• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Just finished all of Ted Lasso

What a show
Yup I describe as a show about masculinity but learning to remove the toxic elements. I adored it.

Also being British working for American company I find the early season culture differences really relatable.

Damn it i thought this was out this month! Enjoyed season 1 l especially the ending

After finishing Star Trek Strange New Worlds season 2 i watched Dungeons and Dragons film(which was good) and now watching the Halo tv series(never seen before but loved the games when i was younger).

Looking for more nerdy recommendations :)

Damn it i thought this was out this month! Enjoyed season 1 l especially the ending

After finishing Star Trek Strange New Worlds season 2 i watched Dungeons and Dragons film(which was good) and now watching the Halo tv series(never seen before but loved the games when i was younger).

Looking for more nerdy recommendations :)
Star Trek: Lower Decks
The Last of Us
Wheel of Time
Rings of Power
Andor
Sandman

I think that's it from recent years of stuff I liked and have seen.

Seen all except lower decks
Lower Decks is good in a comedic lover letter to older Star Trek (ie Enterprise and Before) I know the cartoon nature rubs some the wrong way. But it does tell good Trek stories.

Lower Decks is good in a comedic lover letter to older Star Trek (ie Enterprise and Before) I know the cartoon nature rubs some the wrong way. But it does tell good Trek stories.
I like lower decks, the Moopsy was brilliant

As it's the 60th anniversary, I thought I'd give Doctor Who a chance. What on earth was that rubbish? I'm aware it's never been that great, but the plot literally gets swept away by the writers overall thoughts and message. It was that badly done, even the bbc review calls it out.

If this is the direction it's been in since Jodie was the doctor, no wonder it's flopping.

As it's the 60th anniversary, I thought I'd give Doctor Who a chance. What on earth was that rubbish? I'm aware it's never been that great, but the plot literally gets swept away by the writers overall thoughts and message. It was that badly done, even the bbc review calls it out.

If this is the direction it's been in since Jodie was the doctor, no wonder it's flopping.
Apart from reviews (like the spectator) your the first person I've seen have negative opinion of it.

I thought it fine not as good as 50th anniversary but I guess the real proof will be after all three and the overriding arc (why has Tennent's face returned).

Ah nevermind no point in engaging see you bough up the Disney wokery and now this one. You're one of these people who think Star Trek has gotten too political right?

Ah nevermind no point in engaging see you bough up the Disney wokery and now this one. You're one of these people who think Star Trek has gotten too political right?
Star Trek? Don't know. Don't watch it. My point on the other thread was about disney struggling. Nice to see you try the old shut down attempt based on nothing though. Try harder.

Yeah, we'll have to see how the next two pan out I guess. Could just be a bit of rust in this one from RTD etc.

Update: Just looked into it. Apparently the episode was based off a comic book. I wonder if that's a first for the show? 🤔

Last edited:
If you liked the tv show MONK, here's some good news. Peacock is now streaming a new MONK movie. I watched it last night and it's very good. 👍

Last edited:
Not sure how late to the game I am but I've been watching the new planet earth.. very good quality as usual but I can definitely see a certain segment of society whining about how heavily it hammers home the message about climate change and our role in it.

Latest posts