• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Australia vs. New Zealand in Sydney (17/08/2013)

kinda interesting.

Coles and Perenara have been released to play for wellington.

Kinda a shame really, thought maybe that coles had even overtaken Mealamu at least. He was pretty good up till injured against the french.

less of a suprise for Perenara but still a shame, I actually think he has the most potential of the 3 young halfbacks we have.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/9039686/Coles-left-out-of-All-Blacks-team

Very interesting. I was certain Coles was going to start this test. Tons of faith showen in Kev and hore from selectors

They use it with every test (unlike before when it was only used for games overseas), NZ club teams use it when they win a championship, even some NZ players use it in Europe when playing for their club team.

I suspect there might have been one or two other instances where haka were performed but thanks for the heads up. New Zealand will be pleased to know you feel haka are just now "getting a bit old". I guess a few thousand years is a pretty good run.

Please don't post every article Conrad Smith, if there's something in particular you want to comment on then post the link and add your comments. Otherwise we end up with a thread full of news articles!

Please don't post every article Conrad Smith, if there's something in particular you want to comment on then post the link and add your comments. Otherwise we end up with a thread full of news articles!

Ok, buddy. I'm sorry, I fixed my mistake

Ok, buddy. I'm sorry, I fixed my mistake

Cheers bud - perfect!

Interesting that there's been nothing said about Foley's chances of starting... It all seems to be either Toomua or Cooper.

Last edited:
I suspect there might have been one or two other instances where haka were performed but thanks for the heads up. New Zealand will be pleased to know you feel haka are just now "getting a bit old". I guess a few thousand years is a pretty good run.

Well...I tend to agree to be honest. Things stop becoming a spectacle when they become so routine. Take Kapa o Pango - it was supposed to be for only the most special occasions starting with the 2005 Lions tour, now it will be done at least every series.

Also - which haka is a couple of thousand years old? Maori people only arrived and settled in New Zealand around the 13th Century - while Ka Mate is from the 19th Century and Kapa o Pango the 21st Century.

zero suprises from the All Blacks

All Blacks:
Israel Dagg, Ben Smith, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Aaron Cruden, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (c), Liam Messam, Sam Whitelock, Luke Romano, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore and Tony Woodcock.
Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks, Charlie Faumuina, Brodie Retallick, Sam Cane, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Beauden Barrett and Ryan Crotty.

This test has to be a gauge to figure out if Hore, Woody and Mealamu have still got it. hore is the only one that had some form at times during super rugby. Man its strange seeing Charlie Faumuina in a test side when hes not played any rugby in so long.

Congratulations Ryan Crotty, could get his first start off the bench. If Nonu has a quiet/bad game I hope it comes early.

Does Ryan Crotty really deserve a shot? Can't help but think he is a bit average. I'd have taken Horrell over him.

he's deserved a shot for a couple of years now in my opinion

Last edited:
I think the difference between the two is that Crotty has started every game for the Crusaders this season while Horrell had a long injury spell.

I think Crotty deserves it He's had a great season.

But at the same time I really do like the look of Horrell, I cant remember seeing him make a mistake on the footy field. His running game is full of energy and hes an awesome defender. I see Horrell as the kind of player that would just slot straight into test rugby without battering an eyelid the same way he just seemed to cruise into super rugby and become a player everyone talked about basically from his first touch of the ball.

Well done to Crotty - good form this season. Slightly surprised, but well earned.

kinda harsh, he's a solid player and though he wont attract defenders or bust the line like nonu he can be handy on attack and is easily a better tackler than Nonu.

Thing is he would fill more a Conrad Smith role than a Nonu Role in the midfield, Smith did show a very handy and smart running game for a while but he hasn't set the park alight for some time in test footy.

very excited to see luatua! hope he grabs his chance with both hands. Good on ryan crotty, but why not have charles piutau coming off the bench...

Does Ryan Crotty really deserve a shot? Can't help but think he is a bit average. I'd have taken Horrell over him.

Yes Crotty is very quickly becoming the new Benson Stanley...

A very apt comparison. Although I always quite liked Benson Stanley for his exceptional defense, Crotty doesn't have anything exceptional, just pretty good at some stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts