• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: Argentina vs. Georgia (25/09/2015)

The thing with this match is that Arg is very very alerted about it. Our kids know this is a very decisive match, and it has allways been, even in 2007 I remember Pichot saying Georgia was a pivotal win in order to be succesful.

I'm not saying they cannot defeat us, but I don't see how an attack like ours today, able to break even AB's or any other top tier team, could leave the game not scoring enough points.

Anyway, we'll see.

Last edited:
The thing with this match is that Arg is very very alerted about it. Our kids now this is a very decisive match, and it has been allways, even in 2007 I remember Pichot saying Georgia was a pivotal win in order to be succesfull.

I'm not saying they cannot defeat us, but I don¡t see how an attack like ours today, able to break even AB's or any other top tier team, not scoring points.

Anyway, we'll see.

Tomorrow Los Pumas are taking the game seriously. They know that with Georgia are tested four years of the RC and , though the punishment Galarza has been a blow to the campus, they will leave everything on the court.
The team is almost the same that played against AB. We have a good pack of fowards in the first and third row with a mix of young players and more experienced ones, but mainly with huge guts.
While the pack of Giorgia is hard and with good size ensures a closed game in the first half . But the virtues of his pack are not the ones of their backs, who make good tackles but do not generate much atack during the game.
IMO it´s gonna be a closed , hard and very physical game. Nevertheless we must play with our tough rugby style without despair, and that way we can win without major surprises .

Last edited:
You cannot hate nicolás sánchez enough, he is a douche.

We deserve a try for this stupidity.

This has been a great game so far. Physicality, good skills and positive play. A lot on the line.

Kingsholm has also been my favourite ground thus far as well. Superb atmosphere.

Last edited:
JP Doyle gave him forever to get out the way there.

I was thinking the same about Kingsholm I know size is the issue but wish more games were being played at proper grounds.

Hernández just cannot contol himself: if he kicks, he kicks everything. It's inefficient and idiotic.

- - - Updated - - -

How dumb we can be?

Hernández just cannot contol himself: if he kicks, he kicks everything. It's inefficient and idiotic.

- - - Updated - - -

How dumb we can be?
That one kick aside, I didn't think he was playing too badly, was he substituted?

Argentina defending really well, attacking well too except for the final pass, they just make that one little error.

Georgia though, I think they want it more.

That Georgian teenager scrum-half is surprisingly good, won't be long before he moves to the Top 14. Also impressed by the quality of Georgian backs, didn't except them to play it wide so often.

French fans will laugh at this: Benjamín Urdapilleta wasn't even considered to be in this pumas' squad because... well, just because.

14-9 half time. stupid mistakes from Georgia. Argentina outstanding in open play.
Surprisingly Scrum is in favor of Georgia. Nariashvili won almost all scrum against Chaparro.

Latest posts