to winning RWC's.

very good performance from the ABs. very poor performance from the frenchies. Only moment when the frenchies started to play with good intention was the beginning of the second half and there could have been a different outcome. The difference ? mainly on the the aggressivity, when the french started to be more aggressive, ABs were on their footback...but lasted sadly for 5 minutes.

On the side, Owens is disgusting, having a laugh with carter was showing all his hate of the french, it has been a disgusting performance from this french hater.

To the guy asking why Crockett got subbed.

Pure speculation on my part but i suspect it wasn't because he gave that penalty away but HOW he gave it away. Falling into that ruck as he did was high risk, NO gain stupid stupid play. He was subbed right after giving away the penalty. As one of our south african friends said on here, Crockett is overated and worth a few points to the opposing team, and i whole heartedly agree. It's the only thing he seems to be consistant at unfortunetly

very good performance from the ABs. very poor performance from the frenchies. Only moment when the frenchies started to play with good intention was the beginning of the second half and there could have been a different outcome. The difference ? mainly on the the aggressivity, when the french started to be more aggressive, ABs were on their footback...but lasted sadly for 5 minutes.

On the side, Owens is disgusting, having a laugh with carter was showing all his hate of the french, it has been a disgusting performance from this french hater.

Great performance by the ABs. Can't believe Picamoles got a yellow card for that pathetic punch, damn.

France's team selection was poor for this world cup, and apart form that the pool of players to select from is comparatively poor. ABs just too good this time.

:lol:

No.

Yes. But you can't understand, you are just in your high. Sleep and look again at the second half and you will understand. Honestly, ABs have won only because there was no spirit in that french team (and it is down to the coach team). The only very few moments were the french rebelled themselves , ABs were just scared (start of the second half for example). There was no WANT, no fighting spirit in that french team , do not fool yourself on the result.

Owens is a french hater and this is something that is long known. The last 20 minutes of the game were just a farce of refering (forward passes, guys in front of the ball carrier etc etc) , the french were already knees on the ground and Owens just buried happily the french even more.

Yes. But you can't understand, you are just in your high. Sleep and look again at the second half and you will understand. Honestly, ABs have won only because there was no spirit in that french team (and it is down to the coach team). The only very few moments were the french rebelled themselves , ABs were just scared (start of the second half for example). There was no WANT, no fighting spirit in that french team , do not fool yourself on the result.

Owens is a french hater and this is something that is long known. The last 20 minutes of the game were just a farce of refering (forward passes, guys in front of the ball carrier etc etc) , the french were already knees on the ground and Owens just buried happily the french even more.

Stayed buried, take your inconsistent nonsense somewhere else and learn to play with some substance and consistency. Had enough of the big talk after a few results over the years here and there, go learn to be a proper team.

Great performance by the ABs. Can't believe Picamoles got a yellow card for that pathetic punch, damn.

France's team selection was poor for this world cup, and apart form that the pool of players to select from is comparatively poor. ABs just too good this time.

Picamoles was just silly defo and he deserved a yellow card defo.

France had a poor performance but please, all of you wake up and be honest. the only few times france woke up in the game (I mean put some agressivity and positive "violence") they were putting ABs on their back foot. like against Ireland, the failure of France is not about line out or scrum, it is just the fighting spirit, there was no want in this french team, be honest with yourself. It was a mascarade, it has nothing to do with the difference of level between AB and France, it was all done with a coaching team who has not been able to create a team and fighting spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

Stayed buried, take your inconsistent nonsense somewhere else and learn to play with some substance and consistency. Had enough of the big talk after a few results over the years here and there, go learn to be a proper team.

Good. Stay with your overconfidence for the next fight when we will have a real coach and a proper team.

If you have decided that the performance of this evening is representing any form of reality, fine, stay with your believe and fool yourself.

Do not get me wrong, Only france is accountable for his own failure but recognize as well that France did not become suddenly Namibia second team (no offense to namibia obviously)

Last edited:
What was the score in your reality?

The All Blacks never win. They either choke or the other team loses for a variety of reasons.

Again fine, stay in your own belief.

As said, France was absolutely poor this evening but certainly not because ABs were that good...

Picamoles was just silly defo and he deserved a yellow card defo.

France had a poor performance but please, all of you wake up and be honest. the only few times france woke up in the game (I mean put some agressivity and positive "violence") they were putting ABs on their back foot. like against Ireland, the failure of France is not about line out or scrum, it is just the fighting spirit, there was no want in this french team, be honest with yourself. It was a mascarade, it has nothing to do with the difference of level between AB and France, it was all done with a coaching team who has not been able to create a team and fighting spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

Good. Stay with your overconfidence for the next fight when we will have a real coach and a proper team.

If you have decided that the performance of this evening is representing any form of reality, fine, stay with your believe and fool yourself.

Do not get me wrong, Only france is accountable for his own failure but recognize as well that France did not become suddenly Namibia second team (no offense to namibia obviously)

You only have yourselves to blame. It was always going to be one or the other with you guys. You will never be a consistent team, you don't have the mental capability.

You only have yourselves to blame. It was always going to be one or the other with you guys. You will never be a consistent team, you don't have the mental capability.

I agree that we have only ourselves to blame, this is the most hurting reality to take onboard, It is not like the ABs were so much ahead of us, it is just that we were utterly crap, thanks to confirm what I'm trying to say. Again, France did not become Namibia A side suddenly.

All France is hoping tonight for something new with our new coach, we are all relived to see PSA leaving, he has been he worst coach ever for the french, Lets revive and rebuild something, see you soon. do not forget that all the guys you have seen this evening are playing for some of the best teams in Europe (and maybe in the world..always difficult to compare NH rugby clubs and SH rugby clubs as no competition between the 2 rugbys) and they did not become suddenly utterly crap. There has been a failure to create the right spirit to make them play together sadly.

Last edited:
So the better team didnt win, the lesser team lost?

I still think that one of the team did not have the occasion to really expressed itself.

I respect NZ a lot and I'm waiting from NZ fans to recognize at least that this evening was a mascarade of rugby on the french part. I'm not saying that ABs would not have won, I'm jut saying that France honestly did not defend its chances properly. And it was obvious on the pitch.

And again we have only ourselves to blame for this poor performance.

Last edited:
I was too blown away to comment . What an all round much improved performance by the AB's. The breakdown effort by the team deserves special praise. Much improved scrum . Jerome Kaino was also much improved . He went over the gain line. When he tackled his opponent went backwards! I actually saw him spoiling at the breakdown . In open play Carter was mesmerizing. I still have issues with him at the Set piece. He puts those outside him under pressure!! Conrad smith was effective in the inside channel. Nonu was busting tackles. Joe Moody shored up the scrum & was good with ball in hand! All Blacks!!!

I still think that one of the team did not have the occasion to really expressed itself.

I respect NZ a lot and I'm waiting from NZ fans to recognize at least that this evening was a mascarade of rugby on the french part. I'm not saying that ABs would not have won, I'm jut saying that France honestly did not defend its chances properly. And it was obvious on the pitch.

And again we have only ourselves to blame for this poor performance.

The most shameful thing I feel, was a lot of peoples lack of faith in the AB's winning this game. Huge disrespect to a bunch of great champions. There is still a long way to go, but the under-estimation of this side is mind-boggling and disrespectful.

Latest posts