• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I don't really remember any good film/series based on Pratchetts' novels tbh... The only one that I liked was "Hogfather". There were also miniseries based on the Rincewind cycle (that I was waiting for) but finally I didn't like them and was terribly disappointed

I didn't like the actor who played Teatime, and how ever much I love David Jason, I didn't think he was a good Rincewind.

I kinda liked season 2 although it felt a bit too preachy & trying to make a not very subtle social point by the end.
I didn't make it to the end.
Watched the first 2 episodes, and it had lost most of its charm and almost all of its humour.
Sheen and Tennant still had electric chemistry, but...

Maybe it all hung together as a season, I dunno.

I don't really remember any good film/series based on Pratchetts' novels tbh... The only one that I liked was "Hogfather". There were also miniseries based on the Rincewind cycle (that I was waiting for) but finally I didn't like them and was terribly disappointed
Good Omens was very good IMO, until it left the source material behind.
Second best IMO is Going Postal.
Hogfather was... okay, as was Wyrd Sisters.
The rest have been pretty bad though.

I didn't make it to the end.
Watched the first 2 episodes, and it had lost most of its charm and almost all of its humour.
Sheen and Tennant still had electric chemistry, but...

Maybe it all hung together as a season, I dunno.

Good Omens was very good IMO, until it left the source material behind.
Second best IMO is Going Postal.
Hogfather was... okay, as was Wyrd Sisters.
The rest have been pretty bad though.
It's a real shame, I would love it if they made an Ankh Morpork series. I feel it could have great mileage if done correctly.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about that - it's like how Cars was a film about cars/racing then Cars 2 was all spies and secret agents

Will still give it a watch, as I love Aardman - hoping to be pleasantly surprised

Yeah, they make fun stuff.
It's strange how they didn't have the original voice actor because she sounds different...then go with someone that sounds completely different anyway.

I've been watching a lot of old film noir movies on Movies! (a classic movie channel here in the USA). They dedicated certain times to that genre and I record as many as I can with the DVR in my cable box. I love those old classics, especially the films starring Humphrey Bogart. He was a great actor. 👍

Two serie finales I was watching today, Wheel of Time and Ashoka

Wheel of Time came along leaps and bounds from S1, but I found the finale to be a bit lame, not on the level of Season 1, but still a bit disappointing. I think the 'ensemble' nature of the show damages it a bit, and the wrong characters get way too much priority.

Ashoka got a lot of praise online, but for me it's just more Star Wars. Nowhere near the level of Andor. The characters are largely bland and generic, choreography goofy, and nearly entirely reliant on nostalgia for a cartoon series I haven't watched. Thrawn was the saving grace, he was at least not your usual moustache twirling Star Wars villain.

Catching up on some "must watch" TV that I missed first time around, so first view. Generally watching 1 episode most days.

Finished Sopranos last week - not my genre, well written, well acted, well shot. Despite my general disinterest in gangster/mob stuff, it mostly held my interest, and did well enough.
Obviously, it's overhyped, but genuinely very good.
I know there's supposed to be debate about the last episode / scene, but I really don't understand why. Initial angst about the final shot, I understand, but that was truly excellent, and the only bit that actually transcended the genre - but there's no real mystery.

About half way through the first season of The Wire, and... I don't get the hype so far. I presume it'll improve but so far, so cliche.
I'll allow that showing depth for the criminal side may have novel for the time so may have been setting a new standard there, but I've already lost my resolve to not/barely look at phone whilst it's on.
Again, it's also not my genre, but way less interesting to watch than Sopranos.

The Wire took me two attempts to get through season 1, but the second time I went through the whole series and absolutely loved it

Mixed reviews. Will hold fire until a few episodes have been released before I catch up. I wasn't too keen when I heard they were bringing it back preferring to remember the last full seasons as they were.

Can't see it being the same without Hyde-Pierce, Mahoney, Leeves and of course Moose/Enzo. Can't get rid of the feeling this may well turn out to be one of those they should have let sleeping dogs lie tv series.

Mixed reviews. Will hold fire until a few episodes have been released before I catch up. I wasn't too keen when I heard they were bringing it back preferring to remember the last full seasons as they were.

Can't see it being the same without Hyde-Pierce, Mahoney, Leeves and of course Moose/Enzo. Can't get rid of the feeling this may well turn out to be one of those they should have let sleeping dogs lie tv series.
I was a fan of the original Frasier and didn't expect much from this reboot, because most reboots bore me. I'll watch the first season of this reboot because I've got a Paramount+ freebie coming with my internet deal. I hope it's good enough to keep me interested. If not there's always re-runs of the original on Pluto TV for free.

Last edited:
I was a fan of the original Frasier and didn't expect much from this reboot, because most reboots bore me. I'll watch the first season of this reboot because I've got a Paramount+ freebie coming with my internet deal. I hope it's good enough to keep me interested. If not there's always re-runs of the original on Pluto TV for free.
Yeh that is what I will probably do. Original Frasier was the best American comedy for me. It really set the gold standard. There was only 1 or 2 ok seasons for me when they brought in Daphne's family in. Didn't even make any sense given none of them spoke with the same accent as Daphne who was supposed to be from Manchester.

I suppose to appeal to the American audience who don't know any better. But we don't all speak cockney accents or posh King's English. 🤔

Latest posts