• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I'm watching Spanish "Élite" (Netflix series). A kind of "vulgar teen drama", but like it much-much more than similar "Sex education"/"Euphoria" that rather disappointed me. Started to watch without expecting anything good...but now almost finished season 2 and didn't lost an interest (it's getting only better so far).

Watched the first three episode on new Frasier yesterday. (After years of watching loads of episodes last year I watched the entire series).

It's good the only thing I'm not sold on is Niles'/Daphne's son who is being used in a similar way as David Hyde Pierce and is simply nowhere near as good. But early sitcoms usually struggle early days findingntheir footing.
Definitely got to get round to watching it. I was like I didn't want to ruin the memories of the original Frasier which was just first class comedy (apart from a couple of seasons as mentioned before) .

But I can't think of a decent American comedy series that I have really enjoyed since - even if this one is half as good. Never got into the whole Big Bang theory, 2 and half men or How I Met your mother. Everybody loves Raymond and King of the Queens are just bad.

Definitely got to get round to watching it. I was like I didn't want to ruin the memories of the original Frasier which was just first class comedy (apart from a couple of seasons as mentioned before) .

But I can't think of a decent American comedy series that I have really enjoyed since - even if this one is half as good. Never got into the whole Big Bang theory, 2 and half men or How I Met your mother. Everybody loves Raymond and King of the Queens are just bad.
Big Bang Theory takes a while to find its footing but also then looses it.
I've watched a lot of 2 and a half men but never found the desire to binge it.

Raymond/Queens agree just frankly terrible

How I Met Your Mother, I loved and rewatched recently its still great. Apart form the last episode which is still a travesty.

In terms of American comedy Community is great but the 5th/6th seasons are stale.

The Good Place (Ted Danson for a through line here) is definitely one of the greatest comedies made.

Honesty don't think there has been a good American network comedy series that has lasted more than 4 seasons since the Frasier/friends era.

FX/FXX/Hulu have been carrying the bulk of our entertainment.

Community and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia are my two favourite modern American comedies, especially IASIP - though that's been going so long now does it even count?
Brooklyn 99 is up there, as well

I'm sure there are others that I've enjoyed too, but can't think of any atm

Community and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia are my two favourite modern American comedies, especially IASIP - though that's been going so long now does it even count?
Brooklyn 99 is up there, as well

I'm sure there are others that I've enjoyed too, but can't think of any atm
Forgot about Brooklyn 99 yup thats brilliant. Shame the reasons they bought it to an end (even though it ended perfectly).

The Good Place (Ted Danson for a through line here) is definitely one of the greatest comedies made.
This is one I got to find the time to finish off. I think I finished the first series.

Alot ******* better.

When they launched the show they put all those 3 episodes out at once and I think it was a strategy I'd have probably given up.

By the end it's the best TV show of 2022. Those initial episodes are really key to caring about Space Belfast.
Yeah, just finished it and ended up bloody loving it
Really picks up from Episode 3 onwards

Yeah, just finished it and ended up bloody loving it
Really picks up from Episode 3 onwards
I appreciate its a hard slog to begin with but I find it hilarious the star wars manbabies finally got their deadly serious star wars for adults and decided it was boring.

It turns into a heist film to a prison break finally to rebellion. Showcasing what it's like to live under fascism.

But yeah it delivers on this trailer

Spoilers in next few videos

I remember thinking it's nice they cast Fiona Shaw in it but isn't this role kinda small for her?

Love the manifesto this was the best edit it's a shame no ones done a more cleaner version of it.

And the other two great monlogues

Forgot about Brooklyn 99 yup thats brilliant. Shame the reasons they bought it to an end (even though it ended perfectly).
I remember reading that the creators of the Brooklyn Nine Nine (Dan Goor & Michael Schur) envisioned shooting 153 episodes when they first started production in 2013. And that's how many they ended up doing. Although they had to change networks (from Fox to NBC) to get there. I agree with you, it did end perfectly.

Last edited:
Big Bang Theory takes a while to find its footing but also then looses it.
I've watched a lot of 2 and a half men but never found the desire to binge it.

Raymond/Queens agree just frankly terrible

How I Met Your Mother, I loved and rewatched recently its still great. Apart form the last episode which is still a travesty.

In terms of American comedy Community is great but the 5th/6th seasons are stale.

Did you ever see Wings? It was popular American sit-com from 1990-1997. They shot 172 episodes over 8 seasons. It was created by David Angell, Peter Casey & David Lee who were all writers and producers on Cheers and the original Frasier. *Pluto TV is free and they stream Wings, Cheers and Frasier. www.pluto.tv

Last edited:
Did you ever see Wings? It was popular American sit-com from 1990-1997. They shot 172 episodes over 8 seasons. It was created by David Angell, Peter Casey & David Lee who were all writers and producers on Cheers and the original Frasier. *Pluto TV is free and they stream Wings, Cheers and Frasier. www.pluto.tv
I did watch Wings when I was much younger.

I remember reading that the creators of the Brooklyn Nine Nine (Dan Goor & Michael Schur) envisioned shooting 153 episodes when they first started production in 2013. And that's how many they ended up doing. Although they had to change networks (from Fox to NBC) to get there. I agree with you, it did end perfectly.
It's great they got that far, I just like the ending because it felt a natural conclusions for thier characters but also that it got there naturally rather than circling the drain for ages.

Sadly the reason why they canned it was after George Floyd they felt they couldn't make a comedy show about cops anymore. You can kinda tell due to how that season starts they felt theybhad to address it but also it was hard for them to.make it funny anymore. Which is a real shame but uderstandable.

Didn't realise there's a new series (/remake/reimagining of) Goosebumps on Disney+, I've been scrolling past thinking it was the Jack Black movie

Grew up reading the books/watching the original show so will definitely check it out

well Matthew Perry passed unfortunately. His work as Chandler was amazing.
Richard Moll who played bailiff Bull Shannon on the original Night Court has also passed away. May they both rest in peace.

well Matthew Perry passed unfortunately. His work as Chandler was amazing.
So sad and shocked. He was brilliant as Chandler in Friends. Apparently found dead in his Jacuzzi. I wouldn't be surprised linked to his addiction problems caught up with him.

RIP.

Latest posts