• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 2: New Zealand vs. France (17/10/2015)

Mc Caw, up to his old tricks again horrible to watch, and that French team didn't turn up allowed NZ to knock em like skittles, wouldn't get my hopes up if I was an AB, Oz gonna destroy em.

Can't see AB's doing it, only time they win is when the rest are poor, like 2011 and 1987.

Every other team has been poor for decades the AB's have been the bench mark and world cups can be a lottery

Mc Caw, up to his old tricks again horrible to watch, and that French team didn't turn up allowed NZ to knock em like skittles, wouldn't get my hopes up if I was an AB, Oz gonna destroy em.

Can't see AB's doing it, only time they win is when the rest are poor, like 2011 and 1987.

Doubt it. Not convinced they'll get past Argentina in the Semi.

LOL

Seeing as your Irish atleast you guys are still in the tournament I guess.... So I can put up with this BS from you. But I will be cheering Argentina on of course.

Hehe didn't take you long to respond

Hopefuly the Carter thing is cleared up now. Me and a couple other people have been trying to say it for a while, but there are two performances that DC puts on the field: there are the ones where he is clearly holding back (or more likely being told to hold back), in particular where his running game is basically non-existent, and there are the games where he actually puts his foot down. He has clearly been purposefuly held back for much of the last 4 years I can only assume to preserve him for this RWC, but as we have seen when he does put his foot down he is still by far the best 10 in the world. Eden park was a good example, Tonga too, and now today he was pretty darn good as well! When he is on form so much space is opened up for the rest of the team as well. It will only get tougher from hear on in, but hope he will finally lead us to an on-field RWC! He deserves it I reckon!

2 More games!!

Your an optimist I'll give you that.

Seriously guys, what's the point in getting yourself dragged in to those kind of comments. The guy is just trolling you. Let him talk to himself.

Just typical excuses to summarise one players career based on a penalty here or there. Cause yknow, people like Pocock are saints. Lol. Dunno what they'll do when he retires! No one to spread myths and lies about.

The main thing I love is how they whinge about his trip being a red card but punching people is absolutely fine. ****in idiots.

Kiwis really hate Pocock aye? There's always a kiwi snipe about him in every thread it seems. Must mean he's doing a good job

Oh wow, very drunk but an opinion is an opinion, Carter rolled back the years tonight and showed what a real 10 is all about, Nonu made a statement and showed why he's the man.. Why did Crockett get subbed? Very harsh from Hanson..
The ABS showed their the the team to beat!
Great stufddddd dndn

Seriously guys, what's the point in getting yourself dragged in to those kind of comments. The guy is just trolling you. Let him talk to himself.

True. I've just never experienced it on any other rugby forum before though. Sure you get the odd swipe at McCaw, and he ain't perfect, but this place seems hung up on it and goes way too far. Pitty that kind of garbage gets regurgitated because this can be a pretty good site! But you're right mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Kiwis really hate Pocock aye? There's always a kiwi snipe about him in every thread it seems. Must mean he's doing a good job

Not at all. The point isn't Pocock mate. I'm trying to make a point that it's not like every other 7 has squeaky clean hands.

Nah man, they really dont. McFadden gets caught up in this McCaw is a cheat thing, and that's his rebuttal (perhaps fair enough). But Pocock is a very respected player over here. One of the few individual players in the world that most Kiwis fear playing. He really is quality. ANyone saying anything else doesnt deserve the attention IMO.

I think I know why NZ are good at rugby, last time I was in NZ, I couldn't go into a bar were there wasn't a naked man stripping, seriously, not to mention they even have naked rugby Dunieden I think, like come on these New Zealanders love been in the scrum to much.

True. I've just never experienced it on any other rugby forum before though. Sure you get the odd swipe at McCaw, and he ain't perfect, but this place seems hung up on it and goes way too far. Pitty that kind of garbage gets regurgitated because this can be a pretty good site! But you're right mate!

Just think of it as the ultimate complement bro - he is seriously that good that they have nothing else to critique him on!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, very drunk but an opinion is an opinion, Carter rolled back the years tonight and showed what a real 10 is all about, Nonu made a statement and showed why he's the man.. Why did Crockett get subbed? Very harsh from Hanson..
The ABS showed their the the team to beat!
Great stufddddd dndn

Groin issue. Sounds potentially problematic. Word came out that NMS shoulder was just precautionary, but the extent of Crockett's injury has not been revealed yet which raises concerns.

Just seen a tweet that Savea has earned the right to shave 11 into his eyebrow haha.

I think I know why NZ are good at rugby, last time I was in NZ, I couldn't go into a bar were there wasn't a naked man stripping, seriously, not to mention they even have naked rugby Dunieden I think, like come on these New Zealanders love been in the scrum to much.

Rugby is only for 80 minutes there is the rest of the night to enjoy yourself, I too liked ditching the clothes but have sadly grown out of it. Rugby in NZ is a way of life.

Rugby is only for 80 minutes there is the rest of the night to enjoy yourself, I too liked ditching the clothes but have sadly grown out of it. Rugby in NZ is a way of life.

I'm am been silly as you can tell, I do think Mc Caw is amazing, and if he can get away with it well more power to him, it's not Mc Caw who needs to change but the rules, I wish he played for us. In order to be a great you have to be able to take advantage of the ref/ rules and opposition.
And that is not a jab at the AB's.

Last edited:

Haha, so true. I once did a streak under lights at the All Black training facility at Massey Uni in Palmy - those were the days. Now I'd be far too worried I'd pull a hammy half way and have to embarrassingly limp back and then get sorted out by my wife....

I heard comments of him elbowdropping somone and Hansen pulled him before the stadium went all crazy with video replays and that. Probably just a rumour though.

Yeah, he did infringe at one point. Got a penalty for it, but then came off. Might have been due to that I dunno.

Typical French. I tried to get into 6N a few seasons back as I am a descendant of a Frenchman going back 5 generations even though I have closer ties to England and Ireland. They lose 5 games and play 1 brilliant one. And repeat.

I can't speak for every other NZer but I respect Pocock. Similar to how I respected George Smith. It's a Brumbies thing. I was concerned with his injuries keeping him out but it's amazing what level he is able to play at despite being injured seriously for a long time. If he didn't sustain those injuries he may've been even better than what he currently is.

It was a really good performance from the ABs. I have to say for the first half Dusautoir played his heart out. The loss of Michalak may have hurt them. I only saw flashes of what France were capable of, Bastareaud and Fofana look like a combination to watch for the future. I think that no look inside pass to Fofana and the line he ran was real sweet. However their performance as a team suggested they did not belong at the latter stages of this tournament.

I like how Beauden Barrett filled in for DC. Steve Hansen really did pull a stroke of genius with how he had the team play at a lesser standard in games 2-4. It really took a lot of pressure off the team and it was a masterful plan. Plenty of ex-players and punters were complaining in the NZ Herald but I assumed they were simply all battling for the relevance of their names and NZ Herald is my toilet paper. I had stated that it was best a certain player belonged in the team and still hold that view that he is a superior pick over Sladey but I can't complain given the performance and also how well Beaudy did.

I will add however that it is nuts how the players made a lot of basic handling errors in games 2-4 and mistakes but this was a highly polished game. It was like they dropped the ball on purpose or were instructed to by the coaches. I didn't see any phases like games 2-4 in this game.

I look close to a very tense and nerve-wracking game with South Africa. I reckon it will go to the wire.

Latest posts