• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby Final: Waratahs v Crusaders

oh, well THAT's ok then. lol!

dude, just...drop it. Trust me...
anyways, well done Tahs, Crusaders just wouldn't let go but they both played really well, I don't think we could say one showed up and the other didn't, it really looked like both teams at their best, trying their hardest, and playing their game. Could've gone either way, and no one team was outright superior. But it turns out Foley's kick went over - barely - and that gave the Tahs a 1-point lead after 80min and that means win in Rugby....Crusaders weren't intimidated by the hostile environment though and threatened til the very, very end.
Super cool game to watch for a neutral eating an avocado with olive oil along with his glass of effervescent Vitamin C, I must say.

dude, just...drop it. Trust me...
anyways, well done Tahs, Crusaders just wouldn't let go but they both played really well, I don't think we could say one showed up and the other didn't, it really looked like both teams at their best, trying their hardest, and playing their game. Could've gone either way, and no one team was outright superior. But it turns out Foley's kick went over - barely - and that gave the Tahs a 1-point lead after 80min and that means win in Rugby....Crusaders weren't intimidated by the hostile environment though and threatened til the very, very end.
Super cool game to watch for a neutral eating an avocado with olive oil along with his glass of effervescent Vitamin C, I must say.

was exactly what you want from a final.

superb game for the neutral.

Best final I've seen for quite a while, very competitive the whole way through!

Saders only have themselves to blame. two points in front with four minutes to go and what do they do.... KICK THE FECKING BALL DOWN FOLAU'S THROAT....AGAIN! When you are in that position the only tactic should be
PICK AND GO

I agree. As I said at the time I thought replacing Ellis with Heinz was a mistake. Ellis knows how to close out games. Heinz doesn't really have a clue....

Best final I've seen for quite a while, very competitive the whole way through!

I agree with that too. It was a superb final. The only time it wasn't competitive was those first 10 minutes when the Tahs were all over the Crusaders....

I agree. As I said at the time I thought replacing Ellis with Heinz was a mistake. Ellis knows how to close out games. Heinz doesn't really have a clue....

I agree with that too. It was a superb final. The only time it wasn't competitive was those first 10 minutes when the Tahs were all over the Crusaders....

Just from seeing them going up to get the medals it looked like Ellis couldn't see out of his right eye which I'd suggest is the reason Heinz came on.

Saders only have themselves to blame. two points in front with four minutes to go and what do they do.... KICK THE FECKING BALL DOWN FOLAU'S THROAT....AGAIN! When you are in that position the only tactic should be
PICK AND GO

Yeah, I was very scared at the time, I thought they were going to do what you say. But they kicked and miracle appeared!

Just from seeing them going up to get the medals it looked like Ellis couldn't see out of his right eye which I'd suggest is the reason Heinz came on.

Ellis would have done a better job than Heinz with one eye. Indeed he would have probably done a better job with no eyes at all......

I could be wrong, but I don't think Ellis's eye was the reason he was subbed in any case. The Crusaders always sub him off somewhere around the 60-70 minute mark so Heinz can make an 'impact'....

Ellis would have done a better job than Heinz with one eye. Indeed he would have probably done a better job with no eyes at all......

I could be wrong, but I don't think Ellis's eye was the reason he was subbed in any case. The Crusaders always sub him off somewhere around the 60-70 minute mark so Heinz can make an 'impact'....

I heard Graham Henry once say that they believed it was near on impossible for a halfback to play 80 minutes in the modern game.

I heard Graham Henry once say that they believed it was near on impossible for a halfback to play 80 minutes in the modern game.

That makes sense, the modern rugby has a very intense pace

Oh man, oh man, oh man. So stoked right now - I feel like I was on the field!! Great win and an ever better game.

Foley showed tonight that we had the fortitude to win the Wallabies a WC given the chance. Cannot wait for the RC - bring it on!

I heard him say that too, but I don't believe it for a second. Ellis has played 80 minutes a number of times already this season, and didn't look to be out on his feet when he left. If you have two quality halfbacks (as the AB's have) I don't have any issue switching them over at the 60 minute mark (as I have no doubt that playing 9 is very draining). However I can't understand why you would take off your vastly experienced halfback who knows how to win pressure matches and replace him with an erratic halfback with no game sense what-so-ever with only 8 minutes left.....

by the sound off this. this sound like a great game shame i didn't watch this

Worthy champion, statistics prove it:

140802032307698894.jpg

Oh man, oh man, oh man. So stoked right now - I feel like I was on the field!! Great win and an ever better game.

Foley showed tonight that we had the fortitude to win the Wallabies a WC given the chance. Cannot wait for the RC - bring it on!

it feels almost inevitable now, the more 2014 unfolds, that Wales will unfortunately have to be left behind in the Pools...England at home isn't losing TWO GAMES in the pool, no way, and Australia are easily better than Wales atm, and can't see them be left for dead in the pool...gonna have to be Wales it seems. For Aus the bigger challenge is getting the first seed now. Just some time ago everybody had England and Wales advancing.
We'll see in the upcoming TRC just how 'for real' Australia is right now, because doing really well with clubs doesn't always translate into the country doing as brilliantly. A big pivotal moment for Aus, because I don't think they can get a whole lot better than what we've seen lately. So if they can't beat S.A. and N.Z. at home (they'll have two tries at beating the AB at home this year), it's kind of a finality in itself, they won't get considerably better by this time next year.

Tell you what, don't think Blackadder will open his big mouth about ANZ Stadium being a neutral f**king venue again!

Seriously, talk about a stupid comment... They're the NEW SOUTH WALES WARATAHS YOU DUMB F###! Not the bloody Moore park Waratahs! We could have played it in Newcastle and it would still have not been anything close to bloody neutral!

Last edited:
I'm still beyond words! This is the best thing since the Wallabies won the 1999 World Cup. In fact it's better, because we scored this at the death against an iconic team with once in generation players and a frightening record.

Don't think I'll sleep haha.

And conrad, if I can I'll get you your jersey!

^ interesting. Didn't think club Rugby meant so much to Aussies. Obviously you're still drunk with ecstasy (which is a point in itself) so you're talking absolute shiite about this being better than the Wallabies winning the 1999 RWC.

Latest posts