• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF EA Rugby '06 NZ Tournament

Sounds good GG. I'm sure there'll be a lot more great ideas for the big weekend in the capital yet. :cheers:

I know dobrien7 has told me that he very much looks forward to "penetrating your backline" once's "slipped through the gap". :blink:

I'm sure he'll be "firing on all cylinders!" :p

i would also like to note that i dont know any pre-teen eco-friendlies and i dont like tomato soup. plus tomato soup doesnt go well on bbqs

If we're going with Simpsons references, I have one suggestion for this tournament.

"NO FAT CHICKS". Or I'll have to wear a T-Shirt saying so, and run around the living room holding up a skunk.

Also Woosaah, Do you have an "Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag" nearby?

well my gf isnt fat, but i would be surprised if she came anywhere near my place during this weekend

she wouldnt get any attention thats for sure so its best she stays home :)

I know it's not Homer, but how about...

familyguytshirt26we.jpg

I plan to beat GG, with him having a World XV and me using nothing more than the Russian side with all their reserves on. The Score will be 42-0.....at halftime. B)

Then I'll blindfold myself and ask the nearest person to amputate both my thumbs (without anaesthetic), to make things slightly more even.

At the start of the second half I'll get three of my players sent off, to further assist poor Gay-Guy, then proceed to humiliate him. :rolleyes:

Final score will be 77-7 (I let him in, in the 77th minute to stop the weeping). His final words are "Thank you sir, may I have another?". :wah:

Then with a nod to the adoring crowd, and a carefree toss over the shoulder, I'll throw whats left of my thumbs as a marvellous souvenir for the awestruck fans.

Then he'll continue to plead for a re-match to which I'll say, "Your not worthy to play a cardboard cut-out of me!", then I leave as grand champion. :bravo:

......then I'll wake up. :zzz:

lol nice

i really need some practice at this multiplayer

and fast...

i feel i am going to be left way behind because of lack of playing against a real person

Originally posted by woosaah@May 19 2006, 02:16 PM
lol nice

i really need some practice at this multiplayer

and fast...

i feel i am going to be left way behind because of lack of playing against a real person

Well, a bit like the real thing, I'm sure that even the best can be knocked over when the other side is in form and they aren't.

So, maybe an upset or two might book you a semi. Who knows?

exactly who knows....

i dont normally have any problem playing people but i havnt really played that many people at sports games that play other people at the same sport games

if you know what i mean :)

Just :p

You'll be fine, although it does highlight the need for a division 2 for first round non-winners (politically correct) as I sure as hell don't wanna go and pay all the way to Wellington just to have one game... it'll keep others interested instead of getting sh!tfaced and being hecklers in the crowd. THe Div 2 final could be the curtain-raiser to the premier final (I'm sure that's been mentioned before).

well we can have a few "practice games" before the torny begins, just to get a few people up to speed.

is anyone against me created a roster for the games? everone chosing a team and a lineup and i will give every player in those teams the same stats? just to make it even? (wont take long to do as i can just run my program to do it)

anyone against that idea?

I'm in the same boat as you Woosaah... A lot my mates play Warcraft and Generic Fantasy game XIII etc. etc.

The only sports games I get to play in multiplayer are FIFA Top Spin and Tiger Woods...

My rugby mates don't like videogames either that much... Just the odd racing game...

I thrashed my little brother though.

Originally posted by kaftka@May 19 2006, 02:51 PM
I'm in the same boat as you Woosaah... A lot my mates play Warcraft and Generic Fantasy game XIII etc. etc.

The only sports games I get to play in multiplayer are FIFA Top Spin and Tiger Woods...

My rugby mates don't like videogames either that much... Just the odd racing game...

Kaftka, can I put your down at the top of the thread mate?

By the way, I'm sure there'll be some training time with GG, dobrien7 and myself for those of you who need a quick catch-up before the tourney starts. None of us like having the upper-hand.

if your lucky GG can come pick you up on his way through "napier" (everyone knows where you live except los lol)

Originally posted by kaftka@May 19 2006, 02:51 PM

I'm keen for a bit of tiger when the rugby playing is quiet, thrashed Tiger 05 and 06 to hell the last two years. Got best round scores of -21 and -23 so far...

... will carefully bring my console, then can use my profile etc.

Actually if you do your modding Woosaah, we'll need it installed onto all 'competition' consoles too won't we? As it'd take forever to have a whole tournament on one machine wouldn't it?

yeah but thats no biggie if another modded xbox comes as well. we need at least one more xbox for 2 games going on 2 projectors (at other ends of the lounge) and another one for other gaming on the 29" if that is the case.

i can always just make all the props have all the same stats all the hookers same stats all the flankers same stats etc etc and it wont matter who you pick and such. and i can just copy the profiles over. if i can find out where the teams are hidden in the data.gob file then i can change all the default teams as well then we wont need a profile on each machine.. wont go into too much detail though

You know the best pubs/clubs to go in Wellington to go get :wacko: after the finals?

depends on if you want to go into wellington town or lower hutt, not much in lwer hutt, but the train is about 5 mins walk from my place (more if you are ******)